It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New book by bob hastings author of ufos and nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
So i knew Robert Hastings author of "ufos and nukes" was making a new book that would involve ufo encounters and military people. I didnt know though that the guy himself had alien encounters.He coauthors the book with bob jacobs

Heres bob jacobs in a yt video

And here is robert hastings in another yt video

Posting the videos just to attach a face to the names for those who might not remember-know them.The books name is "Confession: Our Hidden Alien Encounters Revealed"

excerpt from the amazon book intro follows

Two well-known figures in Ufology—UFOs and Nukes researcher Robert Hastings and military whistleblower Dr. Bob Jacobs—divulge their long-hidden status as experiencers. Although Hastings’ well-respected work involves investigating still-classified UFO incursions at American nuclear weapons sites and Jacobs is best known for participating in one of the key cases, each has privately endured a number of strange encounters with paranormal, UFO-related phenomena. Concerned that an open admission of this fact would negatively impact their reputations as reliable sources for military-related UFO information, both remained silent about their sometimes terrifying experiences for decades. Now, however, they believe that they must go public with the truth.

But the essence of CONFESSION concerns the unexpected and unsought appearance of alien-related phenomena in the authors’ lives. These encounters with the unknown have been an integral part of Hastings’ and Jacobs’ overall UFO experience and have perhaps acted as the principal catalyst for their longstanding compulsion to investigate and publicize the reality of UFOs and the entities who operate them.

Dont know how this book will affect the credibility of these two guys,Then again should they have stayed silent? Dont have the book yet so cant comment on the stuff contained in it but i m sure the book would be about military people having ufo encounters,this book looks like it focuses on the experience of hastings and jacobs.I could be wrong though.What are your thoughts atsers?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

Fascinating! Will you be getting the book? We all know that there have been cover ups about UFO's for many years. Even if many were hoaxes or eventually identified, some are the real deal. There have been too many credible witnesses from all walks of life and from all over the world...airplane pilots, astronauts, police officers etc. None of which would want the recognition of coming forward and risking their jobs, but they did and know what they saw.
edit on 1-11-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm curious about his explanation for these articles:

Bob Jacobs Atlas missile: “The Big Sur ‘UFO’: An Identified Flying Object”
by Kingston A. George, Skeptical Inquirer, Vol. 17, Winter 1993, pp. 180-187
www.csicop.org...
and home.comcast.net...

I also expect to appear as a character in the drama, let's see what I'm supposed to have done this time.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

I also expect to appear as a character in the drama, let's see what I'm supposed to have done this time.

Jacobs stated at this recent(ish) conference how he received threatening phone calls (particularly of a sexual nature towards his wife) and got his mailbox blown up.

He also mentions the letters sent to him by Klass (who was citing CIA disinfo leader Bobby Ray Inman as a reference) and how Klass also sent malicious letters to the University of Maine which resulted in Jacobs losing his job.

Don't know if Jacobs is correct about Klass being a paid informant of the CIA (similar to Menzel working for NSA) but can I ask you about the letters you sent to Jacobs concerning 'the release of top secret information'?

See 22:30

Also, Robert Hastings describes in the interview below how Richard Doty ran OSI UFO disinfo schemes out of Kirtland AFB and received orders to forge UFO documents.

See 23:00

Once read you were a 'Security Officer' at Kirtland Air Force Base in charge of 'maintaining safeguards for classified government documents' - did you ever come across any kind of UFO Disinfo Office or hear about attempts to deceive the American public?
edit on 1-11-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Here are some other research results relevant to the Atlas missile story:

www.astronomyufo.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

As I recall, I sent him one handwritten note asking if since he was willing to discuss supposedly Top Secret material on that event, would he tell the full story of the test program.

The Kingston George scenario struck me as more plausible -- TV images of malfunction of the decoy release sequence, that would be Top Secret based on the damage to weapon effectiveness if the Soviets could exploit the insight into improving their multiple objects discrimination methods at the anti-missile tracking facilities in Russia. A subsequent hardware fix would have removed the vulnerability and the whole incident could be filed away, forgotten, and file-purged after a few years.

Had it really been as significant as Jacobs came to believe, I would imagine the incident would have echoed through the entire supposed 'UFO secrets' apparatus and yet as far as I ever saw, none of the other inside sources ever mentioned it except maybe as an echo of the Jacobs original story.

