It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a mess on a napkin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Apparently dems like to elect people who refer to miscarriages as “just a mess on a napkin”:

www.foxnews.com...

If you have had a spouse or child experience miscarriage then you know that experience is no joke. If you’ve had a miscarriage, you really know it’s no joke. Not only do you have to cope with the loss of life, but then people start asking themselves if it was their fault (usually it isn’t) and deal with the constant reminders from people who knew a person is pregnant and having to repeat over and over how the baby didn’t make it. For many women this is an extremely depressing, painful and sad experience.

I hope this sorry excuse for a human we call a Democrat rep has karma boomerang around on them in a major way.

Demos are sick in the mind and have no respect for life. Probably why they rely on those of us who aren’t sick and have respect to pay our taxes so they can get a free ride. Disgusting.

/rant.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Are you okay?
I'm sorry if you're upset. And you're right! I fail to see how
a normal human being could support these soulless people.
Somethings wrong with them and their supporters.

edit on 2-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Although I won't pretend to understand how someone could have an abortion, I do understand how someone that would have an abortion could view a miscarriage this way.

They don't see a fetus as a human or they couldn't justify the procedure so the remains are just biological material.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They don't see a fetus as a human or they couldn't justify the procedure so the remains are just biological material.

A large percentage of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Most of them are experienced like a heavy period. People who think that people should not flush the toilet, and fish out the remains to hold some kind of funerary ritual to show (who?) respect, is a bridge too far for most people.

For those who mourn the lost of their unborn angels, let them and their doctor decide how to honor and respect the remains. No way this kind of thing should be legislated or even up for political debate.

edit on 2-11-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Suppose Ullman was an unplanned mistake ?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Are you okay?
I'm sorry if you're upset. And you're right! I fail to see how
a normal human being could support these soulless people.
Somethings wrong with them and their supporters.

I’m OK but that’s a high qualitative analysis.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Although I won't pretend to understand how someone could have an abortion, I do understand how someone that would have an abortion could view a miscarriage this way.

I agree with this.

While I don’t like it, I can’t say women shouldn’t have the right to choose. They should.

However, there’s a cavernous gap IMO between someone who gets an abortion proactively vs. loses a child to miscarriage - one wanted the procedure, one didn’t. For the abortion seeker - it’s relief - though I would think that even those who plan for an abortion struggle with loss. For those who miscarried a planned/wanted child - the toll is significant.

Hard subject all around but the throw away rhetoric from this lawmaker irritates me - discard life on the one hand and then argue you’re a champion for the “oppressed” with the other - sickening to me.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That is one of the most cruel things I have ever seen.

My son and daughter in law really wanted kids, she had a miscarriage just after 911, It ripped everyone’s hearts out.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Just another woke idiot.

Hopefully she loses her seat.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's very sad to me how some people look at an unborn human in this manner. It used to just be indifference and disregard. Now it's as if they actually look upon the unborn with malice. It's like the fetus is annoying to them. It's like "Just terminate that thing and get it over with".

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

A large percentage of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Most of them are experienced like a heavy period. People who think that people should not flush the toilet, and fish out the remains to hold some kind of funerary ritual to show (who?) respect, is a bridge too far for most people.

And that is sufficient cause to disrespect and antagonize, torment even, those who have experienced that "mess on a napkin"?

It is a soulless, hateful, self-centered, poor excuse for a human being that would so callously make public remarks, as a political leader, that only serve to bring back the most terrible memories to those who should look up to them, while highlighting the fact that they have absolutely no feelings whatsoever for the pain others experience. I cannot see a reason to legislate that every miscarriage end with a funeral either, but that does not give absolution to someone in her position to so callously flaunt the feelings of others.

If you want to know the real reason this is even an issue, look in the mirror. Look at that face that stares back. That is a mess on a napkin, save the grace of God for letting them live. Is a little respect from our supposed leaders asking for too much? Is the humanity to even consider that others might feel pain at her words a bridge too far? If that face in the mirror can answer yes, then the face you see is why those who are hurting are desperately trying to resist the callousness you see before you.

One day you will face the death of someone you love. It happens to us all. When that day comes, will you consider their remains a piece of garbage? Will you toss that garbage in a dumpster and drive off because it was just something that had become useless to you? That is exactly what you seem to be proposing others do. I daresay you won't.

Life is life. Human life is human life.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It is a soulless, hateful, self-centered, poor excuse for a human being that would so callously make public remarks, as a political leader, that only serve to bring back the most terrible memories to those who should look up to them, while highlighting the fact that they have absolutely no feelings whatsoever for the pain others experience. I cannot see a reason to legislate that every miscarriage end with a funeral either, but that does not give absolution to someone in her position to so callously flaunt the feelings of others.

In the meantime, hundreds, perhaps thousands of children have been ripped from their parents, who having been deported will probably never see their children again. But, the justification from the Pro-Life side of the aisle is silent on the torture those families have and are experiencing.

I think your outrage is misprioritized.

I don't even understand why we're even talking about something so ridiculous as trying to legislate the forcing of people to "honor" the remains of an aborted or miscarried fetus against their wishes.

Nobody is stopping people from making special arrangements for those remains, for those who want to. But, no way should this be a political discussion.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Miscarriage by flu vaccination? www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Just a mess on a napkin. Although there are parameters that this information is applicable to, it should be researched to find out if it is causing people to abort their babies. Most vaccines have the H1N1 in them.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So if I came to another country illegally - and did so knowingly - And the other government separated me/my family/etc. I should expect people to be outraged by that?

How about getting pissed off at the parents that used their children as pawns and knowingly put them in harms way. Where’s the outrage at that?

This is a classic liberal non-sequiter argument - way to attempt to change the subject.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If Republicans and men in general cared more about women's reproductive Rights, then it wouldn't have to be ON a napkin !

/Sarcasm

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

So, is it that a miscarriage is often a "mess in a napkin"? Or are you disturbed by the consideration that it's "just" a mess in a napkin.

So, It's okay to torture families and to abduct their children, because they failed to follow the rules. But, referring to a miscarriage as a "mess in a napkin" is tantamount to sociopathy.

Got it!
Yeah, I think your priorities are out of whack.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: TheRedneck

In the meantime, hundreds, perhaps thousands of children have been ripped from their parents, who having been deported will probably never see their children again. But, the justification from the Pro-Life side of the aisle is silent on the torture those families have and are experiencing.

I think your outrage is misprioritized.

Well, if Planned Parenthood wasn't dropping the ball about doing their noble work in these South American countries, these kids wouldn't even exist, thereby saving you from all these feelings. Talk about misprioritized!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

So, is it that a miscarriage is often a "mess in a napkin"? Or are you disturbed by the consideration that it's "just" a mess in a napkin.

So, It's okay to torture families and to abduct their children, because they failed to follow the rules. But, referring to a miscarriage as a "mess in a napkin" is tantamount to sociopathy.

Got it!
Yeah, I think your priorities are out of whack.

Wow!

You have jumped from miscarriage to people illegally entering a closed border and putting their families at risk?

Keep it up, you are really helping the 2020 Trump reelection effort!

Lolz🤪

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

You have jumped from miscarriage to people illegally entering a closed border and putting their families at risk?

I'm mocking the priority of people's moral outrage.

"Think of the poor women, and their families, who have suffered a miscarriage! How dare you compare their unrealized hope with "just a mess in a napkin!"

In the meantime, as a deterrent, families are being separated, and on hundreds, perhaps thousands of cases, the parents deported and their stolen children are put for adoption. And, all I hear are various versions of how they deserved it from the same outraged pro-lifers.

Can't see the irony? Oh well!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join