It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potato crop down a lot, Wheat down a lot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

And a little real news on crop harvesting equals to at least a few millions dead by starvation.

The stock market, serves no real purpose but that human like to gamble. And such a thing can only exist when civilizations have an excesses, and an excess in idiocy.

As soon as there is a real crisis. All that #. Means jack squat. Which is why for the past hundreds of years, most and everything people hear on the news, is just make believe. Just like revolutions are never televised, so to when it comes for many to die. It will not be televised or in the papers or blogs either.

So far, I don't think most food crops have all that much to worry about. But that wont always be the case.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
I keep hearing this kind of thing. Alarmists telling me that food prices are gonna skyrocket very soon. I just haven't seen it. I've been hearing this for more than a year and the prices I pay for food (in general) have not gone up much at all in that time. I have not seen any empty shelves or drastically higher prices on anything.

Exactly....

Food prices are tied more to the strength of the dollar than to actual food crops.

It's not a supply and demand market anymore. Speculation rules the day in the commodities market. They don't call them pork bellies for nothing.

That most likely sounds like gobbledygook to many folk around here, interesting times we live in for sure.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

It isn’t supposed to be this cold in October. The official start of winter is still almost two months away, and yet the weather in much of the western half of the country right now resembles what we might expect in mid-January. All-time record lows for the month of October are being set in city after city, and this extremely cold air is going to push into the Midwest by the end of the week.

Temperatures in the heartland will be up to 50 degrees below normal, and unfortunately about half of all corn still has not been harvested. Due to unprecedented rainfall and extreme flooding early in the year, many farmers faced extraordinary delays in getting their crops planted, and so they were hoping that good weather at the end of the season would provide time for the crops to fully mature and be harvested. Unfortunately, a nightmare scenario has materialized instead. A couple of monster snow storms have already roared through the Midwest, and now record low temperatures threaten to absolutely wreck the rest of the harvest season.

When temperatures get significantly below zero for more than a few hours, scientists tell us that it will kill standing corn…

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

These poor crop figures are being reported world wide. Share market drops are loosely in synch with Solar activity, that might mean that weather and crop production underpins human economic activity. However this time the share market is going bananas, but its faked with unnatural Fed intervention. QE etc. All the Central Banks are reacting as one. Probably to avoid any undue panic, it might be ok this year we might scrape through, but its a timely warning. Which will be ignored as we are supposed to be warming up.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I try not to eat potatoes and wheat so I'm good.

Rice is actually the key...White rice also stores for 20 years...

edit on 1-11-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The truth is if you are in the know, you can wander through a bit of wooded area and come out with a meal the other side, like vine leaves make a great salad most fungi are edible, some will kill you. rabbits are a underrated food source, probably because they are free. You can tap most trees and get some great nutrient. People these days wouldn't have a clue But if you have some spuds planted you wont starve. You could plant them anywhere as most people wouldn't know what to dig for. Seaweed makes a good food source for man and beast as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Corn and soybeans are rotting on the ground and crops rotting in the field. Keep those prices up at all costs.

If you know how the mkt. works, you can profit from trumps tariffs otherwise you pay more at the checkout line. Capitalism at work....

www.washingtonpost.com... 2e98c13528d_story.html

www.businessinsider.com...
edit on 1-11-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I can grow potatoes under my sink in my kitchen, why would I be worried about that?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

The truth is if you are in the know, you can wander through a bit of wooded area and come out with a meal the other side, like vine leaves make a great salad most fungi are edible, some will kill you. rabbits are a underrated food source, probably because they are free. You can tap most trees and get some great nutrient. People these days wouldn't have a clue But if you have some spuds planted you wont starve. You could plant them anywhere as most people wouldn't know what to dig for. Seaweed makes a good food source for man and beast as well.

True, but buy yourself 20 50lbs bags of rice, keep it in a dry place and you got a lot of good too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join