During my service at the USAF 'Weapons Lab' at Kirtland AFB [1970-1972] I got a TS-SI ['Special Intelligence'] clearance, worked on nuclear weapons modeling analyses and also on testing of surreptitious 'acquisitions' of Soviet high-tech hardware in their weapons programs. One additional duty was branch 'Security Officer' overseeing proper use of the hundred or so classified contents safes in the office [I spent an hour or two a week on this task].

I never came across any indications of observations or acquisitions of anything extraterrestrial, I expect it would have piqued my interest since I'd grown up on Adamski and had a copy of Keyhoe's book in my hip pocket throughout junior high school. I probably saw a Skyhook balloon over the Hudson valley about 1959, very bright in the high post-sunset western sky, no apparent motion but not a planet. I called a school friend some miles away to ask her to take a compass heading, and I took mine from Hawthorne [Westchester County, NY], and triangulated the location, then took my measured elevation angle to compute altitude of 65,000 ft. I watched it for a while until it reddened, then faded to invisibility. My first UFO. I was 14. Another hair-raising sighting in 1968 on the western shore of Lake Michigan: I was watching a scintillating cloud of flashing lights moving out over the lake for several minutes, absolutely defying my rational attempt to understand its cause – until it drifted closer to shore and from a different angle the lights suddenly spelled out the name of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Sorry Jim I didn't see you double posted there, thanks for taking time to reply to the question - here's some more info from Hastings.

www.ufohastings.com...

I couldn't really tell if you were aware of a UFO disinfo unit being ran out of Kirtland AFB but another reason I asked was because you were referencing the mystery guest 'Falcon' on this show - don't know if that was Doty or Helms but I suppose that is subject matter for a different thread.

Didn't mean to detract from the thread mate, very interesting reading and had no idea both men claim CE3 - lots of researchers with UFO sightings (Hynek, Vallee, Mcdonald, Chalker, Sanderson, Hill, Dodd, Strand etc.) but very few (if any) fess up to non human interaction.

Am sure it will impact their reputations in the minds of some people but I also respect their balls in speaking out.

• When it comes to UFOS and the nuclear connection there's more info here about AEC interest and incidents at Savannah River, Hanford and Oak Ridge.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
From Rob hastings

Understandably concerned that a frank public admission regarding all of this would negatively impact my reputation as a credible source for military-related UFO information, I have hitherto remained silent about my sometimes terrifying paranormal encounters. However, now that I am approaching the age of 70, and experiencing certain serious health issues, I’ve concluded that the time has come for me to openly acknowledge my secret life.

After decades of secrecy, Jacobs and I basically feel relieved to have finally opened up about our experiences, despite the skepticism that we will undoubtedly face from many members of the public. Regardless, our hope is that other abductees, especially former military personnel who worked with or guarded nuclear weapons, will be encouraged to come forward and reveal their own alien encounters. Actually, a few such veterans have already done so and those startling accounts also appear in the book. Briefly, it now seems that during at least a few of the well-documented UFO incursions at ICBM sites, much more was occurring than the disruption of the missiles’ functionality; human lives were being disrupted as well.

So it seems it does have other peoples experiences(military people) aswell as his own. In any case im glad he didnt stay mum about it

Source

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
New book..

Annnd skip

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

Yes because he is a career writer smh.....

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece
He’s only done two books, this one and “UFOS & Nukes”. I wouldn’t call that a writing career out for money and fame.
edit on 5-11-2019 by johnthejedi24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PHDIKOULAS

Classic! So I only speak and write about “the UFO thing” for the money. Jeez, how original. Been hearing that since 1981 when I started publicly speaking about the UFO-Nukes Connection on the college lecture circuit.

Some folks are afraid to address the data so they attack the messenger.

The fact is, I began interviewing military veterans about their UFO experiences at nuclear weapons sites in 1973, but waited until 2008 to publish a book containing their dramatic testimony. That’s 35 years. In the interim I continued to interview the veterans, so as to have a credible, convincing case that UFOs were indeed monitoring and sometimes tampering with our deadliest weapons.

