It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Intelligent systems are more likely to come from an intelligent being rather than random chance: Yes or no?

lol who am I kidding, your head isn't in sand, its in cement. of course intelligent systems are astronomically more likely to have come from an intelligent being rather than random chance.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I see you’ve changed the goalposts again.

What was “intelligence come from intelligence” is now “intelligent systems come from intelligence”.

Typical religious extremist. Changing the goalposts to fit their narrative.

What’s next? Killing everyone who doesn’t believe or who has sinned?
Too late! Your god already did that!
edit on 812020 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You want me to word for word copy Syntaxis Mathematica onto ATS?

It’s like 12or 13 books explaining his method, observation and results.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Except I’m not religious, far from it. In fact I have a keen interest in physics and a BSc (hons) in computer Science.

Other than personal insults which break the rules of the forum do you have anything to add?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Except I’m not religious, far from it. In fact I have a keen interest in physics and a BSc (hons) in computer Science.

So you’re saying you can’t be religious AND be a scientist?

I’m sure it was you who was arguing the opposite before.

I would definitely class you as a religious extremist, pretending you’re not religious.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I would definitely class you as a religious extremist, pretending you’re not religious.

Sounds like something a secular extremist would say

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Sounds like something a secular extremist would say

Oh no, my poor feelings! Whatever shall I do?

I know! Poke fun at people who say they don’t believe in aliens when they believe in otherworldly beings (you know? Jesus, god, Satan, angels etc).

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

I know! Poke fun at people who say they don’t believe in aliens when they believe in otherworldly beings (you know? Jesus, god, Satan, angels etc).

Who pinched your nerve dude? No one's out to get you. What kind of witch hunt are you on?

There are many Christians who believe in aliens. I personally think they're extradimensional and not extraterrestrial. But I guess you don't care since you're only here to make fun of people? You don't need to keep living like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

You could have cut all that down to “Yes. I believe in aliens”, but you being you, you have to type the longest nonsense to say the simplest things.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You could have cut all that down to “Yes. I believe in aliens”, but you being you, you have to type the longest nonsense to say the simplest things.

Hmm... you really suck to have conversations with.
edit on 8-1-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

Hmm... you really suck to have conversations with.

That reads as very judgey. Maybe you need to pray to learn to not be judgmental?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That reads as very judgey. Maybe you need to pray to learn to not be judgmental?

I am going to tell you how I feel, but I would never condemn you for what you did.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I’m agnostic, I’ve repeatedly said I think religion is a useful tool as for as theology goes and to me it’s messages are metaphorical.

Religious extremist, what nonsense, I’ve attended weddings and funerals, I’ve read about Christianity and Islam but that’s about it. I’m merely pointing out that science is progressive and far from perfect. It has been completely wrong before and our current understanding will no doubt look primitive due to advancements in the field of cosmology.

Also I don’t think science and creation are mutually exclusive. I find them quite compatible.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sure sure.

Just don’t go killing in the name of god, mmmkay?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Although I’m not religious I never thought I’d find those who prescribe to religion more objective than the so called logical and reasonable atheists. Only one side seems to be forcing us to accept their beliefs as fact and resorting to mud slinging should anyone question their belief.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Only one side seems to be forcing us to accept their beliefs as fact and resorting to mud slinging should anyone question their belief.

Actually, it’s done on all sides, but your religious extremism doesn’t allow you to see your own side being like that.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I’m done now. You can get back to thinking your god’s aren’t aliens.

PS. No killing while I’m gone. Dog wouldn’t like it!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

What exactly is it I’ve said that constitutes religious extremism?

Examples please?

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Your first direct correspondence with me was to stereotype, insult and misrepresent my theological beliefs.

Nice to meet you too, i look forward to your input in this thread and hope we can have a constructive discussion.

Might even be possible if you drop the obnoxious vitriol.

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

When the impossible has been eliminated, what remains, however implausible, must be the truth. Your math clearly shows enough wiggle room for some biochemical magic to take place (I use that 'm' word facetiously) and spark the first life on Earth. This is how we get the variables to throw together a rough equation for simulating the search for life among the stars. It's a sad simulation and I can agree with that point. It's gonna be a long time before anyone brings us real answers unless someone out there ignores their better judgment and stops to ask directions. Someone better warn them about ww3 am I right ahahaha...haha..ha...ha...

If any aliens are reading this, please send help

Please not another meteor though, thanks
edit on 8-1-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join