It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline of Trump Extorting a Foreign Country for Election Interference

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris
You know, there’s so much contradicting info and disinformation about this subject that I’m not to sure about believing much from either side. Vox is also very biased to the left and its a big stretch to call them credible, especially when it comes to political news.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: Wardaddy454

There’s a lot of info out there about the fired prosecutor not being corrupt as they want us to believe. Matter of fact it was quite to the contrary. The prosecutor that took his place even said as much as did some of the Americans in the know. The mere fact that boomerang Biden wanted him fired tells me he was probably doing his job.

Which makes me think the jewel heist was to gather evidence for future use. Hold onto all these items, and when certain people show themselves to be against the status-quo, plant evidence and imply corruption by proxy. Use the Jeweler to point out his stolen diamonds from five or so years ago, which happen to still be in possession of the people supposedly responsible, instead of fenced, and then kill him before he can open up later about how he was blackmailed to do so. If it sounds like a cold war era movie plot, well, consider where all this took place.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

There’s a lot of info out there about the fired prosecutor not being corrupt as they want us to believe.
Matter of fact it was quite to the contrary.
The prosecutor that took his place even said as much as did some of the Americans in the know.

Making a succession of false statements does not make them true.

All of the evidence, public reporting from the time and statements BEFORE the recent wingnut Propaganda started about Biden, thoroughly contradict your unsupported claims.

By that logic, the Ukrainian President's statements regarding no quid pro quo render this whole farce moot.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What jewel heist??

The diamonds that Shokens Prosecutors were found with?

Diamonds are and were a common form of payola for corruption in Russia and Former Soviet republics since local economies are unstable and currency can dramatically fluctuate in value or become near worthless due to hyper-inflation. And it wasn't just diamonds, it was expensive watches and other small, portable and expensive hard-goods. Things you can bundle up and run with.

And those prosecutors found with the Diamond Stashes never denied ownership, so claims of planted evidence fail.

In one notorious case, two of Shokin's prosecutors were caught with stashes of diamonds, cash and valuables in their homes, likely indicating bribery. Prosecutors from another department of Shokin's office were fired or reassigned when they attempted to bring a prosecution against the so-called "diamond prosecutors".

en.wikipedia.org...

FLASHBACK 2016

In one high-profile example, known in Ukraine as the case of the “diamond prosecutors,” troves of diamonds, cash and other valuables were found in the homes of two of Mr. Shokin’s subordinates, suggesting that they had been taking bribes.

But the case became bogged down, with no reasons given. When a department in Mr. Shokin’s office tried to bring it to trial, the prosecutors were fired or resigned. The perpetrators seemed destined to get off with claims that the stones were not worth very much.

Since his appointment a year ago, Mr. Shokin had been criticized for not prosecuting officials, businessmen and members of Parliament for their roles in corrupt schemes during the government of former President Viktor F. Yanukovych. He also did not press cases for sniping by the police and opposition activists during the street protests in 2014 that killed more than 100 people and wounded about 1,000.

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 4-11-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

There’s a lot of info out there about the fired prosecutor not being corrupt as they want us to believe.
The prosecutor that took his place even said as much as did some of the Americans in the know.

All of the evidence, public reporting from the time and statements BEFORE the recent wingnut Propaganda started about Biden, thoroughly contradict your unsupported claims.

By that logic, the Ukrainian President's statements regarding no quid pro quo render this whole farce moot.

The Ukranian President has been careful with his words as he must walk a tight rope of needing the Trump Administration while Russia occupies it's territory, but not get caught lying either.

He has not said what you claim.

He said he "felt" no pressure. A robbery victim can say they "felt" no fear.

He did not say there was no "no quid pro quo"...and Undisputed texts between the Ukranian President's Chief Advisor Yermak and Sondland, Taylor and Rudy discuss the exact statement President Zelensky was required to make in an interview with CNN announcing investigations into Burisma in order to satisfy Trump.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You know, there’s so much contradicting info and disinformation about this subject that I’m not to sure about believing much from either side.

I find it useful to search for articles from before a topic became controversial news.

Google allows you in advance search to narrow for time periods.

Everything about Shokin before Rudy and crew started a propaganda campaign to use him against Biden is damning.

Any Ukranian over the age of 20 can tell you the same

Shokin’s nominees are closely associated with the old system. At the Prosecutor General’s Office, Yury Hryshchenko managed Volodymyr Shapakin, the so-called “diamond prosecutor” who was arrested earlier this year in a sting operation for bribery with $400,000 dollars of cash in his office and $100,000 of diamonds in his home. First Deputy Prosecutor General Yury Sevruk has stymied reforms in the Prosecutor General’s Office. Reformers believe that making anti-reform individuals like Hryshchenko and Sevruk directly responsible for selecting the most important anti-corruption figure makes the process a mockery.

