It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This paper spells out government EM drive development

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
PDF: media.defense.gov... E_ADVANCED_PROPULSION.PDF

This was pretty informative. I had read much of this in a number of different articles and papers but this about 75 page paper puts together a lot including the state of the art, who is working on what technology and what confirmation work has shown and a path forward. Of interest to me was also the last section which provides the national security ramifications of the development of deep space technology.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

From the PDF:

results from EmDrive experiments are still “below the noise.”

Afaik DOD is working on an experiment that will hopefully show whether there is anything to the whole EM drive thing.

My guess is that it will show no thrust.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is an important development, indeed! I hope that positive results come out of this.
edit on 1-11-2019 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: machineintelligence

From the PDF:

results from EmDrive experiments are still “below the noise.”

Afaik DOD is working on an experiment that will hopefully show whether there is anything to the whole EM drive thing.

My guess is that it will show no thrust.

Your "guess" is most likely more fact than supposition

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Of course that is more likely than not but the methodology lined out in this paper to put the question to bed so to speak is informed and was more than I had read previously.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
a reply to: moebius

Of course that is more likely than not but the methodology lined out in this paper to put the question to bed so to speak is informed and was more than I had read previously.
Right, they have a plan to try to work out whether there's really a signal in the noise of EM drive experiments, but one has to wonder why that wasn't part of NASA's experiment when they ran their tests. The authors of that paper seem to rightly acknowledge that the NASA test and other "results from EmDrive experiments are still “below the noise.”"

So not really much new to learn about Em drive in that paper, however it is an interesting overview of other, more plausible technologies.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I agree. The side by side section was simple but conscience. This was a factor in my OP. I thought bringing facts to bear as clear as possible seemed to be the thrust of the paper.

new topics

top topics

join