It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Resolution ‘Loophole’ Allows Democrats to Reject White House Witnesses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Sorry about the dyslexia. You do really well with spelling, far better than many of the folks I've worked with in the past, if it matters to you, no offense was intended, I merely wanted to understand what you were saying, not correct your spelling. If I were doing that I would have done it in the first post, but it's against T&C so ...

Yeah, we disagree with each other on why the Democrats are doing impeachment. That Trump is a clear and present danger to the existing United States and the world order is more than obvious to me. That he's done any number of illegal/impeachable things while in office is also crystal clear. I also know that opinions vary on that point.

Some of us are consumed by ego. Mr. Trump was at one point, but I don't think that's his big problem now.

I do believe that the Democrats are in general "stupid" ... and by that I mean out of touch, badly organized, scattered, scracting for political gain, etc. Above all that, they're politicians, and in my book they're all dangerous psychopaths.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with me. I really didn't mean any offense in the spelling out of ideologues.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It's far too simplistic to argue, in my opinion, that the Democrats are only moving toward impeachment because Hillary lost in the Electoral College. Trump has done plenty, again, in my opinion, to be impeached for.

But that's where it started, the day after he won they began their campaign to remove him. And your opinion, like the rest of ours, means absolutely nothing in this case.

Clinton was impeached for lying about oral sex,

No, he was impeached for lying in a federal court, under oath, period. About what doesn't matter because outside of this instance it's irrelevant. He could have been lying about the brand of cigars he used on Monica, all that matters was lying under oath in a courtroom. Could they have let that go? Sure, and I wish in some ways they had. Lying under oath in court is never good, but he's been paying for his transgressions by being forced to stay with Hillary ever since. That is worse punishment than prison could ever be.

The fact that the Republicans at the time chose impeachment to punish him at the end of a second term is baffling to me. There were plenty of things to impeach Obama about that he got away with because the current Republicans are gutless wimps that were afraid of being called racists.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Lumenari

A passive Progressive.

Oh hell, you owe me a keyboard!

LOLZ!!!

Did you spit up again, Cowboy?

Define progressive. Hell for that matter, define passive.

I know you have the ability to think logically beyond the blinders. Enlighten me.

You?

I'd define you as a "Respected Foe". Remember those?

Personally, if you, me, Lumenari all sat down and opened a bottle of scotch, we'd just end up laughing a lot and then getting embarrassing tattoos.

Technically it would be tequila for me and I'd end up showing you two my embarrassing tattoos...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

A passive Progressive.

LOLZ!!!

I know you have the ability to think logically beyond the blinders. Enlighten me.

You?

Personally, if you, me, Lumenari all sat down and opened a bottle of scotch, we'd just end up laughing a lot and then getting embarrassing tattoos.

I know I know. Same here. Respected Foe works for me.

I'm sure we would all get along in person, probably quite famously. You're both (you and Luminari) obviously intelligent, you stand up for your beliefs, and you have a sense of humor.

I've been working on staying out of pissing matches. I guess tonight I left my umbrella somewheres.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

A pity.

Wish I would have known you when I lived in Williston.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

A passive Progressive.

LOLZ!!!

You?

Technically it would be tequila for me and I'd end up showing you two my embarrassing tattoos...

Sober now 27 years. I'll have to settle for Coke Zero.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

A passive Progressive.

LOLZ!!!

You?

I know I know. Same here. Respected Foe works for me.

I'm sure we would all get along in person, probably quite famously. You're both (you and Luminari) obviously intelligent, you stand up for your beliefs, and you have a sense of humor.

I've been working on staying out of pissing matches. I guess tonight I left my umbrella somewheres.

If it's any consolation, if you were the typical leftist zombie on here I wouldn't normally reply to you.

I like the term Respected Foe... I don't remember hearing the term before.

I can apply it to you rather easily because it fits.

I respect your posts (and by extension, you) because you bring something to the table intellectually, can give what you take and have never gone off the deep end on me with straight up personal attacks.

You make me think and research and question my beliefs.

Which to me is valuable.

You can't sharpen a knife without a stone, after all.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 It absolutely sucks, but I think that's what things have come to. It's a douche or turd sandwich. I just try to choose which brings more actual results that I like. It seems that is all we can hope for. Just enough to make us feel it is all okay.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Sorry about the dyslexia. You do really well with spelling, far better than many of the folks I've worked with in the past, if it matters to you, no offense was intended, I merely wanted to understand what you were saying, not correct your spelling. If I were doing that I would have done it in the first post, but it's against T&C so ...

Yeah, we disagree with each other on why the Democrats are doing impeachment. That Trump is a clear and present danger to the existing United States and the world order is more than obvious to me. That he's done any number of illegal/impeachable things while in office is also crystal clear. I also know that opinions vary on that point.

Some of us are consumed by ego. Mr. Trump was at one point, but I don't think that's his big problem now.

I do believe that the Democrats are in general "stupid" ... and by that I mean out of touch, badly organized, scattered, scracting for political gain, etc. Above all that, they're politicians, and in my book they're all dangerous psychopaths.

Thanks for sharing your ideas with me. I really didn't mean any offense in the spelling out of ideologues.

No offense taken; you did nothing wrong. I was apologising for being unclear; as it can lead to misunderstanding.

