It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine This!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: bally001
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Barbara Eden,one of the prettiest women I ever did see on TV. Mary-Anne, Elly-May sigh. I don't see girls like that anymore. For me anyway.

Kind regards,

Bally

ll of those plus Ema Peel from the Avengers. I think she was my first true crush. What a body! And Cat Woman too!

Yeah, can see that. Barbara Feldon as Agent 99 in the series 'Get Smart' was a bit of a crush for me.

Regards,

Bally

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You forgot the best one: Archie Bunker!!

No I didn't...it was my first one! "All in the Family" (that was the title of the sitcom).

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Benny Hill.

Great one who was often seen chasing semi nude women like an old pervert.

How about Jackie Gleason and the Honeymooners?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
No one mentioned Green Acres?

I would have thought that was first on the list.

OK, that is a good point. The patriotic vitriol of Mr. Douglass reminds me exactly of my Dad. I tell people I hear the Fife and Drums when my Dad tells his stories to people, just like Green Acres and Mr. Douglass.

Those well known New York frumpy attitudes were being exposed as part of the reason to move to the farm and leave the big city in the show. Having a pig as an actor was different.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: JAGStorm

You forgot the best one: Archie Bunker!!

No I didn't...it was my first one! "All in the Family" (that was the title of the sitcom).

He had a spin off too I think it was called Archie but I can't recall exactly? He ran a bar I recall.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
This is a subject that always leaves me blinking and shaking my head in confusion... The assertion that "political correctness" is a thing in media and is a liberal plot of some kind.

Spoiler alert #1: Movies, TV shows and all media are financed, produced and distributed ( mostly ) by the largest multinational corporations on Earth. They don't give a rats ass about political correctness or a social agenda. They do, however, have a legal obligation to make their shareholders every penny that they possibly can - which is why they make more inclusive media. It's not that women and brown people are TAKING OVER!!! It's that women, brown folk and people who aren't white Christians have and spend money too - and they spend more if they are represented in the media they're provided.

That's it. That's the whole "plot" - the free market doing what the free market does.

Spoiler #2: Contrary to some of the opinions I see shared here - media actually caters more to the red meat crowd than it used to. When I was a kid / teen a movie like, say, Porky's made headlines for being shocking. In 2019 a movie like Porky's wouldn't make any waves and might not even get a hard R rating. There's more violence, sex and "non PC" content on any broadcast network today than ever before.

Rambo murdered a lot more people, including ethnic minorities, in 2019 than he did in 1982 or even in Afghanistan in 1988.

The irony to me is that if somebody were to post another thread lamenting how Hollywood has led our Christian youths into sex and debauchery - suddenly my exact points made here would be used to argue that point in direct contradiction of what's being said here. It's a whole "The libs took the boobies outta my movies! But I'm also super angry that the libs caused me to see movie boobies because they're heathens!" situation.

I'd find it funny if the current conversation didn't also include daily posts about how all the libs are about to get murdered in the coming civil war.

Oh and final note: Y'all do realize that Archie Bunker wasn't written as the protagonist of All In The Family? Right? He was written and performed as the antagonist.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hey Heff...long time no see!!

You make a good point. Media just caters to the need of the paying customer. (The same goes for the whole "fake news"...)

It"s just a business providing the service which pays the most.

But you can"t deny that at the heart of every change we see there is an interest group who raised awareness to make a change.

I agree it"s not a plot of some kind but more a shift in public awareness.

For instance with my suggestion of "I dream of Jeannie", in the time frame it was made women's role in society was different. A lot has changed since and in today's society a lot of women would take offence about the role Jeannie plays in the series.

The notion that people would get "triggered" (hate that word) by rerunning these shows has more to do with people forgetting the context in which these series/movies were made and thus refuse to view them and thus directing media to not show them anymore which in turn could make some people think there is some plot to accomodate special interest groups and be as politically correct and inclusive as possible.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join