It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Congressman who was Actually Impeached Helps Write Impeachment Rules

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The Democrat Irony gets thicker with every new story.

Now we have Congressman Alcee Hastings sitting on The House Rules Committee helping set rules for Impeachment.

Hastings himself was actually impeached and yes, Removed in 1989 !!!!

He was a Federal Judge "at the time" and got convicted and removed for wait for it ........ yup...Bribery 😀😀

It's thicker than a Brick as they say because he actually got elected to Congress (in 1992) after all that !!! 😆

Democrat Alcee Hastings, Who Was Impeached and Removed, Makes Impeachment Rules

Rep. Alcee Hastings (D-FL) is the second-ranking Democrat on the House Rules Committee, which is setting the rules for the “impeachment inquiry” into President Donald Trump. Hastings himself was impeached and removed from office in 1989 — one of only eight federal officials, all of whom have been judges, so be so relieved of their duties.

Hastings was removed for bribery, one of the causes enumerated in the Constitution’s Impeachment Clause (Article II, Section 4): “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

"I'd like a word with Congressman Hastings"

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hopefully you will stand for the rule of law for both parties. I'm glad the effer was impeached.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Hopefully you will stand for the rule of law for both parties. I'm glad the effer was impeached.

Yeah and then he got elected to Congress as an impeached and removed judge bwaaahahahahha 😃

Hastings is one that wholeheartedly believes the "rules of law" works in both directions 😃😃😃😃😃😃

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I guess this proves that our elections are faked and manipulated.

The only other option would be to say that the voters in Alcee Hastings district are STUPID. Who would be brave enough to say that?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

edit on 31-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Yeah and then he got elected to Congress as an impeached and removed judge bwaaahahahahha 😃

Hastings is one that wholeheartedly believes the "rules of law" works in both directions 😃😃😃😃😃😃

Seen the movie " catch me if you can " ?

Sometimes the best person for the job is the one that knows how the game works.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow

Are there no limits to the depths you guys will sink to?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yet Democrats voted him into office. Anyone who votes that man into office loses the right to complain about Trump or anyone else being corrupt.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Wow

Are there no limits to the depths you guys will sink to?

I know right, I represent what you think everyone else thinks.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Don't worry, it's coming.

"When John “I Drink The Blood Of Corpses” Bolton is the hero of a story, that story is just awful, but here we are. Gordon Sondland was one of many Trump officials who took it in the teeth during Vindman’s testimony on Tuesday. One hopes he knows a lawyer with experience in perjury cases. Sondland needs to have that cat on speed-dial."

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yet Democrats voted him into office. Anyone who votes that man into office loses the right to complain about Trump or anyone else being corrupt.

I don't think you understand the way hardball politics work. You should not expect the Democrats to behave a certain way. What you should do, and this what Trump did not do, is make sure the Democrats don't have enough rope to hang your arse. Trump is his own worse enemy. You Republicans need to stop having great expectations of the Democrats not to play hardball politics. Instead, you need to get your man to close his mouth and stop incriminating himself on television.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Wait, I thought one of the stipulations of having been impeached is that it then makes one ineligible for future federal office?

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
emphasis mine

U.S. Constitution

What gives?
edit on 31-10-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: Fixed closing ex tag

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Wait, I thought one of the stipulations of having been impeached is that it then makes one ineligible for future federal office?

Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.
emphasis mine

U.S. Constitution

What gives?

Says you cant enjoy any office of honor. There is no honor in Congress...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The entire process reeks of liberalism and corruption. I was once a Democrat, never again will I pull the big D lever. Good luck to President Trump.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Hastings himself was actually impeached and yes, Removed in 1989 !!!!

He was a Federal Judge "at the time" and got convicted and removed for wait for it ........ yup...Bribery 😀😀

So, has anyone gone and checked whether or not he was also banned from holding office? Wouldn't that be interesting if he had been, and this little gem had gone overlooked when he ran for Congress?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

What gives?

They are two separate and distinct punishments.

He could have been removed, without also being banned from public office (see my question as to whether or not he was)...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

From OP Link...In one telling exchange, Hastings argued that due process rights did not apply to the president during impeachment, which he likened to the grand jury stage of a criminal trial.

Rep. Debbie Lesko (R-AZ) countered that grand jury proceedings are meant to be secret, yet Democrats keep leading bits of testimony to the media.

this statement (Hastings') was made in the House Rules Committee hearing proceedings...

ergo, since all 17 'Defense" proposals mustered by the GOP were rejected, the Impeachment of DJ Trump seems like 97% to happen...Pelosi wins & all future elections will be better controled than the 'outsider win' in 2016

ETA: I think the Supreme Court will need to decide about 'Due Process' during all stages of Presidential Impeachment

edit on st31157253151231182019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

the Votes in that particular District were enough to put him in office, they were not all live, eligible, Democrat voters as you imply

the fake early ballots by mail, & the Tombstone voter-roll-call could very well have been used to achieve that first election victory

ETA: the 20th district in FL -->

Florida's 20th Congressional District election, 2016 ...
ballotpedia.org...'s_20th_Congressional_District_election,_2016

Florida's 20th Congressional District is located in southeastern Florida and includes portions of Henry, Palm Beach and Broward counties.

do We all recall the Odd stuff going on down there in Broward County ??

the Parkland school shootings... the Stand-down policeman
the nutbag bomber, living in a Trump MAGA covered Van, who mailed pseudo bombs to a wide variety of politicians
the Sheriff in Broward county that got removed...

all connected with the 'Strong Cities' an NGO linked to the UN...
this Florida representative comes from that cauldron of evil influences around Lauderdale/palm beach
edit on st31157253382231572019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
ETA: I think the Supreme Court will need to decide about 'Due Process' during all stages of Presidential Impeachment

In Nixon v. United States the court ruled "the federal courts have no jurisdiction over Senate impeachment matters."

I wouldn't depend on the SCOTUS for much in regards to impeachment proceedings.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

originally posted by: St Udio

In Nixon v. United States the court ruled "the federal courts have no jurisdiction over Senate impeachment matters."
I wouldn't depend on the SCOTUS for much in regards to impeachment proceedings.

Well, at present the matter is in the House-of-Representatives that is controlled by Pelosi
and its not in the Senate Impeachment Hearings or Senate Impeachment Trial

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join