It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Anthem triggers some Americans.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times poo-pooed the long-standing tradition of television stations airing the “The Star-Spangled Banner” because some night owl viewers could be offended by the “politically charged” national anthem.

It doesn't happen often, but in this instance, I am gobsmacked, and have no idea what to say. Maybe someone else can make sense of this.

It’s time for these anti-American assholes to get the F out of our country.

They are here to take over and attack anything pure American.
They know a traditional attack with weapons cannot make a dent in the u.s.a.
So they have infiltrated many high rankings positions and with the help of liberals have gotten a strong hold.

I will never forget this musiim Iman saying yes as musiims we have completely opposite views on gay rights, multiple wives, religious freedom and womens rights when compared to liberals.

But we need these liberals with opposite views because they are our entrance and will help establish our foundation.

They will help shield any criticism of Islam with their play of the race card.

And once we establish a strong foundation, we will force the liberals into our way as they are easily manipulated.

This.deep state is nothing but weak liberal Democrats who have to answer to anti American groups who are America's enemy.

Fight back

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's the rules believe it or not.

When I was on radio, there were strict rules, for instance I couldn't call anyone from France a cheese eating surrender monkey, that's cultural insensitivity, if I say that the Amish never had a lightbulb moment, that's religious insensitivity, and so forth.

Blame the political correctness overload.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad
It is usually the little heard third verse of the anthem that sets people off. I was "educated" by someone once about this fact, and I will admit my ignorance of the contents of any verse besides the first one...

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

I believe this was a reference to the British hiring mercenaries and freeing any runaway slaves that joined their cause during the War of 1812, though I could be mistaken.
I doubt it since most people have never heard it. I don’t think it’s because they are so moral. It’s because they hate anything considered “ nationalist” and have been brainwashed by anti-American elements.
A page I just went to shows it as the second verse, and here’s the third

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation! Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation! Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto – “In God is our trust,” And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.
The second verse is usually skipped to the third one, and if someone can’t sing “ o thus be it ever when free men shall stand between their loved home and the wars desolation “ I don’t know what else to say. But secular humanism has deliberately removed all pro American things from textbooks as well as God and the nuclear family.
edit on 2-11-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

a reply to: TheGreatWork

Trying to inspire pride in one's nation isn't "brain washing" it is community building.
Encouraging patriotism isn't "brain washing" it is strengthening the bonds that make us a nation instead of a group of anarchists.

How many people cheered for blood after 9/11? The whole country? We are not anarchists?????? We destroyed those countries over bs and we loved it.

What words were used on us? Freedom? Land of the free? This is Merica? That is all it took for the population to go along with it.

We may not be anarchists on the US playing field, but on the world stage we are.
Actually, the early American Patriots were just a wee bit on the anarchy side.... you know dressing as Indians and dumping tea into the harbor as a protest, you know that kind of thing. They also organized in secret to fight the mighty British Crown. Do you really not know the history? By the way, when you say Merica you are really mocking a member of Skull and Bones Secret Society, but I suspect you just see it as hating America.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

I feel like the battles we've fought were necessary to fulfill our ideals and aspirations

Elaborate? I mean yes, killing the Indians was "neccessary" to establish ourselves, but what else?

Wait, we came, then we defended ourselves from them. DOh!

I hate to do this but... Howard Zinn, is that you ?

While the reviewer — IPS co-founder Marcus Raskin — designates Zinn "the people's historian," nowhere is it mentioned that the late Mr. Zinn was a member of the Communist Party. His lying take on "history" has poisoned the minds of children in schools from K-12 and in universities from coast-to-coast. (See this column "Howard Zinn: Communist Liar," Aug. 9, 2010, and "Is it safe to send your child to school?," Sept. 7, 2010.)

Some of the older foundations listed here are troubling enough. Of special interest is the money poured into IPS by the ubiquitous George Soros, who controls the Tides foundation and the Open Society Institute. That Soros, a man with a messianic complex and disdain for American values, is using his (tax-exempt) largesse to fuel the IPS's long-standing anti-Americanism is beyond troubling. (See this column "Will George Soros rule America? — A left-wing conspiracy so vast," October 2, 2006.)
www.renewamerica.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Link to NYT article

The 'offending' paragraphs:

The professional football player Colin Kaepernick started a movement, and became one of the most polarizing figures in the country, by kneeling during the anthem to protest racial injustice.

