It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

First, here's a hint.. she wasn't talking about your typical table napkin. And like I already said she wasn't talking about miscarriages in the later months of pregnancies.. no napkin would be able to handle that kind of bloody mess!!
And, yes, the law applies to any stage of development, from fertilization to the ninth month of pregnancy.

And, for the most part in these types of discussions, I have zeroed in on the health complications that pregnancy can sometimes cause that would make abortion the best possible choice. Ummm. You know like when a young child becomes a victim of incest even though her body isnt developed enough to carry it to term and a state just passed a law that basically says tough crap!! Cant do nothing about unless shes about to die. Think you we no t off in that discussion just like you did here with me.

Well, sorry that the congresswoman's statement offended you so when she stated what is really a fact. Many early miscarriages might just be a tad bit messier than the average monthly messiness and have a tendency to go unnoticed!!

So, since you care so much, will you be willing to volunteer to be on the used tampon/napkin collection force for the first month??

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Gryphon66

That’s an amazing PC argument there Redneck.

Unsurprisingly, the “feelz” of those you agree with should be legislated and everyone else should conform.

Hey, I learned from the progressives. You guys make pretty good teachers.

TheRedneck

You didn’t learn much apparently, if you think I’m a progressive. And honestly, I have little respect for any point of view that decries an action and then does that action.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You know, if someone had a doubt about the law being proposed, one could simply look up the law. It wasn't hard. The OP linked a news article that gave the bill number, and a quick search for "Pennsylvania House Bill 1890 text" gave me the actu al text of the bill. It took less than two minutes.

As it turns out, you guys are exactly wrong about everything. Section 3(a):

Costs.--Upon the fetal death of an unborn child, if a parent of the unborn child selects a location for the final disposition of the fetal remains other than a location that is usual and customary for a health care facility, the parent shall be responsible for the costs relating to the final disposition of the fetal remains.

A parent of a miscarried or aborted child is only responsible for costs if they choose to take possession of the remains. This is further clarified in Section 3(d):

Simultaneous cremation.--If the fetal remains of an unborn child are not claimed by a parent of the unborn child, a person in charge of interment may cremate the fetal remains by simultaneous cremation.

This is a bill designed to prevent hoarding of fetal remains (remember the remains found in a guy's office some time ago?) by medical facilities, and likely to also prevent black market sales of fetal remains (yes, there is a black market for these, much of which centers around stem cell testing). It has nothing to do with requiring a parent to pay anything or even requiring the patient to do anything. There is no requirement on the parents whatsoever, only a provision that allows them to take possession of their child's remains and dispose of them in a way that seems dignified to them.

So no, there will not be people rummaging through dumpsters looking for used tampons... no, there will not be people afraid to go to the hospital for prenatal care... no, there will be no extra charge from a funeral home... and everything you callous people have said is totally, 100%, unconditionally wrong.

But it was a good excuse to offend people... I guess that's worth something, ain't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I just posted the damn law. Try reading it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it's not a chicken.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, and swims like a duck, it's not a chicken.

TheRedneck

What fascist said that?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

What fascist said that?

I did.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What fascist said that?

I did.

TheRedneck

For be it from me to deny you your chosen identity.

For someone arguing for the truth, you seem to have left a few items out of your quote:

(b) Duties of health care facilities.--Except as provided under subsection (a), a health care facility that possesses fetal remains shall have the following duties: (1) Provide for the final disposition of the fetal remains in accordance with the burial and transit permit requirements under 28 Pa. Code Ch. 1 (relating to (administration of vital records). (2) Cremate or inter the fetal remains.

Hmmm ... that sounds like the law says exactly what I said it did, eh?

Not surprisingly, this little gem is also in the text of the law:

Unborn child. An individual organism of the species homo sapiens from fertilization until expulsion or extraction from its mother.

edit on 4-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Unless there is no extra cost incurred on the healthcare provider... come on republicans, all chime in.. the cost passed on to the consumer.
And, as I already said, I've grown lazy in my old age.
Or maybe I've found it useless to spend hours researching crap, posting links to the crap, just to prove other crap was wrong.
Ya know, crap like states have passed laws that allow unrestricted 9th month abortion and infantcide..

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

He cherry-picked the text of the law Dawn; it says exactly what we claimed it did.

Not only that, it legally defines “unborn child” from CONCEPTION to EXTRACTION/EXPULSION.

Text of PA No. 1890
edit on 4-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

So yes, a medical facility does not get to dump the "garbage" in the garbage. They cremate the remains. What, you would prefer people see fetal limbs sticking out of the landfills?

Where is the charge to the parents? There is none. Where is the restriction on the parents? There is none.

Even blood-soaked rags from a surgery are required to be disposed of in a sanitary fashion... I believe they are typically burned. Just more trying to call unborn children "garbage"... as expected. Less than a blood-soaked rag.

As for the definition, would you have preferred they use something like:

Garbage. A collection of useless tissue of the species homo sapiens from fertilization until expulsion or extraction from the wonan.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Again with the garbage. No one is talking about garbage except you.

The law requires the “fetal remains” to be treated as a human body, it is not merely providing for sanitary disposal of biological material.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Nah, admit it... someone called unborn children "garbage" and you liked it so much you ran with it.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm on my cell, I tried to read it but have to admit, I may have missed parts. Is there anything in that bill that specifically says that a women who miscarried at home in the very early months of pregnancy wouldn't be considered a person in charge of fetal remains?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Nah, admit it... someone called unborn children "garbage" and you liked it so much you ran with it.

TheRedneck

F
And yet, you’re the only one talking about garbage....

Still.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I'm on my cell, I tried to read it but have to admit, I may have missed parts. Is there anything in that bill that specifically says that a women who miscarried at home in the very early months of pregnancy wouldn't be considered a person in charge of fetal remains?

No. What it would do is classify a pregnancy from conception as an “unborn person” and it would classify all such miscarriages as fetal remains which would certainly set the precedent to extend this requirement to all individuals not just healthcare providers.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Again with the garbage. No one is talking about garbage except you.

I define a mess on a napkin as garbage. I use napkins when I eat. I get a mess on them wiping my mouth. I throw them away. Do you frame them and place them in a place of honor or something?

A mess on a napkin is garbage by definition.

The law requires the “fetal remains” to be treated as a human body, it is not merely providing for sanitary disposal of biological material.

Because it is a human body.

But I never knew adults were typically cremated together in one big kiln... you do know what "simultaneous cremation" is, right? All of the remains from miscarriages and abortions are placed in a wooden container and burned together. The ashes are then disposed of... probably in the garbage if that lakes you feel better.

I have debated you before. Acting dumb does not become you.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

She called it a mess on a napkin... I dont know, maybe you have to be a women to understand what kind of mess she is talking about..
Give ya another hint... it's the kind of mess that you wrap up in a half a roll of toilet paper and bury deep into the trash can every month is you are most women of child bearing age.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What it would do is classify a pregnancy from conception as an “unborn person” and it would classify all such miscarriages as fetal remains which would certainly set the precedent to extend this requirement to all individuals not just healthcare providers.

Bull potatoes!

It establishes no such precedent. It simply requires medical facilities to properly dispose of remains. there is no, zero, requirement on any parent/patient to do anything.

Now you're trying to add in things that aren't even there.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

it's the kind of mess that you wrap up in a half a roll of toilet paper and bury deep into the trash can every month is you are most women of child bearing age.

We use our trash can for garbage... what do you use it for?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join