But it gets even worse. After Jan Tombinski, the European Union’s Ambassador to Ukraine, criticized Shokin’s appointments, Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry sent a letter to the National Council on Reform urging Shokin to replace his appointees to the selection panel with qualified candidates.

Shokin doubled down, dismissing outside criticism and asserting his right to put whomever he wants on the panel. Shokin followed this up by allegedly threatening to prosecute Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry “for criminal acts intended at undermining the authority of state institutions” in a letter that Ukrainiska Pravda obtained and published. It seems Shokin prefers to use his prosecutorial discretion to threaten the very people seeking to free Ukraine from its endemic graft.

His behavior raises an obvious question: Why doesn’t Poroshenko fire Shokin?

“Poroshenko came of age in a system where the Prosecutor General was used as a weapon against political opponents, and Poroshenko remains determined to maintain control over this critical lever of power,” said Daria Kaleniuk, executive director of the Anti-Corruption Action Center in Kyiv, in an interview on November 3.

www.atlanticcouncil.org...

Ukraine: New government, same corruption

Although estimates vary, Donald Bowser, an adviser to Ukraine's National Anti-Corruption Bureau, said that "easily over a dozen billion US dollars a year" continue to be stolen from the Ukrainian state through corruption.

He said much of the corruption stems from the prosecutor general's office. "It is the biggest organised crime game in town … just stone-cold gangsters," alleged Bowser.

The prosecutor general himself, Viktor Shokin - who was recently targeted in an assassination attempt - serves at the behest of President Petro Poroshenko. Shokin and the prosecutor general's office "give a legal facade to the corruption schemes", Bowser claimed.

Since he was appointed as prosecutor general by Poroshenko in February, Shokin has not brought any cases of corruption to court involving Yanukovich or his partners. Nor has he prosecuted the hundreds of high-level corruption cases that have been brought to his office by Ukraine's parliamentary committee on preventing and combating corruption.

www.aljazeera.com...

Ukraine: “Automaidan” activists picket Poroshenko’s residence

On Sunday, November 1, the activists of “Automaidan” came under the walls of the house of the president of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko demanding the resignation of Attorney General Victor Shokina [suspected of corruption; see report below], reports UNN.

off-guardian.org...

The list goes on and on...

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Maybe it's because you dont answer relevant questions, like mine.

I will ask again, do you consider the attached video extorting a foreign country? If not, please explain why not.

www.youtube.com...

No.

Biden demanded a KNOWN corrupt prosecutor be fired at the behest of the US GOVERNMENT, IMF, EU and even GOP in Congress.

As well as the UKRAINIAN PEOPLE THEMSELVES.

That is in the interest of the USA.

Trump abused his office for PERSONAL GAIN.

AND HE KNEW IT and STILL KNOWS IT. Thus a shadow operation with Rudy (plus two indicted associates) and refusing any Subpoenas for Docs or Testimony that could exonerate him if he even remotely could pretend it was legit.

All presidents abuse office for Personal Gain. All of them.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum

originally posted by: PurpleFox
Maybe it's because you dont answer relevant questions, like mine.

I will ask again, do you consider the attached video extorting a foreign country? If not, please explain why not.

www.youtube.com...

No.

Biden demanded a KNOWN corrupt prosecutor be fired at the behest of the US GOVERNMENT, IMF, EU and even GOP in Congress.

As well as the UKRAINIAN PEOPLE THEMSELVES.

That is in the interest of the USA.

Trump abused his office for PERSONAL GAIN.

AND HE KNEW IT and STILL KNOWS IT. Thus a shadow operation with Rudy (plus two indicted associates) and refusing any Subpoenas for Docs or Testimony that could exonerate him if he even remotely could pretend it was legit.

All presidents abuse office for Personal Gain. All of them.

The Golden Rationalization.
Used to excuse Moral, ethical and Legal failures and misconduct since the beginning of time.

"everybody does it"

It is based on the flawed assumption that an act is excused by the claim others have done it as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's hard for US citizens to get their heads around the mind boggling thefts of our Ukranian aid money. But there is something called the Credit Mobilier Scandal which briefly tracks the Impeachment of Pres. Andrew Johnson, and what's happening to Donald Trump. So, could some really entrenched bad guys have gone all the way back to the late 1860's and are trying the same get out of jail strategy?? Future Pres. James Garfield escaped this by the skin on his teeth. His Mobilier stock was in his wife's name, and he turned it back in, plus gave back the big "Dividend", which Thomas Doc Durrant had doled out to his fellow conspirators. This one ruined many National Politicians.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: mtnshredder

THAT is an OPINION Piece by JOHN SOLOMON (Mentioned repeatedly in the Whistle-Blower complaint)

John Solomon, The author you are citing, is to Journalism what Rudy Giuliani is to the legal profession.

