It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The National Anthem triggers some Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2
WT litteral F is wrong with ppl?

I read the article but, unless I missed it, it didn't say what, specifically, was the problem with the Star Spangled Banner.

I can't, for the life of me, possibly imagine what would be offensive.

If anyone would be offended by the National Anthem it would be the very tiny % of liberals who simply get offended by everything.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
People being pissed over people being pissed over the Anthem. Pissed squared.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Your post upset me.

Pissed. . . Cubed.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

It is probably the same people that get upset about clapping and want everyone to use jazz hands. If it isn't them then it is probably an equally retarded group.

I doubt that very few of either group give one sh!t about the game anyway.
edit on 1-11-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: roadgravel

Your post upset me.

Pissed. . . Cubed.

Maybe we can take it to the fourth dimension. Tesseract pissed.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: ChefFox

It is probably the same people that get upset about clapping and want everyone to use jazz hands. If it isn't them then it is probably an equally retarded group.

I doubt that very few of either group give one sh!t about the game anyway.

Maybe some politician can run on a platform of creating a jazz hands type anthem. Seem like that time has arrived.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Have any of you actually listened to the Anthem, Critically? It's mind control bullsh*t. Justifying fake wars so we can be free.. What a crok. Every country has their own "tow the line and think this way" brainwashing song. Now I am not offended by it, but I see it for the BS that it is.

When people are done singing it, they act all happy afterwards like they are free. LOL
edit on 1-11-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For those spoiled rotten citizens of our country who are offended, perhaps they should catch a flight to China dressed up like Winnie the Pooh?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Trying to inspire pride in one's nation isn't "brain washing" it is community building.
Encouraging patriotism isn't "brain washing" it is strengthening the bonds that make us a nation instead of a group of anarchists.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: network dude
www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times poo-pooed the long-standing tradition of television stations airing the “The Star-Spangled Banner” because some night owl viewers could be offended by the “politically charged” national anthem.

It doesn't happen often, but in this instance, I am gobsmacked, and have no idea what to say. Maybe someone else can make sense of this.

It’s time for these anti-American assholes to get the F out of our country.

Yeah. America is about freedom!!! Now get the eff out!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

Trying to inspire pride in one's nation isn't "brain washing" it is community building.
Encouraging patriotism isn't "brain washing" it is strengthening the bonds that make us a nation instead of a group of anarchists.

How many people cheered for blood after 9/11? The whole country? We are not anarchists?????? We destroyed those countries over bs and we loved it.

What words were used on us? Freedom? Land of the free? This is Merica? That is all it took for the population to go along with it.

We may not be anarchists on the US playing field, but on the world stage we are.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? - Shylock in The Merchant of Venice, Act III scene I.

Any nation attacked in such a manner, regardless of any statements by anyone, will want to strike out at their perceived enemies whether real or imagined. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

This was true after 9/11. This was true after Pearl Harbor. And this will be true of any other attack under even remotely similar circumstances.
edit on 1-11-2019 by BomSquad because: formatting

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you all aught to change your anthem to "God Save The Queen". Rock on America you don't have a monopoly of nut-jobs and weirdos. Er, happy Halloween.

How about hail to chief? Fine song until Nixon.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'm one of those who think we could do better than "The Star Spangled Banner" for our national anthem. Much like this lady:

Mrs. Sikking led an ill-fated movement in 1972 to drop “The Star-Spangled Banner” as the national anthem, claiming it was too warlike. She suggested as possible substitutes: “My Country ‘Tis of Thee,” “America the Beautiful” or “God Bless America.”

“The national anthem of the United States should remind us not of rockets and bursting bombs,” she said, “but rather of freedom, justice and brotherhood--for these things are the true spirit of these United States.”

The Rev. Sue Sikking; Founder of Unity by the Sea Church

Of course, this lady was my minister, who christened me at six months old and gave me my first Bible (which I still have and cherish), who taught me much about life and love and living... so I guess it's not surprising I agree with her. I would personally go with "America the Beautiful."

However, as Dr. Sikking made clear, thinking there are better songs to represent this great nation and her virtues does not mean one does not love or appreciate this great nation. Nor does it mean that one is "triggered." I accept that it has been designated our anthem by Congressional act and accept and respect it as such.

But I still think we can do better.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? - Shylock in The Merchant of Venice, Act III scene I.

Any nation attacked in such a manner, regardless of any statements by anyone, will want to strike out at their perceived enemies whether real or imagined. Anyone who believes otherwise is a fool.

This was true after 9/11. This was true after Pearl Harbor. And this will be true of any other attack under even remotely similar circumstances.

I understand that part of it, but I mean mentally on a bigger picture. Had Americans not been brainwashed by the fake freedom and patriotism, would we have reacted differently? Would we have dug a little more and deeper before blindly accepting lies as truth? It's a complicated issue and I do see your point and other's on here.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: RazorV66

www.foxnews.com...

The New York Times poo-pooed the long-standing tradition of television stations airing the “The Star-Spangled Banner” because some night owl viewers could be offended by the “politically charged” national anthem.

It doesn't happen often, but in this instance, I am gobsmacked, and have no idea what to say. Maybe someone else can make sense of this.

It’s time for these anti-American assholes to get the F out of our country.

Yeah. America is about freedom!!! Now get the eff out!!!

If anyone hates America so bad that they can’t stand to listen to the National Anthem, why bother living here?
Go live in Buenos Aires.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

I understand that part of it, but I mean mentally on a bigger picture. Had Americans not been brainwashed by the fake freedom and patriotism, would we have reacted differently? Would we have dug a little more and deeper before blindly accepting lies as truth? It's a complicated issue and I do see your point and other's on here.

This is a great country. In it, because of those who have died to protect it, we can have people like you, who may not understand what it represents, or may not care. You have that right, because of those who died to protect that right. And again, you are free to believe you are above it, and me, and those who died.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I do not disagree at all. I think America the Beautiful would be a wonderful national anthem.

I think the thing many people forget about the SSB, is that in its essence, it is about America enduring and surviving while being attacked. It is about perseverance while being persecuted. It was written by someone watching an American fort being attacked mercilessly throughout the night and when dawn broke, the fort had held. The flag was still flying proudly above the fort in defiance of its attackers. It is not about war so much as overcoming overwhelming adversity and continuing on, surviving.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I think you all aught to change your anthem to "God Save The Queen". Rock on America you don't have a monopoly of nut-jobs and weirdos. Er, happy Halloween.

Love that song!

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

This is a great country. In it, because of those who have died to protect it, we can have people like you, who may not understand what it represents, or may not care. You have that right, because of those who died to protect that right. And again, you are free to believe you are above it, and me, and those who died.

Protected from whom? Who came over or attempted to? All of our wars have been offensive. Now if you watch the history channel, I am full of #. If you seriously research every war, I am objectively right. The context for war in every war has been a lie. But you will still say we fought and died to protect it? Seriously?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join