It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

So, it's clear that you are a flagmt earther. Is that for religous reasons? So let me get this right. All the companies around the world, including has a, Telsa, and all the other countries and the work that have a space agency are all lying? This includes the thousands of people the work for them. They are all lying about the shape of the earth?

You do realise how ridiculous that sounds, and also impossible to keep some like that a secret, esp with all the independent space companies springing up.

That in itself should tell you the flat earth is nonsense!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Not a believer in flat earth either but secrets can be kept.

The Manhattan Project would be a good example. An estimated 130,000 people worked on that and yet the first the public had any idea of it was when the bombs dropped.

edit on 4/1/20 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

The Manhattan Project would be a good example. An estimated 130,000 people worked on that and yet the first the public had any idea of it was when the bombs dropped.

The Manhattan Project was infiltrated by the Soviets from nearly the inception. Not a good example.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The Manhattan Project was infiltrated by the Soviets from nearly the inception. Not a good example.

Yeah was going to mention thst regarding the Manhattan project. Def was not a good example. Regarding flat earth, we are talking about thousands of people who would have to lie. Not possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

And don’t forget all of the amateur astronomers utilizing more powerful and less expensive telescopes In sync with computer software that will adjust to the coordinates that are input. They’re making discoveries of their own as well as confirming all of the alleged lying scientists involved in an international conspiracy of such immense proportions that it involves every single person who ever received a degree in any field of science or studied it in any way after high ol was over. The University of YouTube is all knowing after all!

edit on 4-1-2020 by peter vlar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Am I really? Or am I defending his right to an opinion, however flawed? We all have reasons for what we believe.

If a type 2 or 3 civilisation arrived on our doorstep you could probably throw away both our religious and scientific texts as they would suddenly appear primitive. My argument is that our current Scientific understanding is by no means complete.

Ptolemy’s Almagest for example was written around the same time as the Bible and for over 1000 years was generally accepted as a scientific marvel. Written by as Jay puts it “primitive humans”.

Geocentrism was a generally accepted scientific Theory.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The Public had no idea.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Sure you were.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

You’re a very clever man, I’m sure you realise military secrets and black projects are kept from the public eye.

What about the SR-71. Would that be a better example?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   

The Public had no idea.

But it wasn't kept secret as you claim. The Soviets had a network of spies in the program for years.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I said “first time the public knew about it was when the bombs dropped”. Obviously some people had to know, like those who worked on it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

What about the SR-71. Would that be a better example?

Not really.

edit on 4-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It was kept a secret from the public. Doubt the Japanese military knew. Pretty well guarded if you have 130,000 working on a project and the first your enemy knows is when they are being turned to shadows and dust.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

You said 'secrets can be kept' and mentioned the Manhattan Project where the big secret was in Soviet hands due to their network of spies. It wasn't kept.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Doubt the Japanese military knew.

You're moving the goal posts, the Soviets knew and they knew early. The secret wasn't kept.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Just so you can stop being obtuse, when I say secret I mean from the general public. Most people don’t believe anything till it’s reported mainstream, until then it’s just hearsay and hidden within intelligence communities. Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning, did they expose secret information?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   

From the public, jeez do I have to say it again and again and again.

I referenced the general public in my very first post. Now it’s an argument about semantics.

As soon as you have two people working on something you could argue it was no longer a secret.

Except I’ve now provided you some additional verbs.

5x I’ve stated public now. Are you going to ignore it again?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

From the public, jeez do I have to say it again and again and again.

You said 'secrets can be kept'. They weren't. Who cares who it's from, your point was that it wasn't revealed.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I said they can be kept from the public, you know me and you.

I can’t say it anymore, you’re clearly blinkered.

A self confessed Freemason who doesn’t believe secrets can be kept. Oh the irony.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

You:

Not correct. Just like your SR-71 analogy also.

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join