It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren’s $52 trillion healthcare plan would obliterate the economy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: xuenchen

It's not about healthcare, it's not about the environment, it's not about the poor or the people or the middle class.

It has been and always will be about controlling and power.

Warren wants to be a dictator, a communist dictator.

Every politician is an authoritarian. Every stinkin' one.

Some are worse than others, stipulated.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's not about healthcare, it's not about the environment, it's not about the poor or the people or the middle class.

Yeah.

I mean, when was the last time congress voted for a pay cut to themselves.

Or voted for laws that would decrease their control.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If you want ponies, vote for Vermin Supreme. At least he advocates for people to brush their teeth which is more personal responsibility than any other Democrat asks of their supporters.

Man, that personal responsibility almost makes him a Republican...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Im holding out my vote until she says everyone gets a pony.

link   
Im holding out my vote until she says everyone gets a pony.

link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

If you want ponies, vote for Vermin Supreme. At least he advocates for people to brush their teeth which is more personal responsibility than any other Democrat asks of their supporters.

Man, that personal responsibility almost makes him a Republican...

Free ponies, technically.

Appeal to emotion? Tsk tsk.

Vermin supreme? Bernie? I'm not familiar with that reference.

I find no support that the average Republican is any more an advocate for personal responsibility than the average Democrat.

Both are generally authoritarian, and I won't be voting for either evil any longer.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yeah.

I mean, when was the last time congress voted for a pay cut to themselves.

Or voted for laws that would decrease their control.

Not never.

(Double negative intended, for emphasis.)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Might not have that option. The purpose of militias is to support the Constitution, right? What if they just up and decided to not only end this Impeachment farce but the inevitable retribution farce on the next Democrat president?

Call it Operation: Clean Slate.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Might not have that option. The purpose of militias is to support the Constitution, right? What if they just up and decided to not only end this Impeachment farce but the inevitable retribution farce on the next Democrat president?

Call it Operation: Clean Slate.

Okay, you lost me completely. Maybe I need more coffee.

Purpose of militias was originally more aimed at local defense of property I'd say.

Since impeachment is not a farce, anyone who "rises up" using violence is clearly breaking the law I guess.

Do you have another opinion?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The campaign’s detailed Medicare-for-all proposal, however, insists that the costs can be covered by a combination of existing federal and state spending on Medicare and Medicaid, as well as roughly $20 trillion in taxes on employers, financial transactions, the ultra-wealthy, large corporations and more.

In cased you missed it.

Her plan hits your employer,your 401k,pension,regular bank accounts, and more.

Medicare already can't be paid for with triple taxation, and printing treasuries, and borrowing from other countries.

Warren is one of the biggest idiots I've ever seen, and if she's trying to out stupid Comrade Sanders?

She's doing a good job at it.

And you still won't have dental or vision.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

Where does money come from in the United States?

Do I really need to go back to the basics of econ 101 for you?

In the beginning, people bartered. If I had a chicken and needed spear points, and you had spear points and needed a chicken, we worked out a trade. How many of your spear points were worth my chicken?

The problem with this came in when I had skills you didn't need, but were worth something and you had the item I needed. Say, I had some hides and you had spear points, but you didn't need hides. The hides were valuable, yes, but only if you needed them.

Money is the substance that was created to represent common value of goods. My hides are worth so many shells, your spears are worth so many shells, etc.

Shells but themselves are worth nothing. They only represent the value of the goods and services individuals in an economy produce and provide. And if the next tribe over decides that porcupine quills are their medium of exchange ... then our shells are worthless even though our skills and goods still are valuable.

So the government backs dollars as our medium of exchange, but without skills and goods backing them, they're just pieces of paper. Government itself produces no real goods or services of value which is why it lays taxes on the goods and services of the rest of us to keep itself going. Seriously, I shouldn't have to explain this to you, you're a smart bird.

If government wants to provide an entire service or good for "free", it has to tax the full value of that from the rest of the economy, and in this case, the bill is $52 trillion. You cannot remove that from the productive economy without creating a problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

What happens to an economy when you remove $52 trillion from it?

They're just redistributing it.

The biggest winner will be nurses unions. Doctors not so much, and our increased dependence on Chinese antibiotics would increase 5000% or more. Plus other pharmaceuticals.

I don't think there's ever been a plan from Warrens party that didn't eff us over.

edit on 2-11-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The federal reserve pulls it out of their arse.

Then people like Warren,Sanders, and the usual commies want to take that nothing from YOU in epic fashion by lying how great your going to have it.

Because for some odd reason. All that nothing never makes it to you.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

No, but you can spare me the silly suggestion that you're an authority on economics.

The short answer from all your pedantic off-topic blathering is that government creates money, and money is the measure of wealth that you're crying about.

If the government paid "52 trillion" for healthcare your claim that it would have to be "taken from somewhere else" is both specious and puerile.

TL;DR: All money is created by government period. Wealth is measured by money. The proposition is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The federal reserve pulls it out of their arse.

Then people like Warren,Sanders, and the usual commies want to take that nothing from YOU in epic fashion by lying how great your going to have it.

Because for some odd reason. All that nothing never makes it to you.

LOL ... bingo on a right answer Neo! Awesome.

SO Trump and the Republicans are advocating for the abolition of income tax? Let me sign up now!
edit on 2-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Why not?

There was a time in 'Murica eff yeah that it didn't exist.

NOW the only thing that money is used for is stupid snip like Warrens plans.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Careful readers have probably noticed, but I want to be clear: I am NOT advocating for Warren's plan.

Or Bernies or AOC's or any other authoritarian nutjob.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Why not?

There was a time in 'Murica eff yeah that it didn't exist.

NOW the only thing that money is used for is stupid snip like Warrens plans.

I don't disagree in essence.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Guess I better start subscribing to the local newspaper again and start saving them to wipe my backside with when the three day long lines for toilet paper start up- just in case. Better start fattening up the doggo too while I'm at it.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Obliterate the economy???

Are you joking? If the government injects 52 trillion into the economy, we will ALL be riding ponies.

Ahem.

A bit more seriously, your source article is not fact-based.

I disagree with Warren as well, but we can prove her wrong without lying about it, IMO.

What fact was mis represented?

The cost?

Get off your high pony and bring your source please?

You say you dont like Warren's plan but you will still vote for her because never Trump right?

Lolz🤪

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join