It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Scepticaldem

You have jumped from miscarriage to people illegally entering a closed border and putting their families at risk?

I'm mocking the priority of people's moral outrage.

"Think of the poor women, and their families, who have suffered a miscarriage! How dare you compare their unrealized hope with "just a mess in a napkin!"

In the meantime, as a deterrent, families are being separated, and in hundreds, perhaps thousands of cases, the parents deported and their stolen children are put up for adoption. And, all I hear are various versions of how they deserved it from the same outraged pro-lifers.

Can't see the irony? Oh well!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

In the meantime...

In the meantime, Sookiechacha will try to deflect from the death of millions of children and the heartless way some so-called leaders discount that killing with a wave of the hand by complaining that certain criminals don't get special rights.

Which political figure has called for these poor children to be killed and then tossed in the trash?

I don't even understand why we're even talking about something so ridiculous as trying to legislate the forcing of people to "honor" the remains of an aborted or miscarried fetus against their wishes.

We're not. We're talking about the attitude certain so-called humans have toward others. Not me = garbage.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

In the meantime, Sookiechacha will try to deflect from the death of millions of children and the heartless way some so-called leaders discount that killing with a wave of the hand by complaining that certain criminals don't get special rights.

What children? We're talking about the remains of miscarriages and abortions.

I am, however talking about the abduction of 1000's of living breathing children right now, by our US government, and comparing that heinous and inhumane government policy, that all you outraged pro-fetal remains folks are either silent on, or have some form of "they deserved it" deflection, to your misplaced outrage about the perceived disrespect of fetal remains.

But, you all go ahead and scream and yell and project all your pro-life outrage on the women who just flushed that "mess in a napkin" down the toilet.
edit on 2-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The percentage of abortions after 21 weeks is 1.3%.

As far as I have been able to discover, there is one clinic in this country that performs third-trimester (after week 27) abortions.

The majority of these very late term procedures are due to extreme birth defects it would seem.

Just the facts.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Just some corrections.

The actual percentage is unknown. Only 1.3% of abortions that report gestational age are late term. 45% do not report gestational age.

So the actual number could be as low as .5% or as high as 46%. There is no law requiring reporting to the CDC.

The majority of late term abortions are elective with no risk to the mother or fetus.

However, while the occasional politician or news reporter will still indicate that late-term abortions are most often performed in the case of “severe fetal anomalies” or to “save the woman’s life,” the trajectory of the peer-reviewed research literature has been obvious for decades: most late-term abortions are elective, done on healthy women with healthy fetuses, and for the same reasons given by women experiencing first trimester abortions.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

These are simply facts.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

What children? We're talking about the remains of miscarriages and abortions.

Those are the remains of human beings.

I am, however talking about...

...how those poor criminals are being mistreated. Cry me a river. They're not in a dumpster.

I wonder how you would react if we, instead of simply deporting illegally present alien children, shot them and tossed them into a dumpster? Would that be more acceptable to you? Oh, wait, no it wouldn't... sorry, I forgot guns are evil. How about this then: we catch these illegal children, rip them apart into tiny little pieces, and dump the remains on a
napkin and toss it into the garbage? That sounds reasonably like your position to me, based on your posts. After all, someone who is illegally here has just as much right to the American way of life as US citizens, right? So since we're considering US children as a mess on a napkin, any children illegally crossing the border have to be treated the same way. Anything else would be... what's that word again? Racist!

Wow... I actually reasoned through your posts to figure out what you wanted. I personally don't agree with ripping anyone to pieces and tossing them in the garbage, btw. We'll have to agree to disagree.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I welcome factual corrections; your first is simply an argument from ignorance.

"Could be" and "might be" is mere supposition not fact. Suits your argument, but is not factual and borders on the fallacious.

Your information article is from the journal Health Services Research and Managerial Epidemiology and is NOT a clinical study. It also has one author, James Studnicki who works for the the Charlotte Lozier Institute.

