It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Did You Question Your Foretold Reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hey ATS..Happy Halloween!

This is a true story, No fabrication.

I often wonder what has predicated many of our "desires" to explore what's beyond our flesh and Blood existence.

Some are simply curious.. some want answers.

What was your "event of questioning" ?

I was born and raised at 1496 Ferry Rd, Grand Island N.Y. 14072. A house that was built by my Family in the late 1800's.

Not worried about doxing, we sold the property over 20 years ago.

This property was proudly the first post office, General Store and Funeral Home on the Island. My Great Great Uncle Captain Pettit was the "Man" so to speak.

www.isledegrande.com...

Before the Bridges he was the ferry boat captain.

Now getting to my point..this home was extremely haunted! Not only the Home but the surrounding grounds.

On two occasions I witnessed "people" in the fields beyond my bedroom window walking the wood line..chanting.

On more than a few occasions, I felt a pressure at the end of my bed..as if Mom was coming to check on me...only to discover, my door was locked from the inside.

John Whitehaven was not very nice to the Native Americans that resided here unfortunately.

I believe he cursed the entire island. Locals here have many tails of seeing Native Americans in full body apparition.

We had several "encounters" with the warring entities that we're the Natives and my Family.

I came home from a "Bells Bizarre" one day with my mother (Locals will remember Bells grocery store) and
as I walked through my front door...I was hit by something I could only feel, It knocked me down..Albeit I was 12...It had some force.

At that point, I knew something I had not been taught to believe in was real. I never looked back from that point, Constantly questioning everything.

We walk on so much sacred land as if we own it...

What was your WTF moment??

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mine was a youtube video that gave a compelling argument that the matter-based theories are totally bogus. This was a huge shock to my mind, which at the time was firmly convicted there was no God or purpose. I was deep in academia so at times these new ethereal notions conflicted with my materially-focused studies, but eventually they met at a peaceful resolution of spirit and science. My logical mind could never really accept something unless it understood it, so the pursuit of absolute understanding is what inevitably led me to the abundance of evidence compelling us forward into the limitless spiritual frontier.

The double-slit experiment is about as spooky as it gets. The 100th monkey effect is also a good one.
edit on 31-10-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Was also born also in NY and remember stuff like the bed breathing, me being lifted and sometimes the wholeft bed being lifted around 5 thru 7 then I think around 2nd grade we moved into newly built suburban house and those things happened much less than in Manhattan,

Still haven't checked out died in house yet but keep hearing it mentioned on various radio stations,

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Abadon

Was this in consciousness? I have woken from many "dreams" in which I am falling from high above. Turns out I was in my PTSD soaked bed the entire time.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I don't understand.

What is the double Split experiment?

Is that Scissoring?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am naturally a cynical and skeptical person; for example I consider my self an atheist, not because I have some scientific belief that everything can be explained from worldly domain; but because I simply have no "faith" what so ever and because I'd have to admit to myself I'm not intelligent enough to know which is the right faith even if I had one. I sit in spiritual/religious purgatory.

But there are times in my life where strang and "to good to be a convinced" things occur that it makes me less cynical and skeptical of the unknown.

As a short list; there was a time when what appeared to be a goast came and told me about some good fortune I'd have; the idea that some of my dead relatives bring me pennies from the unknown and talk to me through car license plates; and that time my toddler daughter scared the crap out of me when she suddenly stop one of her midnight cry sessions to ask me why there was a man dancing with us, than calmed down for the night.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Just wondering when and why..we began to question things.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think your goofing me but..not sure. Here's a penny.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabrechucker
a reply to: DanDanDat

I think your goofing me but..not sure. Here's a penny.

Not goofing, true story.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

When I was around 3 years old, my dad took me out to the shore. I was walking on a rock wall while my dad walked beside me. For some reason, this was the day I was supposed to get "the talk".

"One day you're going to meet a nice man and fall in love with him, and then you will want to marry him...." my dad started. I interrupted him and said "I want to marry you daddy!"

"I can't," He said. "I love your mommy. Your mommy and I are married, so you see, I can't marry you. You'll find someone else, someday."

I cried.

Fast forward, and I'm almost 5. It's early December. My mom calls me into the kitchen. I go into the kitchen and find my mother and father sitting at the kitchen table. I present myself, and stand in front of them. They are very serious, and I'm afraid that I'm in trouble, so I start to shake a little. They don't notice.

My mother starts, "Mommy and daddy don't love each other any more, and we're going to get a divorce," very matter fact.

I knew what divorce was, because the neighbors got one, and it was all everybody talked about.

My dad starts talking and says, "We want to know who you want to live with, because mommy and I will be living in different houses from now on."

I cried.

My parents grew impatient and insistent. "We need to know who you want to live with!"

"I don't know", I said. "How will Santa Clause know where to find me?" I questioned.

My mom coldly blurts out, there's no such think as Santa Clause!" And proceeds to tell me that they lied about Santa Clause, that they were on the ones who bought the presents and how I should have figured that out myself, because we didn't have a fire place, no chimney for Santa to come down. She threw in a little dig about how ungrateful we kids were, and how they, as parents, hadn't gotten any gratitude for the all the Christmas presents THEY bought me in the past.

I was still reeling from the truth about Santa Clause, and how my parents lied to me and how they thought I was dumb for believing them about something so silly, like Santa Clause in the first place!

"Is Jesus a lie to?" I asked.

My father smirked and my mother got mad. "OF COURSE JESUS IS REAL!"

