It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Misterspock Scotch review.... Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18 year old single malt

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: KansasGirl

a reply to: MisterSpock

Disappointed. I clicked on your thread not for the booze review (you know, my little "problem" in the past), but for your witty and sometimes slightly dirty commentary.

Instead I got a nicely written but actual scotch review. Bummed. Glad you enjoyed the scotch though.

I was shooting for PG-13 on this one.

Sorry, but have no fear, I'm still the dirty degenerate you've probably come to know and hate. I'm just taking it slow tonight.

Good. Pick it up a little if you don't mind; I have to go to bed soon.

Well, now that you put me on the spot, I'm going to be all shy about it.

You've ruined any chance we had going here, might as well grab some fresh AA batteries from the drawer and head to bed early without me.

Damn. Oh well...lesson learned.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Disappointed. I clicked on your thread not for the booze review (you know, my little "problem" in the past), but for your witty and sometimes slightly dirty commentary.

Instead I got a nicely written but actual scotch review. Bummed. Glad you enjoyed the scotch though.

I was shooting for PG-13 on this one.

Sorry, but have no fear, I'm still the dirty degenerate you've probably come to know and hate. I'm just taking it slow tonight.

Good. Pick it up a little if you don't mind; I have to go to bed soon.

Well, now that you put me on the spot, I'm going to be all shy about it.

You've ruined any chance we had going here, might as well grab some fresh AA batteries from the drawer and head to bed early without me.

Damn. Oh well...lesson learned.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Rikku
why do people pretend to like whiskey?

I've asked the same question when I seen women pretending to like wine...

I've watched men pretend they don't like wine.

Men only like wine when a woman does, because they know the eventual outcome.

Personally, while I don't drink it often, I keep a well stocked wine rack for any woman foolish enough to enter my lair.......

Kinda ironic.

I have a well stocked wine rack of my own vintages that I use to my advantage for the occasional male that wanders into our lair as well...

You must have some strange men wherever you are. I don't know any around here that would need to be fed any alcohol to get themselves into such a situation.

It's an awkward situation for a new guy on the premises with two females.

Let me see if I remember how it goes...

"Hey darlin! I made this wine, want to taste it? What do you think? You look a little skittish!"

It's 22% alcohol.

We call it underwear remover.

edit on 2-11-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Who the hell still wears underwear??

Back on point, this is a serious thread, I'm a serious person.

Why the hell doesn't anyone take me seriously around here......

I spent all day slaving over a hot stove to cook up this thread and all anyone wants to do is objectify me....

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock 25 yrs old chivas regal pure nectar

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari
you mean a drop of drop yer draws

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Steveogold
a reply to: MisterSpock 25 yrs old chivas regal pure nectar

Never had the 25, but

I spent about a year of my life drinking a few cases of 12 year old chivas, eating pizza and watching new dr who(the david years, before it went to #).

I'll always have a warm place in my heart for chivas, if I ever see a bottle of 25 in the wild I'll probably grab it.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

ooh rubish

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
why do people pretend to like whiskey?

Now I should say first that I’m an American. I have tried import scotch’s. I used to like Jonny walker red! I like the harshness just a bit. Smooth whiskey with no bite bores me.

However if we are talking whisky my favorite is good old American jack Daniels put in the freezer and a Coca-Cola bottle chilled to just before it turns to ice.

Mix 10 percent jack 90 percent cola. No drink comes close to it when mixed and chilled correctly. Ps easy on the purist bs I don’t enjoy whiskey flavor and I’m not in training to become some alcoholic Kung fu master who has mastered his taste buds.

The OP should do what my grandfather used to do. Buy the expensive stuff once than drink it and fill the bottle when your done with middle range Costco stuff. My grandfather had all the really expensive brands on display in his bar but all of it was just some cheaper brand in the expensive bottles.