What is the Lozier Institute one might ask ...

The Charlotte Lozier Institute, named for Lozier, is a fetal rights think tank founded in 2011. It is a research and education arm of the Susan B. Anthony List. The Charlotte Lozier Institute is devoted to protect human life and create practices that aim to protect women's health and human life.

Source

How about the Susan B. Anthony List ... what is that?

The Susan B. Anthony List (SBA List) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit[4] organization that seeks to reduce and ultimately end abortion in the U.S.[5] by supporting anti-abortion politicians, primarily women,[6] through its SBA List Candidate Fund political action committee.[7][8] As at 2018, the organization reported it had 700,000 members.[3]

Source

Your source, in short, is not a medical or clinical study, and it was sponsored by anti-abortion activist organizations.

edit on 2-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Don't get pregnant -----> No miscarriage. Easy.

Getting emotionally invested in a fetus is (frankly) a bit silly but I suppose understandable for the woman carrying it. I suppose you could get attached to a tumor that was going to eat you alive if you thought it was cute.

Even if you're talking about an actual infant, you're steal dealing with a creature than isn't even on the mental level of a 2 year old dog. A fetus might be easy to get attached to but it barely qualifies as a life form.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

These are simply facts.

No they're not.

...most late-term abortions are elective, done on healthy women with healthy fetuses, and for the same reasons given by women experiencing first trimester abortions.

That is a flat out lie.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

...how those poor criminals are being mistreated. Cry me a river. They're not in a dumpster.

Like I said, you pro-lifers are either silent, or have some variation of "they deserved it".

While children are being stolen from undocumented human beings and adopted out to "good Christians", good Christians are up in arms because some women coldly flushed a mess in a napkin down the toilet.

I wonder how you would react if we, instead of simply deporting illegally present alien children, shot them and tossed them into a dumpster? Would that be more acceptable to you? Oh, wait, no it wouldn't... sorry, I forgot guns are evil.

They aren't deporting the "illegally present children", they're deporting their parents and adopting the children out.

Donald Trump’s family separation policy ripped about 3,000 immigrant children from their parents before an outraged public ended the tactic this past June. Countless parents were put into separate camps from their children. Plenty more were sent back to their home country, without their kids. And many of those kids have been adopted out to other families without their biological parents knowing.

gritpost.com...

Now, you're comparing the treatment of miscarriage or abortion remains to shooting undocumented immigrants' children and throwing their bodies in a dumpster. You've reached a new low.

As for guns being evil, you're describing an evil act. But, there you go again projecting your imaginary picture of your "enemies" all over me.

edit on 3-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Like I said, you pro-lifers are either silent, or have some variation of "they deserved it".

And you have zero compassion for anyone else.

Every day across this and every other developed country, children are 'ripped from their parents arms' because their parents committed crimes. But you don't care about that; you only care about one particular group. Everyone else is garbage in your eyes, and every post you make just reinforces that.

Don't do the crime and you don't have to do the time.

Incidentally, that policy you posted was started under Barack Obama. Let's give credit where credit us due, not blame based on skin color.

Now, you're comparing the treatment of miscarriage or abortion remains to shooting undocumented immigrants' children and throwing their bodies in a dumpster. You've reached a new low.

Whoa. Stop your fancy-assed self right damn there. I am doing no such thing, racist; you are. I am simply pointing out your apparent position. You seem to think that illegal immigrants are due all the rights and privileges assigned to American citizens, and you seem to think that any unwanted child is not only garbage, but can be ripped apart for any reason... put those two together and there's your position.

Your position. Not mine. Yours. Get that crap straight right now.

My position on immigration is that we need to do whatever we can reasonably do to allow actual asylum needs in, provide a safe and orderly path for immigration, and do whatever is reasonable to help other countries develop in line with their own culture.