However I simply can not fathom the belief that "Trump is a clear and present danger to the existing United States". I look out my window into the real world and can not find a single thing that has remarkably changed since he has taken over the White House... I look into the future and all of the big problems this country will face have been around and growing since befor he was even considering running for office. Its hard for me to see any clear and present danger in Trump. At best he is attempting unconventional means to solve some problems and at worst he is a buffoon who will be a distant memory soon enough, impeachment or no impeachment. In fact the only lasting thing I can think of that he has accomplished have been his court picks; he has made the judiciary more conservative than it once was ... but since I am not afraid of conservatism I can't see that as a clear and present danger.

As for him preforming any number of illegal things ... on that I could be persuaded; however when I compare him to those who came before him and those who oppose him now, again I see no remarkable difference. Is 2019 the year we as Americans stand up and demand better of all our political leaders? Then sign me up for a pitch fork. However if we only have enough stamina and awareness to tar and feather one politician than I'd rather just stay home.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You're a cagey poster, no doubt. Your points are clear, and while you may use ... quesionable logic ... at times, so do I, at times. Appeals to emotion. etc.

Like you, if I didn't respect you, I wouldn't respond to you. Perhaps I can say I hope we both irritate each other equally.

Until next time, Respected Foe ...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You're a cagey poster, no doubt. Your points are clear, and while you may use ... quesionable logic ... at times, so do I, at times. Appeals to emotion. etc.

Like you, if I didn't respect you, I wouldn't respond to you. Perhaps I can say I hope we both irritate each other equally.

Until next time, Respected Foe ...

Whatever.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Well, to explain what I really mean by "clear and present danger" I'd have to delve into my own beliefs which is just not appropriate in the open forum. I'll try to tell you what I mean briefly.

I believe that Trump is a cultural phenomenon, one of those "man whose time has come" persons that swell up beyond their own wants and goals and become almost ... possessed or at least used ... by large-scale cultural forces.

The United States and the world have been in a stalemate for about two decades. The life is going out of us. We're bickering and snapping at each other like good little primates dancing and cavorting for our masters ... the real TPTB not these silly partisan platitudes about Da Deeep State and so forth.

Mr. Trump is a Bringer of Change ... and that's rarely what could be a fun time to live through. American institutions are being rattled, international alliances are being shattered and reforged ... etc. etc. etc.

Trump's a pawn of Chaos in short. He's dangerous in the way a new born baby is dangerous.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

HA!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Well, to explain what I really mean by "clear and present danger" I'd have to delve into my own beliefs which is just not appropriate in the open forum. I'll try to tell you what I mean briefly.

I believe that Trump is a cultural phenomenon, one of those "man whose time has come" persons that swell up beyond their own wants and goals and become almost ... possessed or at least used ... by large-scale cultural forces.

The United States and the world have been in a stalemate for about two decades. The life is going out of us. We're bickering and snapping at each other like good little primates dancing and cavorting for our masters ... the real TPTB not these silly partisan platitudes about Da Deeep State and so forth.

Mr. Trump is a Bringer of Change ... and that's rarely what could be a fun time to live through. American institutions are being rattled, international alliances are being shattered and reforged ... etc. etc. etc.

Trump's a pawn of Chaos in short. He's dangerous in the way a new born baby is dangerous.

Now that I understand.

I personally voted for Trump in 2016 because I did see him as the best "Bringer of Change" in the contest ... and frankly the best "Bringer of Change" to come along in a while.

I can understand why that might be dangerous; but at the same time the "stalemate" certainly wasn't working.

It might not be fun to live through while American institutions are being rattled and international alliances reforged; and its possible that any change that occurs out of it could be for the worse...

... But I'd like to think that Humanity will rise above any such thing. We always have when challenged by such change in the past.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
With how the Democratic house is acting, I am sure glad we do not have a Democrat in the white house. They are twisting every rule they want to ignore, we do not need people like that running our country. I actually think that if the Democrats, as they are acting lately, would tear this country into pieces.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here comes the "Sale-/-umm" witch hunt !!!!! 🦇🦇🦇🐡

Schiff: I’m Concerned Republicans Will Propose Witnesses to ‘Smear’ Trump’s Opponents

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   
This too shall pass.

The Dems are striking out with witness after witness. Even the anti-Trump witnesses are bringing nothing that can be used as a “charge”.

12 months to go. They’re playing their last card MUCH earlier than they anticipated.

Honestly, they had a better impeachment case with the “obstruction” in the Mueller Hoax.

This HAS to be less about getting Trump and more about shield/deflection attempt against the Barr/Durham/Horowitz beatdown headed their way.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Here comes the "Sale-/-umm" witch hunt !!!!! 🦇🦇🦇🐡

Schiff: I’m Concerned Republicans Will Propose Witnesses to ‘Smear’ Trump’s Opponents

So Schiff is going on record stating that he won't allow any witnesses that will harm his narrative.

Nothing partisan there...

Let's hope Gaetz's Ethics Violation complaint against Schiff gains some traction.

I mean seriously... how can the left keep defending this Schiff?

It's actual clown world now.

The only bright spot in this is that more and more voters are repulsed by the Democrat's actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Oh yeah; wait until Nadler’s committee takes over the “official” impeachment. Yes, that’s right, Shifty’s Intel Committee is not the correct one for impeachment.

I think they’re preventing Nadler from stroking out right in the middle of the process.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join