It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Jay-morris

You make absolutely no sense at all. You're hopeless with this weird
combination of attack and blame the other guy first illogically bad
grammar, repetitious posting trolling and obsessed.

And wrong to boot. I'm not sure you could be more perfect for
the job.

You have spent this thread ignoring or dodging questions. I have answered every question you have put towards me, while you have not!

Like the above, you say all this stuff, but never back up or give reasons for why you are writing said post. Why have you done that through the entire thread?

I am still waiting for answers to questions I put go you, which you ignore because you simply do not have the answer. But you have done this yo not just me, but go other people who oppose your fairytales.

You only get brave when someone else attacks me, then you spring into life saying this and that about me, without posting any proof!

Well done!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

a reply to: turbonium1

"And God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars."

Isaiah 30:26:

You win I can't believe my mind didn't consider that verse and I choose
what I believe to be Gods word always.

Why do I believe it's Gods word? Because if he can do universe he can do Bible
thru the human inspired. Or any other way he chooses. So I can depend on
it being perfect according to his will. As I have seen no better example
of this than The Bible. It's just that simple.

I'm glad you finally 'see the light'!

Those who understand the truth can lead others towards the truth. Whether they choose to find, and accept, the truth, or choose to ignore it, out of fears and insecurities... is entirely up to each and every one of us, in the end.

The Bible is our guide to the truth, as you know.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
I'd rather not comment, i can't even quantify how my inferior primitive intellect could possibly handle the denigration at the hands of this perspicacious behemoth of intelligence.

Well, if you were not so obsessed with showing people bow intelligent you are, while attacking other people's intelligence on this thread, then we would not be having this discussion would we.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Please get over yourself.

Explaining perspective using your understanding of science is not having some kind of intelligence competition or battle of wits.

If you feel threatened by my posts that's not my problem.

Carry on tho and i'll stop playing nice.

You've spent the entire thread arguing with everyone and then throw your toys out of the pram if they dare to retort.

Start using references or raising some valid points, this childish tit-for-tat is becoming tiresome.

edit on 8/12/19 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

That's not my claim at all, some of the light is absorbed by the moon, hence you have discernible features such as craters, valleys etc.

The light also doesn't just reflect in one direction, that's how we can see it from multiple locations on Earth at one time. The math and science on this particular subject are quite solid, hence we can predict phases of the moon.

You're understanding of light refraction needs a lot of work i'm afraid.

I can easily conceptualise a scenario which allows the moon to be visible in daylight, the moon is 250,000 miles from Earth and the Sun shines in all directions.

This literal interpretation of the bible is utter madness i'm afraid.

I wish you well with your beliefs however these concepts have been proven false many times over.

I could stomach your argument if it was relating to the bible being written by men and misinterpretation of the word of God. Or that it was meant as a metaphorical guide.

This moon theory of yours holds no weight i'm afraid.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I haven't attacked anyone's intelligence but yours.

Why? Because you're acting like an idiot!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Please get over yourself.

Explaining perspective using your understanding of science is not having some kind of intelligence competition or battle of wits.

If you feel threatened by my posts that's not my problem.

Carry on tho and i'll stop playing nice.

You've spent the entire thread arguing with everyone and then throw your toys out of the pram if they dare to retort.

Start using references or raising some valid points, this childish tit-for-tat is becoming tiresome.

Why are you lying? I have not been arguing with people! It's called debating! Newsflashing for you, this is a discussion forum, where debates do happen.

Most of your attacks towards me have been my posts regarding the Christian God. Why? If you have no interest in that part of the debate, then simply do not get involved! Simple!

And you say I am attacking people with my views. Have you not read the replies toward me from posters like carsforkids? But hey! I am the only one doing the attacking! lol

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

I haven't attacked anyone's intelligence but yours.

Why? Because you're acting like an idiot!!!

You are lying! Are you saying carsforkids has not been an idiot? Maybe you should look back at the posts in this thread.

You are attacking me because of my views. That is obvious!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Carsforkids hasn't been an idiot toward me. You have.

