It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our AR-47's are safe...The Irish/Mexican Beto has dropped out of the race

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperDave90
There is actually a AR 47, it’s an AR 15 variant that takes AK 47 7.62x39 mags. Im sure Beto had no clue and just hit the clock one of his 2 times that day.
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Can you please point us to a link for an AR-47 ?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: matafuchs

I am willing to bet he was dead serious.

There's always one in the bunch.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Here is a link to one manufacturer.
www.rockriverarms.com...
A few others out there nice concept never really got a lot of traction, I haven’t tried one personally.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

www.rockriverarms.com...
A few others out there nice concept never really got a lot of traction, I haven’t tried one personally.

So an obscure manufacturer puts an "L" in front of the "AR"?

I guess for marketing purposes?

While I'll accept that "technically", I suppose you are correct, but that has no relevance to the fact that many/most leftist, 2nd amendment haters are not educated in firearms to know what they are talking about.

What the consider "assault weapons", are usually in reality no different than a low end, semi auto hunting rifle.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you, I’m sure he had no clue about that rifle, I just threw it out there , cause we’ll its there.
Have a good one!
a reply to: Mach2

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

www.rockriverarms.com...

That is the nickname for an AR-15 re-chambered .
How do I know ?
AR is the stock trade for Armalite.

edit on 11/4/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2 Yeah the 15 was brought into existence in 1959 as an "upgrade" to it's model 10. While the AR-10 does use .308 rounds it was heavier and less accurate in "Close Proximity", Urban, and Jungle Warfare. It took off when Kennedy, during the height of the Cold War, ordered testing of US made rifles against a more agile, higher capacity, while having complete fire control in full Auto, AK-47 (Avtomat Kolishnikova - began development, proto-typed 1947) to replace the clumsy, heavy M14. The AR-15 (known as M4 in military trim) later became the M16 after subtle changes. NOW the history lesson is over ISSUE @ HAND...... DAMN anti 2nd Laws. First as a Expert Marksman Vet, gun owner (I love my M82, FN Ballista Lapua Magnum, M1Garand and the McMillan Tac-50 I just gave my nephew), & hunter who's a HILLBILLY from the mountains of GD Va and I'm GD proud of it!! As with most of us from this area, I fired my first gun b4 I started Kindergarten. So if you ever wondered why at 1 point 80% of our military snipers come from an area with app 500mi radius, covering SW Va, S WV, E Ky, NW NC, & E Tn, NOW you know!! LoL. That being said we do need some type of law changes (Not a complete repeal of the 2nd Amd). But what we, who STAND UP for not only the 2nd, but the entire Constitution, need to stress to our lawmakers and make them understand is in the history lesson above!!!! 1: Both rifles have been around since before 1960 and for 40 yrs without any mass shooting issues!!!! 2: The Extremely Vast Majority of mass shootings have been perpetrated by 1(yes that's one) generation. We need to look less into the HOW & more into the WHY!!!! My theory may not be politically correct but HERE it is..... The Generations after GenX are different, they grew up in this tech explosion which has given them unrealistic instant gratification expectations & taken away communicate skills to a great extent. The worst part is Social Media's effect, it fostered jealousy and bitterness from an unhealthy competitiveness that led to bullying that is put out for the WORLD TO SEE instead of only noticed on a "local" level. Growing up I TASTED my blood, from toting a backhand from my father usually for disrespecting any adult, often enough to remember the taste. Most of these kids don't respect anybody or anything, damn sure not the sanctity of life, because our Gov't stuck it's nose in our business of raising them. Very few actually throw down anymore, Why? Because they've never taken those backhands and they're are so afraid of taking an ASS-WHOOPIN' they grab a gun!!! Having served in a SMU I saw craaaazzzyyy #, but couldn't imagine Vietnam after hearing of the horrors. These later Gen's all come back with PTSD, which makes me further question their intestinal fortitude versus earlier Generations.
edit on 15-11-2019 by MarkQ because: missed couple words

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Im all for gun ownership. But I believe there should be measures in place. Background check. A license program etc. If you need a license to drive a car you should have a similar process to own a gun.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

There is no constitutional right to drive a car.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

How could there be there were no cars.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: Joecanada11

There is no constitutional right to drive a car.

Surely there's a constitutional right to ride a horse though right, giddy up.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11
a reply to: Grimpachi

How could there be there were no cars.

The funders were far-seeing. They never guaranteed the mode of any travel as a right but they did guarantee the right to free travel.

The second is written the way it is for a reason. Why is it the second amendment instead of the first? Because it is a guarantee for the first in case the government tries to take it away.

There are lot of arguments that the founders couldn't have known weapons would advance to what they are and I call BS on that. While they may not have been able to predict the designs they certainly knew they would continue to be improved. They were sure to be aware of the Puckle gun that was invented and patented in 1718 which was almost 60 years earlier to the revolutionary war. If not that one then one like it. Ever since the 14th century, inventors had been attempting to create small caliber, rapid-fire artillery.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11 100k Background checks are run every day when someone buys a gun. And believe it or not... The last pistol I bought it took almost 48 hrs for my check to come back but only took 4 mins for the FBI to send the one for the guy buying a gun right beside me even though I own "SOME" guns now!!! But because of my Compartmentalized "Above Top Secret" security clearance they have to get permission to even run my background!!! I was hoping like H3ll my clearance had been revoked or atleast downgrade because what I thought was just a 20yr recall possibility is actually an until the day they bury me possibility!!!! The problem is that until people actually do something wrong a background check may not show anything, so what criteria do you use to deny the purchase. I'm 100% sure, when the perpetrators of some of these shootings bought their guns, the check nor customer demeanor threw up any red flags to the seller!! Crime is low here, violent crime is just about unheard of. One reason is how we're raised, but a big reason is due to CCP, the criminals don't have a clue who's PACKING!!!
edit on 15-11-2019 by MarkQ because: Large gap

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join