It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

In this case the disposal of blood that I would preferred stayed in my body???

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gryphon66

What it would do is classify a pregnancy from conception as an “unborn person” and it would classify all such miscarriages as fetal remains which would certainly set the precedent to extend this requirement to all individuals not just healthcare providers.

Bull potatoes!

It establishes no such precedent. It simply requires medical facilities to properly dispose of remains. there is no, zero, requirement on any parent/patient to do anything.

Now you're trying to add in things that aren't even there.

TheRedneck

Hmmm ... you think that’s why I said “establishes a precedent to be used in further legislation”?

Hint: it is.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Right. You keep using the term garbage here no one else.

As defined by you. Not by me, or Dawn, or the lady in PA.

It is not a human body in spontaneous abortion during early pregnancy; that’s the point.

I have no concerns about cremation practices ... does that trigger you too?

We have debated before, but I see a side that I wish I hadn’t. Knowing that you are glad to misrepresent facts intentionally not unlike the barely literate mouth breathers is very personally disappointing, actually.

This law requires a medical facility to treat ALL fetal remains as human remains. Cremation is not the same as incineration. Cremation is a very specific term for the process in dealing with human bodies.

Which is what this all turns about ... And you’re fully aware of that fact.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Oh, but surely no one would be crazy enough to interpret the law to mean that...

Except that theres plenty of activists cops, das, and judges that are crazy enough to believe such things as a women was willing to throw herself down a flight of stairs because she didnt want to be pregnant and jail her. Matter of fact, there are quite a few women in jail for the crime of just having a miscarriage under laws we were assured wouldn't be used against the pregnant women.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

In this case the disposal of blood that I would preferred stayed in my body???

We call that "garbage."

It is a thing that has less than zero value and is therefore discarded, typically into a landfill. Garbage.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Oh, but surely no one would be crazy enough to interpret the law to mean that...

Except that theres plenty of activists cops, das, and judges that are crazy enough to believe such things as a women was willing to throw herself down a flight of stairs because she didnt want to be pregnant and jail her. Matter of fact, there are quite a few women in jail for the crime of just having a miscarriage under laws we were assured wouldn't be used against the pregnant women.

The stealthy part of this bill is that it defines an “unborn child” to exist from the moment of conception. That’s what supporters are so hot and heavy for. The lady in the PA video pointed that out; that’s why they’re so pissed at her.

As we can see, supporters obsessively refer to garbage repeatedly. It’s sad really.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I know what you're trying to do here, Gryph. You're not fooling anyone. You are upset because of the use of a word... it offends you. Well, guess what? Referring to the human remains of an unborn child as a "mess on a napkin" offends me. You don't give a crap, and neither do I.

I also know why you are so offended. You are worried that someone will see the term "unborn child" and think that maybe that thing inside them really is alive (Hint: it is) and think maybe that abortion they were considering isn't such a good idea. Can't have that happening, can we? But you are worried about nothing; let me reassure you of that. Roe v. Wade is already on the upcoming docket for the Supreme Court, and it will be overturned. That's what you should be worried about.

And a messy napkin is still a piece of garbage. Keep on arguing that it isn't. You're actually starting to amuse me.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Matter of fact, there are quite a few women in jail for the crime of just having a miscarriage under laws we were assured wouldn't be used against the pregnant women.

And I would be standing shoulder to shoulder with you against this... except for one problem. Both sides are insane. I tend to lean towards positions with some basis in reality.

So the abuses will likely continue. No one wants to be on the side of someone who can't even admit a messy napkin is garbage. A shame, really. Throwing away potential progress over a silly argument over semantics.

Maybe someday we can finally get some common sense abortion laws... after Roe v. Wade is gone.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Whatever, doesnt change the fact that there very well could of been a few times in my life that there may have been a fertilized egg within that mess...
And, I doubt if many people would have been able to determine the "garbage" as you put it and the not garbage... who knows maybe I am finding you rather offensive right now by what you are saying. Claiming my blood as garbage!! Regardless of how I chose to dispose it!!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I know what you're trying to do here, Gryph. You're not fooling anyone. You are upset because of the use of a word... it offends you. Well, guess what? Referring to the human remains of an unborn child as a "mess on a napkin" offends me. You don't give a crap, and neither do I.

