It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former US president Barack Obama urges 'politically woke' to get over themselves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'll say it again. The story isn't that he's calling out woke culture.

It's that he's trying to get ahead of what's coming.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Seriously, screw that guy. He did the same things. Ferguson? That guy in Florida that "could have been his son". Whatever Obama, your nonsense is still nonsense.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL. Indigos with healing crystals.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM
I recall him saying generally the same thing years ago though I could not find it to add to the thread. It was something like don't let your ideas of the perfect get in the way of working for the better. Something like that anyways. I recall that because at the time I thought, what a smart thing that was.

Correct,
Pretty much as you could expect from Obama, who for some strange reason, usually speaks to everyone, (as opposed to this threads rah rah, assumptions) and I also recall someone talking about the, "Art of the possible"...in especially politics, much the same thing really.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
For some reason, the family guy elevator fart scene is playing in my head.
"It was you!"

Mr .Smth-Mundt Act was probably the actual "crap-in-the-pool" kid.
The one they made the saying after.

Ummm...yup...once mr sinkers and floaters...weaponized the three letters against the citizens...followed with...”by any means necessary”...what should you expect...

I guess he can actually see the outside...now that he’s there...now he’s bitching about what he helped create...

WTH is with this mea culpa...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hes simply defending his legacy. Yes even his administration cane under attack. They are trying to take down Biden and in doing so attacks the obama presidency

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Perhaps someone finally explained causality to him and he realized that more woke progressive radicals means more Trumpian lunatics emerging on the other side. And if no compromise and civility is sought then this will all end in zero-sum carnage with a total annihilation of one side or the other. And then the "winning" side will collapse under its own wickedness and corruption because one side cannot stand on its own -- it takes both working symbiotically.

Unfortunately, Obama opened this Pandora's Box and it is going to take a lot more than a few pretty speeches to close it -- if it can even be closed again. The monster he helped create views him as little more than a Trotsky traitor at this point so his words will fall on deaf ears.

In short, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Obama's legacy will be illegally spying on his political enemies. People should have stopped him but they also got caught up it in. It's such a powerful weapon. Damn near unstoppable to defeat it but it was defeated. He has to live with that choice the rest of his life and he regrets it.
edit on 30-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Agree.

I am non-partisan too, I just think it's great that the faux moralistic warriors of social media are being called out by someone who they deeply respect.

I don't use social media except LinkedIN for work purposes so luckily for me have minimal exposure to these kind of people.

Ummm...bull#...

Your on a social media site now...and this site is overpopulated with those that think they’re emancipated...that think they’re elevated...

It’s quite amusing to watch...

Funny...funny...Ha...Ha...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Daggone it DB, I was going to do a thread asking whatever happened to the Indigo Children....minutes of study wasted.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Hes simply defending his legacy. Yes even his administration cane under attack. They are trying to take down Biden and in doing so attacks the obama presidency

Ummm...which legacy...might that be...?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Sorry brah, it's cause I'm so woke, I need Niquil just to blink.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Next piece by the washington post: Barrack Obama, Neo-nazi hatemongering racist transphobic bigot brutally defames activists.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Seriously, screw that guy. He did the same things. Ferguson? That guy in Florida that "could have been his son". Whatever Obama, your nonsense is still nonsense.

Seriously agree; it's nice that he is trying to calm down people's wokeness. Too bad he doesn't try to ease the racial war he had a major hand in starting. In fact Michelle had a recent interview in which she says white people fled from the neighborhood when her and President Obama moved to Chicago before he was President. It is not helping unity in our country, which I guess is their goal.

www.fox10phoenix.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Isn't that the neighborhood that's posting a record murder rate?

Yeah, I'm sure those white people moved out because two black people moved in. Makes sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Agree.

I am non-partisan too, I just think it's great that the faux moralistic warriors of social media are being called out by someone who they deeply respect.

I don't use social media except LinkedIN for work purposes so luckily for me have minimal exposure to these kind of people.

Ummm...bull#...

Your on a social media site now...and this site is overpopulated with those that think they’re emancipated...that think they’re elevated...

It’s quite amusing to watch...

Funny...funny...Ha...Ha...

YouSir

Does ATS qualify as social media? If so....damn.

But yes, it is overpopulated with those people.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

He also has to live with that stupid microphone/ cell phone drop during the election.

That look on his face when he did it, followed by the hilarity that shortly ensued is indelibly scorched into my brain for eternity.

He is the embodiment of cringe.

edit on 30-10-2019 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMALLYETALLIAM

Remember when Rahm Emanuel who was part of President Obama's team; then went to become the mayor of Chicago and then Chicago went further down hill from there. Nothing weird there at all.

edit on 30-10-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2019 by Onlyyouknow because: My eyes are failing me

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Obama is a spent force fighting to regain relevancy. Like all politicians he speaks with a forked tongue and his words only mean what you know about him. His deeds tell the tale. The man is a liar and a slippery evader of responsibility.

edit on 30-10-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Obamas preaching tolerance. No problem with that, such ideas are useful. But they're also useful for present practical politics in terms of the democratic radicals like Bernie and Warren who don’t realize they could lose in a general election. Both times democrats ran radicals, in 1972 and 1984 they lost 49 states.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join