It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our AR-47's are safe...The Irish/Mexican Beto has dropped out of the race

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Mach2

I was joking.

Thus the

My apologies.

It does irritate me when I see polititions taking a position on this issue of one of my basic Constitutional rights, without knowing enough to have a valid opinion.
edit on 1112019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I understand the "ban assault rifle" thing gets under a lot of people's skin and rightly so.

Yes, a little denial of ignorance would go a long way with a lot of issues.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is as classic as his show...

Link

The Emmy-winning comedian accepted the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor at The Kennedy Center, where he reportedly delivered impromptu remarks defending free speech and comedians he knows who are “very racist.”

“[I] don’t get mad at ‘em, don’t hate on ‘em,” he said, USA Today reported. “Man, it’s not that serious. The First Amendment is first for a reason. Second Amendment is just in case the First one doesn’t work out.”

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I can see Congress making laws against the AR-47. I say let'em.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

A very wise man.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Benjamin Franklin once said: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Yeah, but he also said, “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Which maybe true, in a sense... but it's also certainly not some revolutionary observation of civilization.

It's just some random comment by a drunk, which just happened to resonate to the people..

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: Mach2

Yeah, but he also said, “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Which maybe true, in a sense... but it's also certainly not some revolutionary observation of civilization.

It's just some random comment by a drunk, which just happened to resonate to the people..

He was also known to have grabbed a woman, or two by the........well, you know.

Neither of those things negate the wisdom of his statement about liberty do they?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Most AKs are semi automatic as well ....much like the SKS which fires the same round but is a totally different platform.
Much like the AR 15 and the mini 14 use the same round but are totally different platforms.
edit on 10700000011 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am sad to see Beto go.

That retard was the rights greatest recruiter.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
nm
edit on 11/1/2019 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

She's then going to save the entire world, by confiscating all those fully automatic ak-15's all you American cray gun nuts love so much.

There is NO SUCH THING as an "AK-15," but it does illustrate the point that anti-gunners really have no idea what they are talking about. Between the AK-15s and the AR-47s you are really proving how entirely ignorant you are.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

She's then going to save the entire world, by confiscating all those fully automatic ak-15's all you American cray gun nuts love so much.

There is NO SUCH THING as an "AK-15," but it does illustrate the point that anti-gunners really have no idea what they are talking about. Between the AK-15s and the AR-47s you are really proving how entirely ignorant you are.

He was being sarcastic in the same vein as the op...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nope , Armalite rifle, but I think you already knew that troll...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

He wasn't trolling, I actually appreciated his comment.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Who?

Beto, aint that the word for whitey in Spanish?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
There is actually a AR 47, it’s an AR 15 variant that takes AK 47 7.62x39 mags. Im sure Beto had no clue and just hit the clock one of his 2 times that day.
a reply to: Sublimecraft

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I do my best to ignore all candidates as long as possible, in all forms of media outside of ATS, but it sounds like this is a good one to have purged from the possibilites.

I'm guessing there's some thing about him being of Irish-Mexican ancestry that is a big deal? Was trying to figure out the relevance from the thread title - probably just my being out of the loop.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

I really really hope you're kidding right?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I am willing to bet he was dead serious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join