It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The obvious Short Circuit in our Minds Eye

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
When we think about our reality, our minds sort of short circuit. Who and what are we. That's first on the docket, huh! We just can't picture it in our imagination easily.

But deeper is an abrupt, in our face facilities all shut down, .....where did God come from. If He created everything, where was the place He used to hang......wait, that's it

Our minds are not allowed to seek.......wait.....just hittin me ha ha.....we are not allowed as clay...to know where the potters.....

Oh the potters....idiom....no.....wrong movie.....the potters past?.....that's it!! But wait, He's timeless....arrgggh

The obvious Short Circuit in our mind is about where did God come from.......

Hey....I got nothing here.....sorry for the bother....

edit on 1-11-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 1-11-2019 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

God has always been. Did not come from anywhere. In our limited understanding of being a creation we project on God that someone or thing created God.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yep, He has a limit for us I guess....has to probablya reply to: PhilbertDezineck

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Things are sealed for a time for a purpose.

Revelations,
"the divine or supernatural disclosure to humans of something relating to human existence or the world."

Romans 8:18 ESV
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.

1 Corinthians 4:5 ESV
Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. Then each one will receive his commendation from God.

Deuteronomy 29:29 ESV
“The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things that are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When I was a kid I remember staying up at night in bed just pondering the eternal nature of God. I'd go to sleep thinking about it never being able to grasp it. Pretty much as your OP is. Short-circuit.

Of course we can achieve the concept that there is a never-created being that is God that created all other things, but not the fact that HE always existed.

But even people who don't believe in God, if they do just a little bit of reasoning have to come to the conclusion that something/one has always existed for us to be here today. For something cannot come from nothing.

Growing up I've read and listened to all kinds of theories on the topic by scientists, eternal universe (which has been disproven, it has been pretty much confirmed the universe had a start, known in scientific terms as the "Big Bang" good a term as any I guess. Big bada-boom, we're here. Haha.

We can contemplate into eternity and even yearn for it. And the human brain is complex enough that it would never run out of storage space.

Seaworthy's comments from God's word sum it up nicely. There are limits to the human comprehension as great as it is, it will never be able to fully grasp the nature of God entirely.

There is another scripture that says that we can live forever and still never learn everything about our physical creation that he made sometime in the distant past. Imagine all the other stuff in the spiritual realm beyond the physical realm humans will never know about.

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has even put eternity in their heart; yet mankind will never find out the work that the true God has made from start to finish."-Ecclesiastes 3:11.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Maybe we don't exist. Reality is just a dream coming from nothingness. There is no consequence. There is only delusion pretending to be important.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Maybe we don't exist. Reality is just a dream coming from nothingness. There is no consequence. There is only delusion pretending to be important.

Wow deep

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
you can seek him. The question really is, "are you looking in the right place?"

Pr 8:17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

Timeless sorry God is not timeless. If he were he would not give us the 24/7/364.XXXX system of time. His Time is one day and a thousand years and a thousand years as a day. Using that and looking at what is says about him being From Everlasting to Everlasting does not mean He is timeless. Immeasurable would more likely be the correct statement. But we have computer that can count into the unfathomable numbers of reasoning man is incapable without the help of his creation. And yet they still can't figure out what is from Everlasting to Everlasting is.

We in this life are not everlasting but after death we pass into our everlasting home, a long home, and long is a time not a timeless word.

Ec 12:5 Also [when] they shall be afraid of [that which is] high, and fears [shall be] in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Where will you spend yours Heaven or hell? That is the question. That is the one I heard the morning after my attempted suicide while I stood in a small church at the old Maui High School Gym. What happened? I am not sure, I was raising the gun and a still small voice said, "pick up the Bible". I have not put it down since getting one that day on Maui.

edit on 11/12/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Saint Francis of Assisi said:
'What we are looking for is what is looking'.

Ramana Maharshi said:
'Seek the seeker'.

edit on 13-11-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Rebekah Maroon wrote a book called This Is God......read the reviews on Amazon and/or watch her on the video above.
www.amazon.co.uk...=mp_s_a_1_fkmr1_1?keywords

edit on 13-11-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join