It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment Resolution ‘Loophole’ Allows Democrats to Reject White House Witnesses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Can’t name his opponent

Funny that

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Don't agree with your conclusions, but that's an excellent well-written post!

Evidence based, clear, free of fallacies.

For what it's worth ...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deplorable
I don't know about that - but he certainly could ask for a vote on whether or not to open the proceedings.
If it fails, the spectacle & expense (time is money) of a trial can be avoided altogether.
I guess maybe he has the power not to even bring it to the floor... but I certain he'd have to call some sort of vote.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: DanDanDat

219 affirmative votes in the House and Trump could be impeached for his hairpiece.

That's the power of the House authorized in the Constitution.

File this under "Abuse of Power."

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Don't agree with your conclusions, but that's an excellent well-written post!

Evidence based, clear, free of fallacies.

For what it's worth ...

Hank , is that you ?
How is Guam doing ?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
a reply to: Deplorable
I don't know about that - but he certainly could ask for a vote on whether or not to open the proceedings.
If it fails, the spectacle & expense (time is money) of a trial can be avoided altogether.
I guess maybe he has the power not to even bring it to the floor... but I certain he'd have to call some sort of vote.

ganjoa

The Constitution is fairly clear, if the President is impeached the Chief Justice presides over the trial in the Senate.

I don't see Roberts choosing to appear partisan.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

219 affirmative votes in the House and Trump could be impeached for his hairpiece.

File this under "Abuse of Power."

LOL ... yeah but they can't be impeached for it.

No system is perfect.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sure, ends always justify the means when your an idealog.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This all comes down to election 2020.

Dems know they're going to lose "bigly" because the economy is too good, too many people are happy, they need an excuse.

Now they can say that the dems lost (not because of communism candidates and gun grabbing) but because they tried to impeach a sitting president.

They have their excuse ready-made.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

LOL. I guess the Founders were idealogs then.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

This all comes down to election 2020.

Dems know they're going to lose "bigly" because the economy is too good, too many people are happy, they need an excuse.

Now they can say that the dems lost (not because of communism candidates and gun grabbing) but because they tried to impeach a sitting president.

They have their excuse ready-made.

If the Democrats lose they will do it in prime Democrat fashion. Nominate someone unelectable, piss off half the country, etc.

The strength of the economy is a point in Trump's favor whether or not it's his doing.

I agree that the Democratic leadership made a cowardly, snivelling political decision as to where and when to start impeachment.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Democrats will nominate someone who will not win, but will appease the extreme of their base.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
“If” the dEms lose

When they lose next year it will be because the Republican candidate (President Trump) has so much support from the people.

I imagine not one dem supporter will be screeching the words “popular vote” this time around

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Democrats will nominate someone who will not win, but will appease the extreme of their base.

That's the problem ... the extremes are not the middle, but the media only promotes the extremes.

I'm tired of the puppet show.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

That's the problem ... the extremes are not the middle, but the media only promotes the extremes.

Who do you consider democrat extremes and democrat moderates, in the current race?

Honest question.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

LOL. I guess the Founders were idealogs then.

I'm sure some of them where.

However the founder's didn't try to impeach members of other political parties just because they lost in the last presidential election ... they did just collectively fought a war for their independence; so they likely had more loyalty toward country and their fellow countrymen than our current crop of polititions. That kinda thing helps to put feelings of sour grapes and personal ambitions in to prospective.
edit on 31-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Democrats have locked in my vote for Trump. All by their own actions. I will simply vote for what pisses them off again. I was a democrat not long ago, but now they disgust me. I honestly don't like republicans much better, but democrats have pushed me to this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Who do you consider democrat extremes and democrat moderates, in the current race?

Honest question.

Do you mind if I just do the "front runners" ?

Bernie and Warren are extremists. Beto is pretty extreme.

Harris, and Buttigieg, Gabbard are middle-left.

Biden is centrist-right.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucky109
Democrats have locked in my vote for Trump. All by their own actions. I will simply vote for what pisses them off again. I was a democrat not long ago, but now they disgust me. I honestly don't like republicans much better, but democrats have pushed me to this point.

Join the club. I've been voting against candidates and parties since 1984.

Welcome.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

a reply to: RazorV66

I don't think it was illegal either, but if it's impeachable, Trump not only said it on the phone call but said it again on air.

Doesn't have to be illegal to be impeachable, for example, bringing dishonor to the office, violating the Constitution, etc.

What "it" do you keep referring to? What did he say that you think is grounds for impeachment? Asking Zelensky to do him a favor?

LOL ...

The House is conducting an impeachment inquiry based on several matters. The one that gets all the attention so far is the "Ukraine Quid Pro Quo" that you were referring to in the post I responded to. Have you already forgotten what you were talking about?

I do not think the "Ukraine Quid Pro Quo" was illegal. If the Democrats get 219 votes then the "Ukraine Quid Pro Quo" is impeachable.

Clear?

But that's the problem, none of the "issues" are impeachable offenses. Everyone but the main players in the House know it. And there was no QPQ in that phone call unless you've seen a different transcript than everyone else.

Clear?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join