It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eye witness to 'aurora'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In march,2000 i was in las vegas on vacation. i was on the sidewalk outside the mgm grand @1:30am. the strip was in front of me, left-to-right. being in a power wheelchair, i decided to tilt back and give my back a rest. as i did so, i noticed an elongated black plane in the sky coming over the new york-new york resort. It had 4 light purple lights under it acoss the bottom. it was shaped like a hunter's arrowhead. it was not a f117 as that triangular shape is more equilateral. it had a distinctive dove-tail back end. the higth it was at made it seem a couple inches long. meaning it was rather low, or rather big. it made no noise i could discern over the din of the traffic on the road. the lights from the strip illuminated it enough to give it a very clear contrast to the night sky.it flowed through the sky making a gentle left turn and headed on an angle up the strip. it disappeared over the paris resort. i viewed it for at least 30-40 seconds.
its' only recently i've found images on the internet simulating 'aurora'. i'm convinced that is what i witnessed.

(edited into non caps)
(edit of all caps title)
[edit on 7-3-2005 by DJDOHBOY]

[edit on 11-3-2005 by pantha]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hmm iam from vegas too , and i seen this also, pretty cool i mean area 51 is just a hour drive from the strip

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
All caps, jeez, plaese read the t&c of this board.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This does sound alot like a F-117 sighting but since it had purple lights and the dovetail, I dunno anymore.

What is it with top-secret delta-wings?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Wow, cool story!
Too bad there were no pics

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Although what I saw was a secret US Army nuclear facility deep in th Virginia woods I believe you. What I saw was within a couple miles of civilization yet completely hidden. The US has an unbelievable knack for hiding its biggest secrets right in front of you and getting away with it. I still think what you may have saw actually was an F117 but like other members the purple lights and dovetail throw me off completely. I saw an F117 while on vacation in southern California in 1998. It was nighttime and it was flying unusually low. Its stark triangular form was quite frightening having wondered what that sound was turning round and seeing THAT! Yow. It had normal looking red and yellow lights. If I didnt know what an F117 was I would have thought it was War of the Worlds. It looked so unnatural like it should never have been able to fly. Hmmmmm...The dovetail actually sounds like it may be an attempt to improve its flight characteristics.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
whats a dove(s) tail look like?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
F-14:

Is this close to what you see? many people confuse the Aurora with the F-14

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...

That's an underview of the Tomcat, so you can see it from below.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'll bet all the foreigners that read and post on these threads are praying that what you saw was only an F-14 and not an Aurora.

Proof of an Aurora would make anything posted about JXX or Mig-XX (and the countries building them) very insignificant.

[edit on 3/8/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
centurion1211:

Nice avatar LOL

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Purple Lights? Are you sure?

I've never heard of purple lights on an aircraft. Could they have been a darker red, maybe?

As far as what it is, the shape sound a bit like the A-17 with it's wings swept back!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[edit on 11-3-2005 by ghost]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmmmmm, I find this interesting.

it made no noise i could discern over the din of the traffic on the road.

Anybody considered a regular F-14 or FB-111 outfitted with electrogravitics... maybe a testbed? The purple lights might in fact be ionisation caused by high voltage.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   

TextAll caps, jeez, plaese read the t&c of this board.

ok journey....A.you posted just to say that?.....havent you got something more intresting to do?

B.leave the work of mods for mods to do?

C. If i thought i had seen the aurora spy plane i would have probably posted in capitals.....well yankee trecker,sounds like you did see some thing unusal?...there was some strange reports in the UK's lake district region a few months ago of unusal looking aircraft at night...the RAF stated that they were just tornandos with their wings swept back but they also mentioned purple coloured lights......its a bummer that you didnt have a picture and ufortunatley most people that may have seen the same thing probably arent into aircraft regognition.....cant imagine its worth looking again at the same time on a different night as routine flights over a highly populated area are going to be unlikely?

regards......and dont post in capitals again you,naughty,naughty boy!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
centurion1211:

Nice avatar LOL

Yours is excellent, as well. Have you checked out the Nova Roma site in my sig?

Salvete.

[edit on 3/14/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonofSpy
Although what I saw was a secret US Army nuclear facility deep in th Virginia woods I believe you. What I saw was within a couple miles of civilization yet completely hidden. The US has an unbelievable knack for hiding its biggest secrets right in front of you and getting away with it.

How exaclty did you know what you saw was a secret US Army nuclear facility? I'm curious as to what the telltale signs were.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by burntrock]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by burntrock]

posted on Mar, 18 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In the mid nineties, 96 I think, I was sat in my garden with a friend. It was a very clear day in high summer. We saw a plane travelling at fantastic speed from Southern England going North. No sound was heard and no contrail was seen. It was going faster than any plane I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot, after fixing them for most of my life. I can recognise most planforms, or at least have a decent guess. I had heard some strong rumours about this strange aircraft from sources in the military. What has surprised me is that I saw Bill Sweetmans Aurora planform. This plane boys was motoring, going to Macrihanish I would think.

[edit on 18-3-2005 by The Sprog]

top topics

join