It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green New Deal? Israel steps closer to winning the race to serve cultured meat!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

In the race to produce and serve cell-cultured meat, the facility would make Israel a front-runner, standing toe-to-toe with the US and Singapore as a possible introductory market. The plan caught the attention of Matt Walker, the managing director of S2G Ventures, a Chicago-based venture capital firm. In early October, Future Meat Technologies announced it raised $14 million in its latest funding round, with S2G Ventures leading the round.

Green New Deal? Israel steps closer to winning the race to serve cultured meat!

This article just appeared several days ago. It also comes on the heels of another from Harvard University. It appears that across the world that the cultured-meat process has been worked out. What remains is the flavor and texture however they are getting quite close to getting it right. So why all of the stomping on meat by the progressive in the know Green New Deal people who are shoving this green new deal down everyone's throat. They obviously must be aware of this science which has been ongoing for over a decade. Or are they simply grabbing a headline knowing that the meat industry may be undergoing a quantum leap, thus they can say they did it and claim credibility.

Harvard scientists have engineered a structural innovation in lab-grown meat that gives it a more palatable, realistic texture, according to a paper published in Science of Food last week. Led by bioengineering research associate Luke A. MacQueen, the team induced cow and rabbit muscle cells to grow on gelatin scaffolds, which lend the product a fibrous “mouth-feel” characteristic of meat. By contrast, the previous method available — which McQueen described as growing an unstructured “pile of cells” — deprives the consumer of a “tender” texture.

Harvard Cultured Meat

So what say you
edit on 31-10-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Feed a man a steak, he's fed for a day.
Teach a man how to make his own meat in a lab, and he's fed for a life time.

idk, I've yet to try the faux meat vege ones we have here. but I am certainly not opposed to it. And with this, the workers can kick test tubes around as much as they like, really. Save a chook, eat a laburger.

... hungry now..

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I'm just going out on a limb here, but I feel like Israel is in it for a different reason. Being as much of the culture doesn't eat pork, I imagine the demand on beef is higher in an area that isn't as suitable as say the US at ranching. Being they very small country they are, with already challenging fresh water acquisition, I feel as if lab grown protein may just be a form of economic independence for something as vital as food.

I wish we had more Israeli members who could chime in on this and many other topics concerning their country.
edit on 31-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
I wish we had more Israeli members who could chime in on this and many other topics concerning their country.

Yeah, too bad Congress isn't a member here...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

idk, I've yet to try the faux meat vege ones we have here. but I am certainly not opposed to it. And with this, the workers can kick test tubes around as much as they like, really. Save a chook, eat a laburger.

... hungry now..

Lucky there's an excess of race horse meat on the market or we would have to grow our own too.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This could be great, I'm all in if it's a safe product.

I was vegetarian/vegan from the time I was 15 until my early thirties, I still don't particularly like the idea of eating meat, but I feel so much healthier with it in my diet, I would give this a try.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: gallop

... hungry now..

Lucky there's an excess of race horse meat on the market or we would have to grow our own too.

You say that just as we're about to hold the Melbourne Cup.... See you there, I'll carry the chains, you carry the pepper spray repulse masks !!!

*Neeeeeigh*

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, too bad Congress isn't a member here...

Those men and women have no nation other than their own self interests 😉

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Just you wait-
I predict this will soon take a turn towards legalised cannibalism.
You will have rich celebrities selling their cells for huuuge money to the cultured meat mega corps who will knock out lines of kardashian rump steaks and clinton jerky.
Advertising campaigns will be like "You are WHO you eat-let your favorite personality become a real part of YOU!"
and "Its not cannibalism if the cells are donated,so EAT UP FOLKS!"

Culty braindead teens will demand they are only served meat made from the cells of their favorite instagram hero/heroine.

There will also be a black market,with DNA hunters robbing the graves of famous historical figures to provide super edgy lenin burgers or bowie bacon.

