It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat lawmaker says aborted fetal remains do not deserve a respectful burial

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Be interesting to kow the percentage of pro lifers that adopt or foster.

a reply to: Bluntone22

I would think it is pretty high. I am going through the process as are many of my friends. I love being around kids and I have the resources to provide them with a great start in life.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

1. The lawmaker in the video is not advocating for late term abortion.

2. The Democratic Platform 2016:

Democrats are committed to protecting and advancing reproductive health, rights, and justice. We believe unequivocally, like the majority of Americans, that every woman should have access to quality reproductive health care services, including safe and legal abortion—regardless of where she lives, how much money she makes, or how she is insured. We believe that reproductive health is core to women’s, men’s, and young people’s health and wellbeing.

pg. 33

[b]And we strongly and unequivocally support a woman’s decision to have a child, including by ensuring a safe and healthy pregnancy and childbirth, and by providing services during pregnancy and after the birth of a child, including adoption and social support services, as well as protections for women against pregnancy discrimination. We are committed to creating a society where children are safe and can thrive physically, emotionally, educationally, and spiritually. We recognize and support the importance of civil structures
that are essential to creating this for every child.

pg. 33

The politician is saying, quite reasonably, that requiring BY LAW that "fetal remains" be buried (nothing is keeping anyone from burying any thing or any body they choose as long as they are non-living) or cremated is not tenable. She refers to an early stage miscarriage in a way that some probably find offensive, but the reference is not inaccurate.

No one is saying that fetal remains "deserve no dignity" the lady in question is saying it's not the State's business to REQUIRE all "fetal remains" be treated as a human being.

edit on 1-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
More clickbait sensationalized headlines that take something out of context in order to appeal to the base on ATS?

Par for the course. 🤡

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

just some mess on a napkin

And she's just some insensitive hack (C U Next Tuesday) in place of power....

She needs to be aborted

edit on 1-11-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

It would also be interesting to know how many women have had three or more abortions.

The figure for women having had abortions in the US is one in every four,

So if you know 20 women the chances are that five of them have had an

abortion !

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Libertarian Platform 2018

1.5 Abortion

Recognizing that abortion is a sensitive issue and that people can hold good-faith views on all sides, we believe that government should be kept out of the matter, leaving the question to each person for their conscientious consideration.

Green Party Platform 2018

Women's right to control their bodies is non-negotiable. It is essential that the option of a safe, legal abortion remains available. The "morning-after" pill must be affordable and easily accessible without a prescription, together with a government-sponsored public relations campaign to educate women about this form of contraception. Clinics must be accessible and must offer advice on contraception and the means for contraception; consultation about abortion and the performance of abortions, and; abortion regardless of age or marital status.

We endorse women's right to use contraception and, when they choose, to have an abortion. This right cannot be limited to women's age or marital status. Contraception and abortion must be included in all health insurance policies in the U.S., and any state government must be able to legally offer these services free of charge to women at the poverty level. Public health agencies operating abroad should be allowed to offer family planning, contraception, and abortion in all countries that ask for those services. We oppose our government's habit of cutting family planning funds when those funds go to agencies in foreign countries that give out contraceptive devices, offer advice on abortion, and perform abortions.

We encourage women and men to prevent unwanted pregnancies. It is the inalienable right and duty of every woman to learn about her body and to be aware of the phases of her menstrual cycle, and it is the duty for every man to be aware of the functions and health of his and his partner's bodies. This information is necessary for self-determination, to make informed decisions, and to prevent unintended consequences. Unplanned conception takes control away from individuals and makes them subject to external controls. The "morning-after" pill and option of a safe and legal abortion need to remain available.

The Republican and Constitution Party are both anti-choice.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There are MANY families out there that adopt because they CAN'T bare children.

Your argument is invalid because.... Duh!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

There are MANY families out there that adopt because they CAN'T bare children.

Your argument is invalid because.... Duh!

The argument is not invalid at all. Those who hold themselves out as pro-life although they are really usually anti-abortion should be going out of their way to promote healthcare for women and children. Right?

Is that what we see from even a cursory glance? No.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I see what you're saying but what it's interpreting to is - "Dogs don't pee on fire hydrants because I've never seen it happen".

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

It would also be interesting to know how many women have had three or more abortions.

The figure for women having had abortions in the US is one in every four,

So if you know 20 women the chances are that five of them have had an

abortion !

Does that ratio figure in women getting multiple abortions?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Must be something to that... I know more than 20 women and none of them have had an abortion. Maybe it's just my demographic.

Ehhh... I live in Austin. That can't be it.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

I see what you're saying but what it's interpreting to is - "Dogs don't pee on fire hydrants because I've never seen it happen".

Perhaps that is your opinion or interpetation, however, it is not at all what I said or meant. Why don't you quote something specific that I said and we can discuss it.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Wasnt an argument...I merely presented a scenario....to which nobody has supplied stats. Duh. You know what stats are???? Numbers. Show me numbers. Like these...440,000 kids in foster care on any given day.

Eta...interesting use of the word bare. As in naked. Hmmmmm.
www.childrensrights.org...

a reply to: StallionDuck

edit on 1-11-2019 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OF NOTE, in fairness, the 2016 Republican Platform does include langauge that supports adoption:

Republican Platform 2016

We celebrate the millions of Americans who open their hearts, homes, and churches to mothers in need and women fleeing abuse.

We support funding for ultrasounds and adoption assistance.

I am unable to find pending or actual legislation or policy that supports either of these.
edit on 1-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

edit on 1-11-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Does that ratio figure in women getting multiple abortions?

Thats a hard fact to define as .....

One important group’s voice is often absent in this heated debate: the women who choose abortion. While 1 in 4 women will undergo abortion in her lifetime, stigma keeps their stories untold. As an obstetrician/gynecologist who provides full spectrum reproductive health care, I hear these stories daily.

theconversation.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Must be something to that... I know more than 20 women and none of them have had an abortion. Maybe it's just my demographic.

Lol!!! what makes you so sure ? Not many women discuss those matters

with parents, friends, relations or even wear the T. shirt

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Exodus 21: 22, KJV

If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine.

Hosea 9:14-16

14 Give them, O Lord: what wilt thou give? give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.

15 All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters.

16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.

Etc. etc. bash the enemy babies heads against the rocks etc. etc.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I wasn't going to post until I saw it was in the Pit.

Amoral leftist assholes.

It's all part of dehumanizing individuals and all for the collective.

They and their evil disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"Rightists" don't have miscarriages or abortions?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join