John Solomon is neck deep in the scandal. He was tasked with Promoting Rudy's Propaganda. He shares the Attorney that is representing the Russian Oligarch that was illegally contributing to GOP and Trump. He also worked closely with the two (now indicted) associates of Giuliani who were laundering those illegal foreign contributions to GOP. It just goes on and on. He was let go from the Hill for BS reporting on Ukraine and most of what he has reported has since been denied/retracted/walked back by those who he interviewed.

EXAMPLE

In Solomon’s March 20 interview with Yuriy Lutsenko, the then-Ukrainian prosecutor general made a series of wild claims, including accusing Biden of pressuring the then-Ukrainian president in 2016 to fire the country’s top prosecutor—at the time, Viktor Shokin—to squash an investigation into a Ukrainian gas company connected to Hunter Biden.

(Lutsenko would later retract some of the claims made to Solomon, eventually walking back his claims of wrongdoing by the Bidens, ultimately concluding: “Hunter Biden did not violate any Ukrainian laws.”)

www.thedailybeast.com...

Ukraine Prosecutor General Lutsenko admits U.S. ambassador didn't give him a do not prosecute list

The article says he "walked back" his claim. But then it gives a link to that, and NOWHERE in the article does he EVEN DISCUSS the claim.

They just characterized him saying "Hunter Biden" hadn't broken any laws, as a "walk back" on his earlier claim that Yovanovitch had given him a do not prosecute list.

He doesn't mention her anywhere in the link. Making no comment at all about there even possibly being or not being a list.

Read more on UNIAN: www.unian.info...

This is what the quote says:

"I shared the details and explained that I could not open and close cases on my own. I listed some so-called anti-corruption activists under investigation. She said it was unacceptable, as it would undermine the credibility of anti-corruption activists. I took a piece of paper, put down the listed names and said: 'Give me a do not prosecute list.' She said: "No, you got me wrong.' I said: "No, I didn't get you wrong. Such lists were earlier drawn up on Bankova Street [the presidential administration's address, Lutsenko meant the Yanukovych administration], and now you give new lists on Tankova Street [the former name of Sikorsky Street, where the U.S. Embassy is located]. The meeting ended. I'm afraid the emotions were not very good," Lutsenko gave the details of his meeting with the ambassador.

He says she gave him a list of names. But then they disagreed over whether that was meant as a "do not prosecute list" or not.

She rejected the characterization, but had clearly told him not to prosecute them.

He said he had previously been given a do not prosecute list by the Yanukovych adminsitration, and felt that now he was being given one by the US embassy.

You can also read his statement in the original Russian, if you go to the babel link.

По ее словам, Касько являлся выдающимся антикоррупционным деятелем, а уголовное дело [против него] дискредитировало антикоррупционеров. Я изложил детали [дела] и объяснил, что не могу открывать и закрывать производства по своему желанию. Назвал еще ряд так называемых антикоррупционеров, проходящих по делам. Она сказала, что это недопустимо, мол, подорвет доверие к антикоррупционным активистам. Я взял листочек, записал озвученные фамилии и говорю: «Диктуйте список неприкосновенных персон». Она говорит: «Нет, вы меня неправильно поняли». Я говорю: «Нет, я вас правильно понял; раньше такие списки писали [в Администрации президента] на Банковой, а вы предлагаете новые списки от Танковой Справка
На улице И. Сикорского (бывшая Танковая) в Киеве находится посольство США в Украине.
». Встреча закончилась. Боюсь, эмоции были не очень хорошие.

thebabel.net... burisma-plenkah-rozenblata-i-istochnikah-korrupcii-bolshoe-intervyu

Using Google translate, the statement comes out like this:

According to her, Kasko was an outstanding anti-corruption figure, and the criminal case [against him] discredited anti-corruption. I set out the details [of the case] and explained that I could not open and close the production at will. He also called a number of so-called anti-corruption officials who are on business. She said that this is unacceptable, they say, will undermine the credibility of anti-corruption activists. I took a piece of paper, recorded the surnames announced and said: “Dictate a list of inviolable persons.” She says: "No, you misunderstood me." I say: “No, I understood you correctly; Previously, such lists were written [in the Presidential Administration] on Bankova, and you offer new lists from Tankova reference
On the street I. Sikorsky (formerly Tank) in Kiev is the US Embassy in Ukraine.
". The meeting is over. I'm afraid the emotions were not very good.

Try and understand that, at this meeting, he is being told not to look into matters relating to the NABU, the supposed "anticorruption" bureau that many people, such as Glen Beck, are saying weren't doing very much to actually oppose corruption. But were rather participating in it themselves.