Again, it's a discussion forum not a debating forum.

Please start some discussion rather than debate.

I spent the last 2 posts refuting the bible, how do you explain that if i have some kind of Christian agenda?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

What views?

I don't think i've seen you express or impart any kind of knowledge on this discussion other than people who believe in god are stupid.

You keep referencing my intelligence for example.

I've been called a lot of things in my life but stupid is not generally the first insult people use.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Carsforkids hasn't been an idiot toward me. You have.

Again, it's a discussion forum not a debating forum.

Please start some discussion rather than debate.

I spent the last 2 posts refuting the bible, how do you explain that if i have some kind of Christian agenda?

Bow have I been an idiot towards you? Where have an been an idiot? You attacked me because I do not hold the same views as you! News Flash! Not everyone holds your views!

What views?

I don't think i've seen you express or impart any kind of knowledge on this discussion other than people who believe in god are stupid.

You keep referencing my intelligence for example.

I've been called a lot of things in my life but stupid is not generally the first insult people use.

It's not rocket science! I have posted on here many times my views. Have you forgot then already?

You are just digging yourself a bigger hole!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

You've literally bored me out of this thread.

Like a broken record, on and on and on and on the same thing over and over.

*yawn

If you want to continue our discussion regarding theology or any of the points raised in this discussion please feel free to message me directly. Saves me having to read anymore of this repetitious, nonsensical, argumentative crap that Jay feels the need to regurgitate daily.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

*yawn

If you want to continue our discussion regarding theology or any of the points raised in this discussion please feel free to message me directly. Saves me having to read anymore of this repetitious, nonsensical, argumentative crap that Jay feels the need to regurgitate daily.

In other words, you cannot show me where I have been an idiot to you. All i see is me disagreeing with your beliefs!

Keep on digging that hole!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I'd rather not comment, i can't even quantify how my inferior primitive intellect could possibly handle the denigration at the hands of this perspicacious behemoth of intelligence.

I'll say it again! Have the last word. I'm not even coming back to see the inevitable.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

a reply to: oldcarpy

You joined the thread, insulted me, offered no opinion on the subject.

Your first post was to reference me directly.

Hypocrite.

I have provided many opinions regarding the science of the drake equation and the theme of theology when i joined.

So how about you mind your own business or do i have to expect you in every thread i join, contributing nothing but insults?

Actually I simply pointed out that the gratuitous insults that you levelled at another poster (ie insults that you made, not me) seemed to fit your good self rather well.

Hypocrite?

That would be you.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I'll say it again! Have the last word. I'm not even coming back to see the inevitable.

You don't have to come back! I have completly proved my point! You lied about me to justify your attack! And you know that, and so does everyone else on this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

*yawn

There you go yet again insulting another poster. It seems to be your usual style.

Of course, no one could possibly accuse your good self of being "argumentative", could they?

Hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm glad you finally 'see the light'!

Those who understand the truth can lead others towards the truth. Whether they choose to find, and accept, the truth, or choose to ignore it, out of fears and insecurities... is entirely up to each and every one of us, in the end.

The Bible is our guide to the truth, as you know.

Well I'm not sold on the whole flat earth thang but what do you
think might be causing the moons illumination?
edit on 8-12-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You don't have to come back! I have completly proved my point! You lied about me to justify your attack! And you know that, and so does everyone else on this thread.

Um ...I don't know that.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

You make absolutely no sense at all. You're hopeless with this weird
combination of attack and blame the other guy first illogically bad
grammar, repetitious posting trolling and obsessed.

And wrong to boot. I'm not sure you could be more perfect for
the job.

You have spent this thread ignoring or dodging questions. I have answered every question you have put towards me, while you have not!

Like the above, you say all this stuff, but never back up or give reasons for why you are writing said post. Why have you done that through the entire thread?

I am still waiting for answers to questions I put go you, which you ignore because you simply do not have the answer. But you have done this yo not just me, but go other people who oppose your fairytales.

You only get brave when someone else attacks me, then you spring into life saying this and that about me, without posting any proof!

Well done!

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join