I knew it wasn't true. Jesus couldn't be real if Santa Clause wasn't.

Now, back to the main question...."Who do you want to live with?"

Shocked, sad and disillusioned, I made the only choice a little girl who was almost 5 could make.

"Mommy", I said and started sobbing.

My dad protested, "But, remember when you asked me to marry you?"

"But you said no?!" I said and ran out of the room sobbing inconsolably.

My parents separated for a little while, but never divorced.

I've had trust issues and daddy issues ever since.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Disturbing yet entertaining as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The 1st time I questioned WHY am I here ? I was about 8 yrs. old, sitting under a streetlight all alone, knowing it was time to go home. It had just started to get dark, and I looked up at the sky, thinking " Who created all this ? "

LOL.... I did also fly out of my body a few times, but I was much younger, 4 or 5 yrs. and it was years later when I really understood just how amazing that was, it scared me at the time.

Happy Halloween Sab and all....

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Deep. It can be quite scary all alone. No TV, Phone or antagonists.

The silent mind will do wonders in time!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I learned a new word: doxing.

If ghosts were real the would be T-Rex ghosts terrorizing towns. I think what ghosts come from are like Jungian Archetypes. They exist in the a set of collective minds but it's not clear how the memories are shared or occur. It seems ghosts are always specific to the people who experience them.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Ghost's may exist only to the mourning..I'll go with that.

"Memory Specific"

What follows them home is a different story.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm an extremely logical and rational person. I'm the person who can always tell you at least a way that illusionists can do what they're doing.

That being said there were several events I experienced that would qualify.

We had a ghost in our house when I was growing up.

The first thing was a guitar of my uncle Bernie's that would play by itself. Just one note early in the morning over and over again.

It was in my parents bedroom and they were the ones who brought it to our attention. If you were on the bed you could hear it coming from the guitar, if you were up next to the guitar it sounded like it was coming from behind the bed.

In the same house, I must've been around 14, my sister was out with her friends, my parents out on a date.

I went to the bathroom in the hall and the light burst so I went to my parents bathroom and the lights in the hall way and the bathroom went out at the same time and I heard the cabinets in the kitchen slam open and closed two or three times. I ran to the kitchen and some of the cabinets were wide open.

I turned on the back porch light and pissed in the yard and stayed on the back patio until my parents came home.

Years later after we had sold the house I get a Facebook message from someone after I posted a picture of myself in that houses kitchen from when I was in high school. They recognized the kitchen and asked if I had lived in that house. I told them yes and they asked me if anything weird had ever happened in the house.

When I answered asking if they were talking about the ghost, they just about flipped. They had experienced several things in the house also.

Those are not the only things either.

Jaden

edit on 31-10-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
The 1st time I questioned WHY am I here ? I was about 8 yrs. old, sitting under a streetlight all alone, knowing it was time to go home. It had just started to get dark, and I looked up at the sky, thinking " Who created all this ? "

I think my questioning of self-awareness was much older. When I was young before 12 I just existed without reflective thought. I did not have any kind of reflective thoughts until I got older.

Then after 12 I started judging everything including myself in every possible way. About 40 years later I've reached a point where I no longer blame my parents, God, or myself for any of my misery. I just accept my misery as part of my life and try to appreciate all that happens and try to have good experiences as much as I can.

I never really thought too much about who created "this". The creator of the Universe has always seem a bit of an unanswerable question to me. I've always been more about having an experience of oneness with this whatever this is. I've had several profound moments where everything felt profoundly perfect.

I do remember very early in my life one day having a profound experience of sunshine, blue skies, clouds, vibrant cool green grass, and just being alive. Although at this point in my life it seems like a very distant memory too many years ago. All I can really think about now is my daily aches and pains. Pain is good. Pain builds character. I have a big operation in 2 weeks. What's the worse that can a happen! It's all good! Get there!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Funeral. Age 4. Why parents would take a child to a funeral I do not know but it was the 80's. It was an aunt, maybe in her 40s. I knew her as a child. I stood over her body and did not understand.

That night I could not sleep. Still dealing with the meaning of death. I had an outer body experience. Frightened me and I ran into my parents bedroom.

This went on for weeks but eventually realized they could not help me. Kept having them but eventually learned how to control it.

Years later had a friend over from the military maybe 19. He woke up freaking out. Told me what happened. I kinda laughed because i knew what happened. Told him it happened to me all the time.

My father and my sister told me months later they were watching TV and they both just starred at each other. Some person "ghost" ran across the room. Clear as day. It happened so fast they had no time to freak out.

I still have no idea what is wrong with that house but it started with that funeral and never stopped. Have not been back there in decades and the outer body experiences stopped.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Think about that profound experience of sunshine, blue clouds, vibrant cool green grass as you go into surgery , then heal and feel those things again. Sending good thoughts your way for better health, less pain and a successful outcome.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
when did I question my foretold reality..I can't ever remember a time when I didn't question it. We share similar stories..

Have you heard of Ft. Hays, KS? my family helped settle that town. My dad's side were farmers, my mom's side ran the dairy and my great great grandma was a country doctor

My dad's grandfather built a giant house for his family of 17 children. We called it The Homeplace. Huge, huge house 20 miles away from the closest town..that house was haunted AF lol

I slept there one time and one time, only. I loved that house, it was beautifully crafted. My grandpa was very proud of it. But I felt a presence there and I didn't know if it was friendly or not but it freaked me out

top topics

<<   2 >>

join