I met a drug dealer once in the late 90's who explained to me that every minivan he had owned while dealing had a "DARE" sticker on the back. It was a rather popular tactic at the time.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Good observation from Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell:

“There’s no small amount of irony associated with the fact the president is apparently being impeached over in the House for holding up aid to Ukraine.. and at the same time, Democrats are going to filibuster the defense bill, which would provide for the assistance to Ukraine,” McConnell, R-Ky., said last week.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I notice you left the "whistleblower" timeline out of this and specifically their speaking with schiff. Weird how that works. Weird how that timeline lines up exactly with when taylor begins to think there's some sort of QPQ. Almost like they constructed a narrative out of thin air then cherry picked TWO (in more than two months) text messages to try to give themselves some pretext of it happening before.

But let's not get sidetracked with the details, here's the beef:
INVESTIGATING THE CORRUPTION OF JOE BIDEN IN UKRAINE IS NOT ELECTION INTERFERENCE.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I notice you left the "whistleblower" timeline out of this and specifically their speaking with schiff. Weird how that works. Weird how that timeline lines up exactly with when taylor begins to think there's some sort of QPQ. Almost like they constructed a narrative out of thin air then cherry picked TWO (in more than two months) text messages to try to give themselves some pretext of it happening before.

But let's not get sidetracked with the details, here's the beef:
INVESTIGATING THE CORRUPTION OF JOE BIDEN IN UKRAINE IS NOT ELECTION INTERFERENCE.

And

Confirmed that the falsified Steele Pee Dossier WAS used as an ELECTION INTERFERENCE!

mic drop
Boinkg bang bang bing !
/
rim shot pa da bom

edit on 5-11-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

What jewel heist??

The diamonds that Shokens Prosecutors were found with?

Diamonds are and were a common form of payola for corruption in Russia and Former Soviet republics since local economies are unstable and currency can dramatically fluctuate in value or become near worthless due to hyper-inflation. And it wasn't just diamonds, it was expensive watches and other small, portable and expensive hard-goods. Things you can bundle up and run with.

And those prosecutors found with the Diamond Stashes never denied ownership, so claims of planted evidence fail.

In one notorious case, two of Shokin's prosecutors were caught with stashes of diamonds, cash and valuables in their homes, likely indicating bribery. Prosecutors from another department of Shokin's office were fired or reassigned when they attempted to bring a prosecution against the so-called "diamond prosecutors".

en.wikipedia.org...

FLASHBACK 2016

In one high-profile example, known in Ukraine as the case of the “diamond prosecutors,” troves of diamonds, cash and other valuables were found in the homes of two of Mr. Shokin’s subordinates, suggesting that they had been taking bribes.

But the case became bogged down, with no reasons given. When a department in Mr. Shokin’s office tried to bring it to trial, the prosecutors were fired or resigned. The perpetrators seemed destined to get off with claims that the stones were not worth very much.

Since his appointment a year ago, Mr. Shokin had been criticized for not prosecuting officials, businessmen and members of Parliament for their roles in corrupt schemes during the government of former President Viktor F. Yanukovych. He also did not press cases for sniping by the police and opposition activists during the street protests in 2014 that killed more than 100 people and wounded about 1,000.

www.nytimes.com...

The Jeweler claimed that his factory was raided, and the diamonds stolen, or, lost.

This is interesting. euromaidanpress.com...

Observers labeled this incident as a “diamond test” for the Prosecutor’s office that would show how much the old system is ready for renewal. The old system flunked miserably.

According to Vitaliy Kasko, Korniyets told Sakvarelidze at the date of his detention: “I informed everybody that needs to know about my detention. If I will not be pulled out, I will give everybody away. So don’t worry, you won’t succeed.”

A "diamond test". Using diamonds taken as evidence in a raid (I cannot find anything about this raid) and were later "lost"? Strange.

Again, it makes me think of a large setup.
edit on 5-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

The Ukranian President has been careful with his words as he must walk a tight rope of needing the Trump Administration while Russia occupies it's territory, but not get caught lying either.

He has not said what you claim.

He said he "felt" no pressure. A robbery victim can say they "felt" no fear.

He did not say there was no "no quid pro quo"...and Undisputed texts between the Ukranian President's Chief Advisor Yermak and Sondland, Taylor and Rudy discuss the exact statement President Zelensky was required to make in an interview with CNN announcing investigations into Burisma in order to satisfy Trump.

Are you suggesting that Trump is... subtle?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

lol all hearsay and third hand talking points coached by Schiff and Neocons. Read the transcript, how come no one with first hand knowledge testify?? That's right because they don't want to lie and perjure themselves, so they bring in people who will speculate and have no evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join