It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'I could see the demons': An exorcism in Arkansas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Klassified

Not at all. I used to be one of those religious people. I've just learned there are explanations that make a lot more sense than superstitious beliefs from thousands of years ago.

What explanations are those? Earlier you said that there are things you experienced that you didn't understand or could explain.

Back when I was an elder in the church, we were praying for a woman who weighed about 350 pounds. She fell backward as straight as a board and hit the floor so hard that I just knew we needed to call an ambulance. Instead, she got up smiling and giddy, not a bruise or bump on her. At the time I thought maybe an angel broke her fall. I'm still amazed that anyone can hit a tiled concrete floor that hard and suffer no ill effects. If I hadn't witnessed it and heard the sound of her body and head hitting that floor, I might not believe it, but I did. I have no real explanation, but defaulting to God or angels because I don't understand the physics of something is not the way to learn what happened.
edit on 10/31/2019 by Klassified because: oopsies

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I have no real explanation, but defaulting to God or angels because I don't understand the physics of something is not the way to learn what happened.

So, we still don't have an explanation. That's fine, but that's why ALL explanations should be considered and up for debate without automatically ruling one of them out.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

But... she's the only one that saw them. How is that credible?

Our brain quite literally hallucinates every night when we go through REM sleep. It creates figures and voices and scenarios and it all seems quite real. The brain uses two chemicals to paralyze our muscles or we would be twitching and moving the same way we do in our dreams. Within our brain, that is real.

For some people, this overlaps and the brain does the same type of hallucinating while awake. Occam's razor dictates she seek medical help instead.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I have no real explanation, but defaulting to God or angels because I don't understand the physics of something is not the way to learn what happened.

So, we still don't have an explanation. That's fine, but that's why ALL explanations should be considered and up for debate without automatically ruling one of them out.

ALL that have evidence to support them, yes.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

For some people, this overlaps and the brain does the same type of hallucinating while awake. Occam's razor dictates she seek medical help instead.

She already did and no one was able to help her.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi
a reply to: Blueracer

How is that credible?

Where did you see that I said it was credible? Or not?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

a reply to: GreenGunther

There’s 0% proof for nonsense like demons, yet people love to indulge their deluded 16th century self.
It’s 2019 man, if we haven’t found ANY evidence for this by now well...

There's plenty of proof and evidence, but some people refuse to acknowledge it. Not much different than the blind mindset of some in the political world as to what's really going on. Most people will believe what they want regardless of proof or evidence. That's the nature of the beast/demons and how they work!

All I see are journalists making fun of a ladies mental illness, which I believe is really messed up.

The article explains that doctors tried to diagnose her and gave her all kinds of different medications to try and control the chemical imbalance they claimed she had, however, nothing was working. The difference is that the exorcism worked when the medication didn't.

This woman is trying to spread awareness that this life isn't just physical, but spiritual. Like you, others could claim that your resistance to proof and evidence is really messed up.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t read your post properly, drowning in all this proof and what not...
But yea, keep on indulging peoples mental illness.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Oraculi

She already did and no one was able to help her.

Because American doctors don’t care about diagnosing and treating an illness, all they want is $$$.
Who cares if we fix the problem right? Just give her a bag full of pills, a dent in her bank account and vacation in the Bahama’s for us.

Just because your healthcare system sucks doesn’t make demons a reality

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

Not at all. I used to be one of those religious people. I've just learned there are explanations that make a lot more sense than superstitious beliefs from thousands of years ago.

What explanations are those? Earlier you said that there are things you experienced that you didn't understand or could explain.

Back when I was an elder in the church, we were praying for a woman who weighed about 350 pounds. She fell backward as straight as a board and hit the floor so hard that I just knew we needed to call an ambulance. Instead, she got up smiling and giddy, not a bruise or bump on her. At the time I thought maybe an angel broke her fall. I'm still amazed that anyone can hit a tiled concrete floor that hard and suffer no ill effects. If I hadn't witnessed it and heard the sound of her body and head hitting that floor, I might not believe it, but I did. I have no real explanation, but defaulting to God or angels because I don't understand the physics of something is not the way to learn what happened.

Another way to define that is "denial". After reading everything you just wrote there, that's what you're experience did.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Another way to define that is "denial". After reading everything you just wrote there, that's what you're experience did.

The denial here is that you, Deetermined, and others hypocritically accuse others of what you are guilty of, refusing to acknowledge there are other possibilities that don't require the involvement of a mythological god that has not a shred of evidence for his existence. Why would I default to something that has less credibility than throwing salt over my shoulder?