My position on the topic of this thread (hint, hint) is that all human life is sacred and should never be referred to by anyone as less than such. The decision on how to honor the sacredness of a life ended before birth is the sole domain of those who suffered the loss... not a politician, not me, and certainly not you.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

My position on the topic of this thread (hint, hint) is that all human life is sacred and should never be referred to by anyone as less than such.

This thread is about pro-life outrage because they feel that some people don't properly respect fetal remains after an abortion or a miscarriage.

If one of your family member suffers a miscarriage or has an abortion, you're welcome to mourn that death anyway you want. Just don't force others to behave the way you think they should.

Whoa. Stop your fancy-assed self right damn there. I am doing no such thing, racist; you are. I am simply pointing out your apparent position.

Racist? LOL
Your mental projections of my apparent position are way off.

You seem to think that illegal immigrants are due all the rights and privileges assigned to American citizens, and you seem to think that any unwanted child is not only garbage, but can be ripped apart for any reason... put those two together and there's your position.

There is a big difference between living breathing children and the way we treat fetal remains. Fetal remains are not unwanted children.

Incidentally, that policy you posted was started under Barack Obama.

That's absolutely false. The Obama administration didn't have a no tolerance policy, they had a catch and release policy. The Obama administration didn't steal children from undocumented immigrants because they were undocumented, and they didn't deport parents and put their kids up for adoption here, without informing the deported parents.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

This thread is about pro-life outrage because they feel that some people don't properly respect fetal remains after an abortion or a miscarriage.

As demonstrated by a Pennsylvania Congresswoman who apparently has zero respect for anyone that doesn't share her warped mentality... as do you according to your posts.

If one of your family member suffers a miscarriage or has an abortion, you're welcome to mourn that death anyway you want. Just don't force others to behave the way you think they should.

I'm not here trying to force anyone to do anything. I'm pointing out how you, this poor excuse for a leader, and others have zero compassion for those who wanted their child. Calling fetal remains "a mess on a napkin" is simply unacceptable. I strongly suggest you never venture out of your own personal echo chamber with that attitude... the results could be somewhat less than pleasurable. Some of us do not take kindly to being told our lost loved one is garbage.

No, stay right where you are and make damn sure you never deal with anyone who doesn't agree with you in real life.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Calling fetal remains "a mess on a napkin" is simply unacceptable.

Sometimes, that just what it is.

About 8 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. The total number of actual miscarriages is probably higher because many women miscarry before they even know that they're pregnant.

www.mayoclinic.org...

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It boils down to an uncaring attitude to a stranger's pain.

If you have known a woman who has had a miscarriage, it gives some of them nightmares for the rest of their life. They'll never enjoy family life, or other people's parenting successes, because of the trauma they have experienced.

The great fallacy of classical liberalism is to try to construct some kind of utilitarian misery scale, and then arrange other peoples' moral injuries on a spectrum of agony.

As if one can put a number (and thus a limit) on someone else's suffering. Most what-about-ism amounts to exactly this. You pick winners and losers, and tell victims of suffering that they have no right to weep.

There is no quantum of suffering. Injustice isn't scalar. You cannot minimize it's meaning by just talking it down to people who agree with you--you only minimize your own humanity. You are cauterizing your empathy.

Shrinking your soul.
edit on 3-11-2019 by Graysen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

And sometimes, it is much, much more.

If you cared about anyone except yourself, you might just realize that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Shrinking your soul.

Some days, I wonder if some people have a soul left to shrink.

Great post.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

What/who is stopping those people from honoring their fetal remains how they see fit?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: TheRedneck

TheRedneck

What/who is stopping those people from honoring their fetal remains how they see fit?

Hospital policy, in a lot of public hospitals that coincidentally endorse elective abortions.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Are you sure that hospitals won't allow parents to have fetal remains sent to a mortuary? I heard of it being done before. Perhaps some hospitals forbid it, but I doubt it. I can't see a hospital denying a funeral to the family of a 8 month fetus that was sadly lost.

Are you in favor of a law that requires ALL fetal remains to be either buried or cremated at the expense of the parents, because of the few who can't?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join