Ps he was very wealthy and could have bought the most expensive bar to show off however he knew enough that most of the expensive alcohol is hype

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Glenmorangie, I have tried all ages now, was my first tasty scotch and after trying some more, I still like their distillates the most

I am not a whiskey/scotch expert but I really like the lingering vanilla notes. Enjoy your precious bottle, the 18 year old is the best one for me, but the most expensive one, too.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

If you like a great smoky/peaty scotch...this is my favorite:

Surprisingly, the Japanese make a few great scotch's too...This one is a very smooth sipping scotch:

-------------------------------------
edit on 2-11-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=24735326]MisterSpock[/post

I live not that far away from where that is made and have worked at the site decades ago , you might enjoy another whisky from just along the road from Glenmorangie called www.bing.com...

Another nice whisky just a bit away is www.malts.com... am lucky to live near all these

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Which Glenmorangie?

There's about (11) different expressions that I'm aware of:

- 18 Year Single Malt
- Lasanta Sherry Cask Single Malt
- Milsean Private Edition
- Nectar d'Or Sauternes Cask
- Signet Highland
- Single Malt 10 year Highland
- Spios
- Tusail Private Edition
- Bacalta

Personally, tonight I just had a couple fingers of some really nice Rye. Maybe I should do a review thread on Rye. Though, I do love Scotch most of all. Well, and Rye too. Most people have never really had Rye.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

A friend of mine who worked there at the Glenmorange distillery would spirit me out a coffee jar filled with the stuff straight out of the barrel [ untouched ] and it made wild turkey seem tame in comparison.

I absolutely hate watering down a whisky and think it is sacrilege to add water to it , maybe 1 ice cube if you want to be posh ,But that stuff mentioned needed it as 1 inch out of said coffee jar and you would wake up really ill next morning guts and intestines on fire with a blank from the night before , back then i could drink nearly 2 bottles straight without those effects

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

About the watering down, try it, a few drops can make a huge difference.

Always drank neat before, because I was told how sacrilegious it is to add water or ice cubes. Then someone here, I think it was PublicOpinion, told me to try it because it can open up the Whiskey/Scotch.

I tried a few drops in each of those and neat over several times, that took me a time but here are my impressions. I got each one several times but some more and some less over the last few months.

Jameson Black Barrel tripple destilate
less medicine taste, vanilla note and spices came through better

Glenmorangie 10 year:
always way too smooth with water, tastes watery, almond/marzipane almost not there. Vanilla notes that have been there neat would never show up with extra water.

Glenmorangie 12 year:
contrary to the 10year, a bit of water brought out the fruity flavors and a hint of vanilla.

Genmorangie 18 year old was always better neat.

Two out of four times it changed the flavors and brought up different ones or stronger/more noticeable. Give it a try, you may find some whiskeys or in this case scotch that you like better with two to four drops of water.

It may depend on the bottle charge you get, too.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Had these two on Friday night...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

I do occasionally add a ice cube to some malts depending on what mood i am in , But please please don,t tell anyone or i will never live it down

It may depend on the bottle charge you get ??? I used to get my Glenmorangie in Coffee jars or in hot water bottles straight from the source , but those guys are gone now , dead and retired so it breaks my heart to buy a bottle these days and i now only partake in maybe a couple of bottles a year due to my heart medication , and the fact i am a nut case when drunk

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The reality is that it's all whisky and the only whisky in the world worth drinking comes from 2 places.

America and Scotland(named scotch)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam
Haha, hot water bottles? I guess they were sanitized when you were finished with them

It may depend on the charge, it was more like a thought thrown into the room. I am not sure. Maybe it depends on what I have eaten the day or humidity, I really do not know.

There has to be a difference somewhere because even if I drink the 18 year old neat I do not get the vanilla note every time. Sometimes the marzipan covers the slight vanilla.

That is why I think it can depend on the bottle and how long it has been in the store. I bought fresh bottles that were full to the neck. I had a dusty unopened one from the shelf that had lost some liquid already.

I am not that experienced with whiskey and scotch yet but I like the taste play and it goes perfect with a good steak. I prefer it with red meat, instead of selecting a dryer red wine, lately.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

i think we should go round to Augustus house for a bevvy , that guy likes the expensive stuff , 5-600 a bottle wow , i wil get the beers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join