Strange things happen, and I've had more than my share of them in this life. I'm open to a lot of explanations, even the paranormal and spiritual, but I'll not name and claim one of them as a cause until I see enough evidence for it, especially not stone age deities the human species is still clinging to thousands of years later.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Because adipose tissue can’t break a fall?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

See? Now that's a reasonable question. Absolutely, and I have considered that as an explanation. My issue with that is two fold. I talked with this woman days after the incident. She suffered no bruising and no soreness. Also, I witnessed her head hitting the floor hard enough to cause a concussion at the least. She had no headaches, no bumps, no nothing. I have considered that she may have been less than truthful, but I knew that woman for years, it's not her style or character. Nevertheless, I can't rule it out except to say I saw no symptoms of head trauma.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

See? Now that's a reasonable question. Absolutely, and I have considered that as an explanation. My issue with that is two fold. I talked with this woman days after the incident. She suffered no bruising and no soreness. Also, I witnessed her head hitting the floor hard enough to cause a concussion at the least. She had no headaches, no bumps, no nothing. I have considered that she may have been less than truthful, but I knew that woman for years, it's not her style or character. Nevertheless, I can't rule it out except to say I saw no symptoms of head trauma.

Perhaps the neck fat helped to lesson the impact of the cranium, whilst increasing the decibels produced by the impact.

You’ve heard fat ‘slap’ right?
edit on 1-11-2019 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Perhaps the neck fat helped to lesson the impact of the cranium, whilst increasing the decibels produced by the impact.

You’ve heard fat ‘slap’ right?

Now that's funny.

I wouldn't rule it out, but the sound of a head hitting a tiled floor is kinda distinctive. Who knows, stranger things have happened, but that incident among others has had me curious for years because I witnessed them.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I remember years ago when I was out in the pub with some mates, one of them fell in the toilet and cracked his head so hard we all thought he must be dead. After a few minutes he bounced up with no ill effects whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

The denial here is that you, Deetermined, and others hypocritically accuse others of what you are guilty of, refusing to acknowledge there are other possibilities that don't require the involvement of a mythological god that has not a shred of evidence for his existence. Why would I default to something that has less credibility than throwing salt over my shoulder?

Strange things happen, and I've had more than my share of them in this life. I'm open to a lot of explanations, even the paranormal and spiritual, but I'll not name and claim one of them as a cause until I see enough evidence for it, especially not stone age deities the human species is still clinging to thousands of years later.

And yet you claimed you were an elder in a church yourself, but now all of the sudden after abandoning all of your spiritual commitments you're here ridiculing the whole reality of God and now calling it some myth.

What this says about you is not complimentary.

Perhaps I was wrong and it isn't denial, just anger at some great loss you have suffered in life, and are now living with a bitterness you can't seem to shake. I hope you eventually free yourself from it.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It's comical how people are still confusing mental illness with demon possession. Will we ever grow up and get out of the stupid age of superstition? It's downright ridiculous how religion over rides reality over emotional bs.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's obvious they should have bled the patient with leeches. Oh wait.... that was debunked hundreds of years ago. Ok, then they should've done an exorcism. Oh wait....

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Ha, Searcy, AR is right up the freeway from me, lol. There's A LOT of civil war history in this area (North-West Arkansas) in general. Especially the Pea Ridge area (also nearby). So, I'm not unfamiliar with tales of "haunted" instances and/or paranormal investigations going on in this county, and surrounding counties. Native American tales, as well. The Trail of Tears passes through here, also. Entire area is just history-rich with negativity. A hotbed of negativity from the past, in particular. Other notable haunted places here, are the Peel Mansion in Bentonville, and the Basin Park Hotel in Eureka Springs.

In summation: this story doesn't surprise me, and I believe her.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist

originally posted by: Osirisvset
Lmao! From the link....
"Demonic possession is not recognized as a medical condition by the American Psychiatric Association or the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems"
Seriously though, how many serious mental disorders go untreated because of medieval beliefs like "demonic possession" or more recently, "gangstalking"?
Here on ATS we often get to see first hand members posting about their battles with demons or government mind control/abuse when it's obvious to any sane, grounded onlooker that there are serious, potentially dangerous, medical issues involved that are treatable with the right intervention.
It certainly doesn't help when other members, regardless of intent, make the issue worse by pandering to and reinforcing the delusions whilst undermining any genuine attempts to guide the individual to professional help.

What of poltergeist activity? Is that a mental delusion when one witnesses furniture thrown, slammed etc?

Is there a fine line between an individuals mental structure breaking down and something else taking over ones control?

We dont have all the answers, though we do know mental illness is a real thing like schizophrenia and needs attention.

I'm not saying demons are real, or angels.
Yet I have experienced serious poltergeists activity on several occasions and it has made me question how much the establishments know, and how much they want to bury, also the very nature of our reality and how unseen forces can create audible movements and disrupt the environment around us.

Ah yes. Poltergeist activity. Great proof! You know, aside from the fact that there is literally zero proof whatsoever of it being a real phenomenon, either. Not one piece of evidence. Weird that all of the people who claim to witness these things somehow never think to record them on video!

Tip: when trying to provide evidence that something is real, it may help if your supposed evidence is also real and has some sort of proof. Imaginary evidence doesnt help your cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join