It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Jay-morris

You don't have to come back! I have completly proved my point! You lied about me to justify your attack! And you know that, and so does everyone else on this thread.

Um ...I don't know that.

That does not suprise me!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Threads all yours dude have fun!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

You make absolutely no sense at all. You're hopeless with this weird
combination of attack and blame the other guy first illogically bad
grammar, repetitious posting trolling and obsessed.

And wrong to boot. I'm not sure you could be more perfect for
the job.

You have spent this thread ignoring or dodging questions. I have answered every question you have put towards me, while you have not!

Like the above, you say all this stuff, but never back up or give reasons for why you are writing said post. Why have you done that through the entire thread?

I am still waiting for answers to questions I put go you, which you ignore because you simply do not have the answer. But you have done this yo not just me, but go other people who oppose your fairytales.

You only get brave when someone else attacks me, then you spring into life saying this and that about me, without posting any proof!

Well done!

Why do you keep quoting posts without adding any comment?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Threads all yours dude have fun!

Finally!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I think they have gone.

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa now?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
We should all get along.

It is good news that we are not a random accident. The obvious necessity of an Intelligent Faculty involved in the spawn of the universe and its precise laws indicates that there is a higher purpose to our lives. We have this same Intelligence within us, use it for harmony, not for strife. We have more in common than we do differences.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
We should all get along.

It is good news that we are not a random accident. The obvious necessity of an Intelligent Faculty involved in the spawn of the universe and its precise laws indicates that there is a higher purpose to our lives. We have this same Intelligence within us, use it for harmony, not for strife. We have more in common than we do differences.

How do you know this "intelligent faculty" is our friend? And what higher purpose do you speak of?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

How do you know this "intelligent faculty" is our friend? And what higher purpose do you speak of?

"the prison-house is the world of sight, the light of the fire is the sun, and you will not misapprehend me if you interpret the journey upwards to be the ascent of the soul into the intellectual world according to my poor belief, which, at your desire, I have expressed whether rightly or wrongly God knows. But, whether true or false, my opinion is that in the world of knowledge the idea of good appears last of all, and is seen only with an effort; and, when seen, is also inferred to be the universal author of all things beautiful and right, parent of light and of the lord of light in this visible world, and the immediate source of reason and truth in the intellectual; and that this is the power upon which he who would act rationally, either in public or private life must have his eye fixed."

Socrates Allegory of the Cave
edit on 8-12-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
There is power held within the attempt to understand this parable.

Metaphorically, if we are all just shadows in the reflection of our higher beings, then we are just a representation of the higher dimensions. This is where we truly exist, eternally, therefore all we have is a fleeting perspective of a vastly more complicated puzzle, before moving on. Science is just one piece, that right now, we have scattered all over the floor.

There's certainly more to the world than meets the eye and the darkness has left us cold and afraid, together we can be something more. A philosophical culture would prosper.

Also, it would be foolish to think people don't exploit this power, there's those who worship the darkness Plato tells of and they are the most powerful of enemies, unfortunately they reside at the top of our pyramid, the place where scientific advance is at its outer limits.

My prayer is that God is listening to those who believe, because without him, i fear we are doomed.

edit on 9/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

This forum is noted for stupid posts, but this has to be one of the most ignorant.
Lesson: When in doubt, do the math.

This is a list of exoplanets. As of 8 December 2019, there are 4,104 confirmed exoplanets.[1] The majority of these planets were discovered by the Kepler space telescope. In addition to the confirmed exoplanets, there are 2,420 potential exoplanets from its first mission that are yet to be confirmed, and 892 from its "Second Light" mission. Additionally, a growing number of planets are being discovered by the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS).[2]

For yearly lists on physical, orbital and other properties, as well as on discovery circumstances and other aspects, see § Specific exoplanet lists

exoplanets.nasa.gov...

7. Conclusions
We have used a more or less empirical statistical approach to evaluate the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial life as a function of its stage of evolution. The results permit determination of the order of magnitude of the distance separating these forms of life from the Earth. Depending on this distance, we discussed the potential of detectable biosignatures. Finally, we have shown that the more extraterrestrial life has evolved, the greater its likely distance from the Earth, and thus the lower the possibility of its detection. Consequently, if extraterrestrial civilisations are possible, we could only detect them at present if they are able to communicate in space using a radio or a light signal. Similarly, even if the probability of microbial life in other stellar systems is relatively high, we could only detect it on habitable planets if it has reached a sufficient stage of evolution to release gases that modify the atmosphere of the planet. Finally, even if we are now able to make in situ investigations on several potentially inhabited bodies of the Solar System, these investigations are still limited to surface exploration. The only current target on which we can search for extra-terrestrial life is thus Mars.

Despite these apparently discouraging conclusions for the possibility to detect extraterrestrial life, this study also demonstrates that life is probably common in the Universe. Moreover, even if the probability to detect extraterrestrial intelligence is close to zero, the probability to detect photosynthetic life on exoplanets is not at all negligible. The probability to find active microbial life on a body other than Earth in the Solar System is also high enough to justify future projects involving investigation of the icy moons of Saturn and Jupiter, as well as the present and future missions to Mars. The approach outlined herein has been used to simply and successfully explain the challenge of astrobiology to the general public, in particular during a two day training course for teachers, and appeared to be very useful and well-understood.

A Statistical Approach to Illustrate the Challenge of Astrobiology for Public Outreach
Frédéric Foucher,* Keyron Hickman-Lewis, Frances Westall, and André Brack

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

There has to be life on other planets if our scientific data is correct.

Whether that confirms the statistical probability of Drake's equation correctly predicting the propagation of life throughout the universe remains to be seen.

There's an awful lot of estimation happening in those calculations, this can quickly create an exponential negative factor to accuracy.

It's more of a thought experiment than real science.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Where for hence comest thou that you should proclaim my ignorance
with such drivel? You wander into my Kingdom speak of my ignorance
at my city steps with pseudo science as proof? I've chosen my words
well thru out this entire post. Perhaps you should've done the same?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

ROFLMAO - remind us again :

what is your " logic " for setting any variable in drakes equation to zero ?????????????

you have shown repeaedly - despite all attempts to educate you - that you utterly fail to understand what the drake equation is

and further - your entire " objection " to it - is simply cultist dogma

need i remind you what you " first answer " was - when i asked you :

why are you opposed to the premise of alien life ???????????????

for the amusement of readers - you said " the drake equation "

thats how farcical this thread is

ETA - read pg 10 // 11 [ mine and OP replies ] - for the evidence of its " position "
edit on 9-12-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The ignorance that comes from people when a simple Biblical reference
is made truly goes to infinity. The is demonstrated perfectly here in this
thread and you can be so proud to have been a part of it. Well done indeed!
Nothing complicated is going on here Einstein!

I'm simply saying there is no other civilizations in the whole gawd damn universe
if this is the very first one.

Perhaps you have proof that this is not the first one? If not you just got owned
and clowned.

Ignorant ape ignorance and psychopathy on display

edit on 9-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

More like carsforkids ignorance, dogmatic intolerance of other viewpoints and tendency to insult other posters on display, surely?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Oh don't you all get so flustered when you're dealing with a
believer who can dish out what you serve right back to you? Are
you really such little girls that you can't take it? Un redeemable! lol

edit on 9-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You seem to be the one who likes to dish it out but can't take it.

Got anything to add to this thread apart from your usual tedious and childish insults?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:33 PM
link   

That's all your reply's have coming in case you didn't realize that.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Do grow up. And grow a pair while you are at it.

Do you have nothing at all apart from your. Childish insults and religious dogma?

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join