Over the past two years, three individuals associated with the recently exposed Department of Defense project, the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP), have publicly confirmed ongoing UFO activity at ICBM sites: Former U.S. Senator Harry Reid, former AATIP director Lue Elizondo, and former AATIP physicist Hal Puthoff.

As it turns out, Puthoff gave a copy of my book, UFOs and Nukes, to Elizondo and two other “movers and shakers”, as Hal calls them, in 2008. He won’t tell me who the other individuals were. Nevertheless, I now know that key persons affiliated with the Pentagon’s secret UFO study thought that the book was worth reviewing during the course of their investigations. Moreover, AATIP contractor Bob Bigelow bought ten copies shortly after Puthoff bought his three, according to my sales records. Of course, those developments meant nothing to me at the time. Little did I know.

So, despite the predictable accusations by my critics, regarding my supposed money-oriented publishing efforts, behind the scenes my work was apparently considered valuable by those in-the-know in the government who were secretly studying the UFO mystery.

Now, in 2019, I have finally published a book in which I reveal my longstanding abduction experiences, which began in earnest in 1988. That’s 31 years. Jeez, I sure am a slow learner; I should have cashed in on my terrifying experiences years ago. What a dummy I am! Oh well, better late than never.

--Robert Hastings

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: RobertLHastings

Hope we get verification from the site owners its indeed Mr Hastings and not some troll. Also i think phdikoulas was saying the same thing in regards to the Book selling aspect.Two books are not considered as a lucrative enterprise.

With that said i want to ask how sure are you Mr HAstings these experiences were indeed alien in nature and not some mind control weapon? Anything you want to tell us about the book in particular? also a comment on the link posted by Jim oberg would be ace,heres the link he posted

www.astronomyufo.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sorry, with rare exceptions, I am just not going to get involved in the back-and-forth here. Not worth my time. People will believe whatever they want to believe; only a few will ever really educate themselves on the topics at hand and, therefore, most of the comments in blogs such as this one will be uninformed opinions.

And, yes, it is I, although when I look in the mirror these days I do appear quite troll-like.

--Robert Hastings

edit on 6-11-2019 by RobertLHastings because: Corrected grammar

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Based on my own eyewitness sighting (and others as well) of a fiery-balled foo fighter in it's landing phase:

Any possibilities on the chance that ET alien controlled fiery-balled foo fighters, can funnel vortex there magnetically contained fusion plasma shield, by using it as a weapon of mass destruction???

Thanks...

Erno

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobertLHastings

Former U.S. Senator Harry Reid, former AATIP director Lue Elizondo, and former AATIP physicist Hal Puthoff.

Hola RobertLHastings, good to see you on the forum again and when it comes to those three chaps do you not think John Greenewald Junior makes some astute points in this interview about UAP and contradictory internal Air Force emails?

Congrats on the new book and also wondered if you ever came across any info on this missing file whilst conducting your research:

In a 1952 LOOK article, Ruppelt mentions a file of 63 cases of UFOs over nuclear installations, but such a file is not in currently declassified Blue Book files.

NCP-16: National Security, Missing Files, The Nuclear Key

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Funnel vortex weapon of mass destruction: Meaning a magnetically contained tornadic vortex stream of electrified fusion plasma air to surface weapon, that can be sent from a fiery balled foo fighter to designated targets on the ground.

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Robert...

I was wondering if you knew or heard about a reported ET alien close encounter, with a large helmeted "ten foot high" ET bipedal, that land chased a USAF airman across the dunes at White Sands Air Force Base in New Mexico?

The airman hid behind a dune as the bipedal passed by, and he never saw the creature or robot again.

It was reported (with a illustration of the creature) about 55 years ago in a Popular Mechanics magazine. I have tried to search for the article that I read many years ago --- But I have never found it.

edit on 16-11-2019 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I had a Close Encounter of the Third Kind - E: An entity is observed but no UFO's are seen and no UFO activity has been reported in the area at the time --- But I did not see the creature or robot when I took the picture.

edit on 16-11-2019 by Erno86 because: link work

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I also possibly had a telepathic experience with an ET ( when I sensed the presence of the ET alien) between my double nighttime sighting of a foo fighter (about I mile away), with two other witnesses, one night in November, 1976 --- approximately 40 miles west of Washington D.C..

new topics

top topics

join