It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US president Barack Obama urges 'politically woke' to get over themselves

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I was awake but after reading the stuff in the thread, I feel like going to sleep. Gee, only eleven thirty at night and I am wore out.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

User generated content shared with the whole of the internet. Yeah we are social media. Used to even have a thing that was like MySpace to a degree. It was too underutilized and overpacked with copyrighted content to make it worth keeping it going. But there were some....original...videos on there lost to the ages.

Yeah, original is the best word to use.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

A lot of people get on Chicago, but people don’t realize Chicago has some beautiful and great neighborhoods. It’s a city of 3 million and you’d be surprised of the many great places in Chicago, despite the bad neighborhoods and their gang and crime issues.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
Obama. The man who did the exact opposite of everything he promised while in office. He expanded the wars in the Middle East, destroyed Libya to keep Africa under the imf and world banks thumb, expanded torture and rendition, had the most draconian persecution of whistle blowers, sold out our healthcare to the insurance corporations, and sold out our people to the big banks. And he says what, now? Who cares.

Not to mention the Obama admin quietly placed children migrants in cages while keeping a tight zip on the cages at the southern borders.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

User generated content shared with the whole of the internet. Yeah we are social media. Used to even have a thing that was like MySpace to a degree. It was too underutilized and overpacked with copyrighted content to make it worth keeping it going. But there were some....original...videos on there lost to the ages.

Yeah, original is the best word to use.

Despite the classification of social media I will continue as an actively participating member.

I don't remember the Myspace type thing? I've actually been coming here since 2010 but had to make a new account after forgetting the old ones details.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Obamas preaching tolerance. No problem with that, such ideas are useful. But they're also useful for present practical politics in terms of the democratic radicals like Bernie and Warren who don’t realize they could lose in a general election. Both times democrats ran radicals, in 1972 and 1984 they lost 49 states.

If I want someone to preach to me about tolerance, I'm gonna question the sincerity of the guy who tried to force me to buy health insurance because he couldn't tolerate the idea of people not going along with his plans.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The individual mandate was the Republican plan since 1986 from the Heritage Foundation.

The Democrats were just dumb enough to include it in their plan, thus, dooming it to failure.

Dumb idea wherever it came from.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Despite the classification of social media I will continue as an actively participating member.

If it makes you feel any better, it could be further classified as, "investigative social media." That's how it was put to me in a complimentary PM I got from a mod a few years ago in response to a thread I did about a private intelligence/security company.

There are some fantastic internet sleuths around that can put together extremely informative and well sourced threads/posts; one just has to sift through shedloads of dreck to find them.
edit on 31-10-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Barak is a gargantuan turd.
He is about to be flushed.
I hope he is not a floater.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: BrianFlanders

The individual mandate was the Republican plan since 1986 from the Heritage Foundation.

Irrelevant. I still don't believe the man who refused to tolerate people not going along with his plans really wants tolerance.

I'm not a Republican or a Democrat. I think the whole system is garbage and government is just the planning headquarters for a great big dairy farm that exists merely to milk us all like cattle and spit out our bones when we stop giving milk. This is not a partisan position. It's a statement of fact. And Obama is just the guy who happened to be at the wheel at that time.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I like, too, how at the bottom of the article they quote Michelle Obama who just goes right back to sowing dissent and disorder...

It's fairly simple, all we have to do is study Germany in the 20th century. Hitler, the phantom most of these woke clowns think they're still fighting against, rose to power on the back of grievances and scapegoats -- much as the same as the social fascist left today. And if it isn't addressed now the end result will be much of the same as well.

I keep trying to get people to understand a simple concept. If Donald Trump was this fascist authoritarian you imagined him to be then you wouldn't be calling him out on social media and in the streets everyday. That doesn't happen under a fascist authoritarian regime. There is, however, certain groups of people losing their right to a voice on social media and even their liveilihoods in the West right now -- and it has nothing to do with criticisms of Trump.

I am a liberal and no fan of Trump. But I would take his blithering stupidity over the menace that is the social fascist left every day of the week. I hope it doesn't have to come to that and the democrats could put forward a reason person for the office of president. However, that is not looking very likely at the moment.

EDIT:

And yes, it is a right to a voice on social media. We are in a new age. No longer are states going to be defined by only their ideology but how the state controls and allows censorship of its technology and the relationship of the society to that technology. For a social media company today to allow censorship of an individual is akin to the inventor of the printing press denying individuals the right to use his machine to print their words simply because he disagreed with them. To say it is these social media companies' right to censor who they disagree with is a crock and dangerously vile.
edit on 31-10-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
On one hand, I think citizens could remember we'll all never fully agree, but most of us are on the same side, wanting the same things just disagreeing on how to get there. It's a conundrum where we need to learn how to go back to truly discussing topics while at the same time growing thicker skin.

On the other hand I have to laugh at who it comes from. A man who's literal platform was "I'm not Bush", "hope and change" and "Imma be so transparent" looked at Bush's foreign policy and domestic security apparatus and said hold my two beers, I need both hands for this.

Listen to momma government and don't get too woke ya'll. I understand that wasn't exactly what he was saying contextually, but I still find it hilarious he words something in such a way to be perceived as such. Considering he's an establishment tool could be puppeted by either party in all reality, I'm really not surprised he still feels he has the clout to preach to us.

This dude actually has a similar ego as Trump, they both just project it differently.
edit on 31-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM

originally posted by: pexx421
Obama. The man who did the exact opposite of everything he promised while in office. He expanded the wars in the Middle East, destroyed Libya to keep Africa under the imf and world banks thumb, expanded torture and rendition, had the most draconian persecution of whistle blowers, sold out our healthcare to the insurance corporations, and sold out our people to the big banks. And he says what, now? Who cares.

What has any of this got to do with what he is saying in the video and article?
The point here is, what he says and what he does don’t match up. A few years back, he did tell his worshipers to get all up
In people faces. I guess now that ANTIFA people are getting arrested and sentenced to jail time (24 yr old in Portland), he has to walk it back to make it look like he’s not the anarchist he really is.
edit on 3-11-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join