I also know why you are so offended. You are worried that someone will see the term "unborn child" and think that maybe that thing inside them really is alive (Hint: it is) and think maybe that abortion they were considering isn't such a good idea. Can't have that happening, can we? But you are worried about nothing; let me reassure you of that. Roe v. Wade is already on the upcoming docket for the Supreme Court, and it will be overturned. That's what you should be worried about.

And a messy napkin is still a piece of garbage. Keep on arguing that it isn't. You're actually starting to amuse me.

TheRedneck

Am I upset? I gues I was for a bit. I thought I knew who I am talking to, but I obviously don’t. That’s on me, and I recover very quickly these days.

As far as desiring accurate posting at ATS? Sure, I’d rather see people tell the truth than not. You keep claiming that I or Dawnstar or the PA representative used that term. We didn’t. You did.

I’m not worried at all. I don’t live in PA, and honestly abortion is not a big concern in my life.

This law isn’t about proper hygienic disposal of medical waste nor is it about giving appropriate honor and respect to those who have lost a fetus or to the fetus itself.

This is an attempt to back-door imposing asinine beliefs via the state on everyone. Your beliefs are not universal. IF you don’t want an abortion, don’t have one. If you and your wife, god forbid, were to lose any other pregnancies untimely, please take whatever steps you need to deal with what must be horrific grief.

Don’t try to use the jackboot of the state to make everyone else act as you see fit.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

A messy napkin is what a person decides it is. Heck I bet I I look hard enough I will find Christian's flocking around one because the mess resembles the virgin Mary or something!!

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

You're the one throwing a fit about semantics! I'd rather be discussing the actual law...

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

You're the one throwing a fit about semantics! I'd rather be discussing the actual law...

That’s a lose for their side. That’s the reason for the theatrics.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Lol.. this is why women and doctors should be the only ones writing abortion laws..
The men are intentionally stupid in this area, understandably so...

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I can't think of a single legal medical procedure that men are limited from in any way.

Our bodies are our fundamental property. This is not a hard concept to understand.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Nah, not a lose... just a distraction. When Roe v. Wade is overturned, we'll see how unconcerned you are about abortion. Maybe you can call that a "lose" too?

As far as knowing who you are talking to, so did I think I knew you. I have seen you exercise critical thinking on issues. This time, you just don't seem to care to use it, though. You seem to think that a "mess on a napkin" is somehow not garbage, you seem to think that what is inside a pregnant woman's body is not human somehow, and you seem to think that a law requiring medical facilities to properly dispose of the remains is somehow immoral. Those are simply not logical arguments.

I took issue with the wording used by a politician. I felt it was demeaning and hurtful to many people, based on my own reaction to it as well as the reaction of several PA residents. You chose to brush that offense and hurt aside; it doesn't affect you, obviously... you even attempted to "push buttons" by continuing to use the phrase over and over. Finally I took a moment to look up the actual law, which says nothing about requiring any action on the part of the parent/patient, and you decide it instead sets a precedent because of the way a word is defined.

Your entire actions in this thread have been based on semantics and attempts to 'trigger' others, combined with ridiculous assertions that bear no resemblance to reality. Then you decide, meh, it's not that big a deal to me.

Liar.

What is truly disappointing is that you are capable of so much better. Ah, well, can't save everyone. Enjoy your fantasies. The times, they are a-changing... and I am afraid you will not like the new changes.

Have a nice day.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

this is why women and doctors should be the only ones writing abortion laws

Thank you... you just saved me a lot of time.

You are no longer worth replying to. I care not what you think or want or say after that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Disappointment all 'round then.

I know how to fix that.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We are are a point where democrats don't see the unborn, or even worse - the recently born, as human beings.

Plenty of Republicans and their daughters are getting abortions. Plenty of Christians get abortions too.

You are correct. But the thing that bothers me most is the idea that a child can be completely born, outside the womb, and in good health. Then that child is placed in a plastic bag and left in a room alone until "nature" takes its course. I consider that nothing short of murder. There are people in jail for doing that as we speak. Yet democrats legalise that act and call it humane. I know of no republican nor christian who condones that act.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Lol.. we are sitting here discussing womens used sanitary napkins and how some can be considered bloody messes while others cant...
How anyone can tell the difference between the two without a microscope or at least a magnifying glass along with a level of knowledge in reproductive biology than most have is beyond me.
But ya, have a hussy fit when a women tells you it's a bloody less on a napkin for the first few months of pregnancy.
And, this law does pertain any fertilized egg and doesnt really clearly explain how it will address those fertilized eggs that are miscarried early outside of a healthcare facility.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join