It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist Jack-O-Lanterns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ATS!

A small, local, Nyack, NY law firm bought a couple of black-painted pumpkins from Bed Bath & Beyond...and had them placed on the firm's front steps as part of a Halloween display.

Being good little Leftists...some Nyack citizens called this display Racist...and promptly brought in the NAACP to declare these pumpkins were wearing 'Blackface' and so naturally are Racist and insensitive.

Bed Bath & Beyond...fearing retribution...promptly ceased selling them.

Orange & Black are the traditional Halloween colors...but, apparently, only Orange is now politically correct.

BE ADVISED: Anyone buying, selling or displaying black Jack-O-Lanterns this Halloween...is a RACIST...SO SAYS the NAACP.

ARTICLE:

Bed, Bath & Beyond Removes Black Jack-O'-Lanterns After Backlash - 'Extreme Lack of Sensitivity'

If there are two colors that you associate with Halloween, they’re orange and black. Given this, you would think that a black jack-o’-lantern wouldn’t spark that much controversy.

However, Bed, Bath & Beyond has taken black decorative pumpkins off of its shelves after two of them sparked a controversy in Nyack, New York.

According to News 12, the pumpkins — which have white lips, eyes and noses — first became an issue when they were put out on the front porch of a law firm in the New York village.

The law firm began to receive complaints that the pumpkins looked like they were in blackface. Not only that, but the local NAACP chapter got involved, too.

Displaying the pumpkins “shows an extreme lack of sensitivity,” according to NAACP regional director Wilbur Aldridge.
“By now I would believe everyone [would] know that anything in Black face is offensive,” Aldridge said.
“Equally as offensive is that a retail store would have such an item in [their] inventory for general purchase.”

Well, no longer — Bed, Bath & Beyond has taken them off of its shelves.

www.westernjournal.com...
edit on 31-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
That has to be Justin Trudeau's house.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So does that mean everyone with an orange face Jack-I-lantern is a trump voter?

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They are pumpkins.
Fricken pumpkins.
Not people.
WTF is wrong with some people.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

ORANGE PUMPKIN BAD!

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I’m fed up with this bullsh!t.
These clowns have absolutely lost their #ing marbles.
It’s a mental illness for which there is no cure.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
lol.

Some people are suffering from PDS.

It seems that some people think BPB.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Theres a thread further down about white people being reluctant to live in areas black people move into.

Things like this are one of several probable explanations.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What about orange tabby cats using black fur face ? 😃

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

ORANGE PUMPKIN BAD!

Black Pumpkin Bad.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Semi unrelated:

I had Ancient Aliens playing on TV at my restaurant last week. I asked a customer if there was anything else I could do for him, he said: "Change the $%&*ing channel".

I replied "It's Ancient Aliens, I don't understand". To which he responded "They're talking about @&^%ing Nazis. Are you a Nazi?"

"Uhhh..no. I had no idea Ancient Aliens was a Nazi show"

"You need to %$#@ing KNOW everything that goes on the television if you're going to run a business! Mother %$#@er!"

The world is insane. You never know what's going to trigger someone from one day to the next.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Black pumpkins have been around for years.
They weren't offensive until now...

People are just looking for things to offend them.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

People who take offense at black pumpkin, BAD!

Pumpkins are not People! Now if they put the pumpkin on top of an effigy of a person, maybe...and I mean MAYBE, there would be case for at least insensitivity. If said effigy were being lynched or forced to perform a minstrel show, then yes, that WOULD BE racist.

A completely black pumpkin on a hay bale? NO, not racist. If the only part of the pumpkin that was black was the "face", then they might have a point.

Are the green pumpkins racist against ETs? Are the white pumpkins racist against Caucasians?

Get off your high horse, the air must be too thin up there and you can't think straight!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Black pumpkins have been around for years.
They weren't offensive until now...

People are just looking for things to offend them.

It's the progressive way. When you run out of things to be offended by just look around, you can find something.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Get off your high horse

That is very offensive to short horses sir.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think we can all agree how out of control people have gotten waiting to be the first to catch something to find offence or a politically correct faux pas of sorts. Out of control, trying to be in Control.

It's certainly time for people to take a stand and say No More, no apology, and not indulge these bent on controlling everything they possibly can.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Yeah, the only problem is that the media fuels their desire to find things to take offense at and crucifies any who dare disagree. Non stop coverage of the racists pumpkins and their victims until they cave in and admit what horrible people they were to have racist decorations on their steps.

Hard to stay in business when people start picketing and vandalizing your business over this manufactured outrage, no matter how frivolous it is. (I'm not saying that this has happened yet, but it is usually phase 2 of these situations if the person/business doesn't immediately cave in to their "victims")

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

Yeah, the only problem is that the media fuels their desire to find things to take offense at and crucifies any who dare disagree. Non stop coverage of the racists pumpkins and their victims until they cave in and admit what horrible people they were to have racist decorations on their steps.

Hard to stay in business when people start picketing and vandalizing your business over this manufactured outrage, no matter how frivolous it is. (I'm not saying that this has happened yet, but it is usually phase 2 of these situations if the person/business doesn't immediately cave in to their "victims")

I'm sure angry, faux-offended mobs have already been deluging this small business with condemnation.
Bed Bath & Beyond will likely be boycotted for selling these abominations.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

But I thought Orange, was the new Black??!!!

Omg...our President IS black!

The leftists are all racists!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

They only have themselves to blame for Trump's win.

It's all on them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join