(In case anyone thinks i am sick in the head-I got this idea from a sci fi novel I once read)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

This doesn't really wig me out, I kind of see it born out of necessity for some.

Will I be buying lab meat, synthetic meat, or vegetable based meat? Nope, I'll gladly pay a dollar or two more a pound for the real stuff.

But if you look at butter alternatives, processed cheese, meats sold by fast food restaurants with insane additives and fillers to stretch the product, synthetic sweeteners... ect, we're long past the day of natural whole foods.

Some countries simply don't have the luxury of vast land like the US and other large nations. Their protein sources are starting to shadow the population growth. Some of these countries live in hostile regions, and if they lose a local trade partner, they could see food costs doubling.

Will this be safe? Probably about as safe as margarine which is a few molecules away from plastic. Moderation will probably make it "OK".

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yeah I wasn't being deadly serious although I wouldn't rule out celeb burgers completley in the future.

But I agree the cultured meat idea is a good one,as long as they do it without any dangerous chemicals and additives.
Anything that stops animal cruellty and frees up precious land/resources/cuts down on co2 has got to be a positive thing in this age of madness.

Doubt if I will be trying it myself being over 30years a veggie,but if its acceptable to regular meat eaters,go for it.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

Try the huge BOCA Burgers. The Original Extra Large. Excellent and almost taste like a real burger. I went vegan for 4 weeks to get my liver function blood stats down and found this guy was the best of the best. Only problem is you cant grill it. It must be pan fried r microwaved.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Its probably made from ground up Palestinians.

Soylent Green anyone?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What the huge BOCA Burgers? I wonder if humans can eat Milorganite?

Milorganite is one of the oldest branded fertilizers on the market. It’s composed of heat-dried microbes that have digested the organic matter in wastewater. Milorganite is manufactured by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District. The District captures wastewater from the metropolitan Milwaukee area, including local industries such as MillerCoors. Using large-scale processes that mimic nature, microbes digest the nutrients found in the water. The cleaned water is returned to Lake Michigan while the microbes are kiln-dried into small pellets. So Milorganite is actually a bag of dried microbes!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

This doesn't really wig me out, I kind of see it born out of necessity for some.

South park did a good episode on this last week. 'I'm a goo man...'.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Mate, we will eat anything if we are hungry enough or it's in demand, even each other.

Take Kopi Luwak coffee for instance, which is the most expensive in the world, and made from the bean droppings of a Civet.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
if the inter-nationalists are 'creating' it, we are doomed.

their main motto is conquest and profit. they do not care about people per se. (see wars and taxes.)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I like the idea, personally, and would certainly try it. I see it as a win-win situation for humans and animals, and I think that Critical's point about its use in poorer countries is excellent.

We'll pay more for "on the hoof" meat after that, but I'm fine with it. I've been buying and enjoying some of the "meatless" burgers at the fast food chains. They're not perfect, but they're a good addition to the menu.

I look forward to a bacon substitute and a calamari substitute.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If my hamburger doesn't come from an animal that never mooed, I don't want it. If my chicken sandwich did not come from a real chicken, they can con someone else into eating it.

We evolved with nature, our bodies know how to handle foods our ancestors ate. None of them ever ate fake meat unless it came in a Spam can.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'm with you for the most part. My personal diet opts for more natural food. I usually cook at home, and I use butter rather than something unnatural, I buy meat that looks good, and get produce that I prep.

That said, the butter and meat have antibiotics unless "organic" which is used in the US loosely, and the produce is GMO and peppered with pesticides.

Our ancestors also didn't have light other than fire until a few generations back, cars and planes that propelled them at death speed, reliable surgery, medication, or vaccines... Yet some of the very things that many cast shade on in it's infancy has helped propel humanity as a whole.

Luckily we get the choice in America to vote with our dollar, others don't have this luxury and will only survive if technology allows them to live outside the natural laws.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join