Regardless of their intentions, Mark Clague, an associate professor of musicology at the University of Michigan, said that in an era in which support of the anthem has become a “loyalty test,” it is difficult to frame its reintroduction to the airwaves as apolitical.

You're all just looking for reasons to get upset. Way to play into the hands of divisiveness.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

a reply to: TheGreatWork

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? - Shylock in The Merchant of Venice, Act III scene I.

Any nation attacked in such a manner, regardless of any statements by anyone, will want to strike out at their perceived enemies whether real or imagined. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

This was true after 9/11. This was true after Pearl Harbor. And this will be true of any other attack under even remotely similar circumstances.

I understand that part of it, but I mean mentally on a bigger picture. Had Americans not been brainwashed by the fake freedom and patriotism, would we have reacted differently? Would we have dug a little more and deeper before blindly accepting lies as truth? It's a complicated issue and I do see your point and other's on here.

This is a great country. In it, because of those who have died to protect it, we can have people like you, who may not understand what it represents, or may not care. You have that right, because of those who died to protect that right. And again, you are free to believe you are above it, and me, and those who died.

Protected from whom? Who came over or attempted to? All of our wars have been offensive. Now if you watch the history channel, I am full of #. If you seriously research every war, I am objectively right. The context for war in every war has been a lie. But you will still say we fought and died to protect it? Seriously?

You can not compare the wars of the Deep State with the American Revolution fought by Patriots who loved Liberty. My own ancestor was a Patriot who was roughly 14 1/2 years old when he fought in the war. I myself AM unapologetically Patriotic, but to the ideal of what our Founding Fathers believed in and not the fascist state of the communist/capitalist conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

It is usually the little heard third verse of the anthem that sets people off. I was "educated" by someone once about this fact, and I will admit my ignorance of the contents of any verse besides the first one...

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

I believe this was a reference to the British hiring mercenaries and freeing any runaway slaves that joined their cause during the War of 1812, though I could be mistaken.

When do you ever hear the long version like that? I have literally never heard anyone sing the full version and certainly I have never heard it at the end of a television broadcast back when they did the national anthem.

Why is it suddenly offensive in 2019? Where were these people complaining 10 years ago?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I get triggered...easily. I remove my hat and bust out a salute as vets can do that in civvies now.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times poo-pooed the long-standing tradition of television stations airing the “The Star-Spangled Banner” because some night owl viewers could be offended by the “politically charged” national anthem.

It doesn't happen often, but in this instance, I am gobsmacked, and have no idea what to say. Maybe someone else can make sense of this.

If you are regular Fox news follower it does happen often.

They sell you "gobsmack" and outrage.

It's up to you if you buy it.

The original article they are asking you to be outraged about is fluff popcorn and concludes there is really nothing controversial about bringing back the National Anthem TV sign-off.

You should stop feeding Fox News "Get Mad" click bait.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taupin Desciple
a reply to: Mach2

Lyrics

Sure, in its entirety some snowflakes might find it offensive. Majority of Americans dont know anymore than the first 3-4 verses. In ball games they only play what? 6-8 verses of it? I dont watch sports as i wholeheartedly believe they were invented with roman tactics in mind. A distraction for the populace. Working quite well btw. More people can name nfl players than they can politicians.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hmm.. another post made about something that occurs almost never, with the intent most likely to start another pile-on to the "left' as dangerous terrorists. And it does just that. Yawn.. another regular day on ATS.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I would stand to say, that the US national anthem doesn't trigger any "Americans".

Instead, it helps identify the "Not-Americans" among us.

Just saying

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Hmm.. another post made about something that occurs almost never, with the intent most likely to start another pile-on to the "left' as dangerous terrorists. And it does just that. Yawn.. another regular day on ATS.

How come the NFL no longer airs the Anthem on TV?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

No matter the issue, that particular truism rings true every time.

Not so much hyperbole, as it is undeniable truth.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

www.foxnews.com...

If you are regular Fox news follower it does happen often.

They sell you "gobsmack" and outrage.

It's up to you if you buy it.

The original article they are asking you to be outraged about is fluff popcorn and concludes there is really nothing controversial about bringing back the National Anthem TV sign-off.

You should stop feeding Fox News "Get Mad" click bait.

That's right, my girlfriend's father watches fox news, he sits there with a clenched fist and hitting his other hand in anger whenever it's on, it is first rate rage inducing garbage.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If he does it then everyone must! So much science.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Sure, 100% of people I know that watch fox do it.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Then they can move the hell out of the country.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join