It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat lawmaker says aborted fetal remains do not deserve a respectful burial

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Dont know. I just remember a dr describing a case where both options weren't safe, also, if the women cant dialate enough for the head to clear... maybe crushing a few bones would be necessary? I'm not a dr, are you?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Do you think it should be LAW that aborted fetal remains should have a "proper burial?"

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Alien Abduct

So, a woman should be charged with murder if she miscarries?

(Ad absurdam arguments cut both ways.)

What about that girl that was charged with murder for killing her baby as soon as it was born. Do you really think there is a difference between the doctor killing the baby while it is inside her and her killing it as soon as it is outside of her?

Actually, I don't. It should be called post birth abortion. As long as 40 week unrestricted abortion is legal, then killing a newborn should also be legal. There really is no difference at all between abortion at 40 weeks when XX and baby are healthy and a mother killing her baby as soon as it is born.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Gryphon66

Past 20 weeks abortion and inducing birth are very similar procedures/risks.
I think you might be surprised just how many people think late term abortions are fine. There was a push earlier this year to make elective abortion legal until birth.

As shocking as it may be, 20-25% of the country believes elective abortion is acceptable right until birth. Their push to make elective abortions legal until birth caused a temporary shift making the country more pro-life than pro-choice earlier this year.

Again, I very much doubt that a majority of Americans think that late-term abortion is "fine." The phrasing in most polls that I've seen is along the lines of "legal under any circumstances." ETA: I might interpret that to mean that 25% of people believe that the procedure should be AVAILABLE up to 40 weeks, but certainly not preferable. Perhaps my belief is colored by my own horror at the thought of a late term abortion for any reason (even if I could understand that such was necessary). Whichever it is (and really not important to the discussion overall) it is certain that there are literally a handful of clinics nationwide that would do a third trimester abortion. I've only found one.

I think it would be fair to point out that any change in the pro-choice/pro-life percentages more than likely have to do with President Trump's horrifying appeal to emotion in his State of the Union.

In all significant ways, he lied in what he said.

Or could it be because Obama lobbied for just such a law when before he was President. Or could it be because several states have codified unrestricted elective abortion as legal in the past 2 years. Or could it be because a Democratic Governor called for post birth abortion to be legal by suggesting a Dr. can set a newborn aside and let it die if XX wants it dead.

edit on 11/2/19 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity, where is there unrestricted 40 week abortions legal??

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

a reply to: Alien Abduct

So, a woman should be charged with murder if she miscarries?

(Ad absurdam arguments cut both ways.)

What about that girl that was charged with murder for killing her baby as soon as it was born. Do you really think there is a difference between the doctor killing the baby while it is inside her and her killing it as soon as it is outside of her?

Actually, I don't. It should be called post birth abortion. As long as 40 week unrestricted abortion is legal, then killing a newborn should also be legal. There really is no difference at all between abortion at 40 weeks when XX and baby are healthy and a mother killing her baby as soon as it is born.

I agree.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I can't stand the idiotic human tradition of burial rituals. They are extremely wasteful and childish. LOL @ burying fetuses. Conservatives are some of the dumbest people on earth today, and honestly it's a privilege and an honor to see the republican party collapse along with Christianity during the same time. These religious idiots literally think we have to follow their beliefs in the real world. Great time to be alive. ALT right and mainstream right is in a frenzy and falling apart so all they have is reactionary bull#.

At funeral services, you generally talk about the person and remember their life. With a fetus, the life never even began, there is literally nothing to remember. It's one of the dumbest things I've ever head and to get angry about it? Grow up. We all decompose the same way, burials are dumb in the first place but even dumber for fetuses.
edit on 11 3 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How many liberals would take their dog or cat who had to be put to sleep and let the veterinarian chop it up and sell it to chinese food restaurants, and be okay with that.

Not only that but everytime the animal got sick the vet would encourage you to put it down, especially if you were black.

Because thats what planned parenthood does to babies and pregnant women, helps them get rid of a baby by chopping it up and selling it.
edit on 3-11-2019 by snarfbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

How many pro lifers are willing to donate some of their free time to go around collect all the used tampons and the napkins for a month to be examined to ensure every fertilized egg is laid to rest in a respectful manner?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join