It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: cooperton

But theists are the ones who are in denial. Atheism is denial! And it's
rise in America is nothing short of disgusting in the streets of San Francisco
clear to China! A world without God is clearly going to suck. But as Barcs has
been so clever to point out it is happening. Sodom and Gomarrah hear we come.

I think I just found my next thread.

Keep spewing bigotry and ad hominem. It suits you well.

a reply to: Akragon
I don't even have a religion now. What the hell I wasn't born into anything.
And you want to argue about that now? I bet you can tell me where I
was born then also? So have at it? Tell me all about me?

You don't follow a religion, yet you were literally just defending slavery in the bible!!!! Stop lying!

edit on 11 14 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: Jay-morris

If you do not obey, then that loving God, who loves you, will condemn to hell for not brlieving him.

Does that sound like a sociopath to you?

God's Will is objectively the best option in your day-to-day life. It is the Archetypal Way written about by Lao Tzu about 600 years before the actual embodiment of the Way came as Jesus of Nazareth. To resemble this Way is most fitting for all, because it is the Good and True way, where illusion, separation, and ignorance can no longer disturb your mind. Anyone who ignores the True calling will be subject to the consequences of whatever is left; partaking in a life with others who are also living out a lie. Anything outside the True path is a lie. This is the self-manifest hell that occurs.

If you are not looking for God's Love that is imbued in all, what are you looking for then? All pursuits other than God will eventually perish.

Do what about children who die young, before they even know who God is. Bow about people born with problems and conditions which mean they cannot even grasp what a God is, are they going to hell?

Also, just to add this. If you live your life, be a good person, and help people when you can, but are not religious, then you will still go to hell?

What kind of being eould do such a horrible and brutal thing!? That right a God that commands the death of millions of men, women and children!

No matter how you look at it, it's evil! You worship a sociopathic God!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I do? You mean like the wizard of OZ? lol

That's just a silly opinion and a very harsh judgement but it's obvious
you need something to pacify you. God is God he is what he is so deal
with it. You arguing about it is for some weird need you possess. It isn't
proving anything.

And Barcs can't stand to lose. As for me I'm off this merry go round so
take your parting shots back slap and punch your time cards Or stick
around and impress everyone some more with the brightness of your
wisdoms.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

That's just a silly opinion and a very harsh judgement but it's obvious
you need something to pacify you. God is God he is what he is so deal
with it.

How is it silly? We know God in the bible has commanded the deaths of innocent men, women and children. The evidence is there in the bible! And you still think he is a loving God?

You arguing about it is for some weird need you possess. It isn't
proving anything.

It proves that people like you are blinded by belief, to the point where you will sweep the brutality under the carpet. This is the difference between you and me, I know what is right and wrong! I know what is good and bad. You do not know this when it comes to your God! You are as brainwashed and as conditioned as the people who fall into cults and cannot see the bad intentions of the cult leader!

And Barcs can't stand to lose. As for me I'm off this merry go round so
take your parting shots back slap and punch your time cards Or stick
around and impress everyone some more with the brightness of your
wisdoms.

He has proved you wrong at every turn, bit just like a lot of people like you, you are arragont and ignorant, and will never admit you are wrong!

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

As the article I quoted from acknowledges. I assume I already quoted 2 Timothy 4:3,4 in this thread? That text explains part of the problem. Likewise, there is 1 Timothy 6:20, 2 Peter 2:3 and many other Bible texts that explain the problem that:

It's a setup and you're falling for it hook, line and sinker. You're supposed to feel more secure in your opinions/beliefs and argumentation because of these types (especially the ones denying other galaxies or flat-earthers). They do not actually make you any more right though, only more arrogant and prideful, nurturing a false sense of intellectual superiority.

Someone whose existence you don't want to seriously consider is involved here:

P.S. old earth creationists like Hugh Ross and those connected to his "Reasons to Believe" organization also get quite a few things wrong. Most notable concerning evolutionary philosophies and how long mankind has been around (and some of their accompanying interpretations of the Genesis account of creation).
edit on 14-11-2019 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Let's loom at the evidence here!

People cannot make out what a lot of the bible means. Hence the reason you have different factions and groups. Some live a normal life, some are racists, some kill, some homophobic and some sexist. There are quite alot of these groups. Why? Because the bible can be interpreted to mean many
Different things.

But, like I said before, the bible is obviously man made , and not the words of a God. But I find that comforting because if it really was the word of God, then I would be absolutly gutted!why? Because then I would know that God is a hateful, brutal, racist, sexist, homophobic, attention seeker sociopath!

Then you have to ask yourself. Why would anyone want to worship a God like that? Why would you worship a God that commands the death of innocent children? Who will condem a good hearted could to hell for not believing in him.

Maybe use a bit of logic and common sense?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This thread details perfectly for all to see the atheist is only interested
in a limited amount of evidence set by the protocols of science. Science
limits it self to the study only of natural reality. And the only reason I can
see, is demonstrated perfectly in this thread.

Until next time take of yourselves and each other.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Do what about children who die young, before they even know who God is. Bow about people born with problems and conditions which mean they cannot even grasp what a God is, are they going to hell?

Also, just to add this. If you live your life, be a good person, and help people when you can, but are not religious, then you will still go to hell?

What kind of being eould do such a horrible and brutal thing!? That right a God that commands the death of millions of men, women and children!

So because people may die at birth, or born with deformities, or into poverty and famine, you do not believe there is a God, who created us?

You cannot believe any God would make people suffer, or die at birth, or live in poverty/famine, because that doesn't make sense? Which means there is NO God, only people, who may die at birth, live in poverty and famine, or live a healthy, long life, and die at an old age?

If that's what you believe, then when we die on Earth, that's it?! Is that what you believe happens to us?

Have you ever known someone close to you pass away, in front of you?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: turbonium1

So because people may die at birth, or born with deformities, or into poverty and famine, you do not believe there is a God, who created us?

You cannot believe any God would make people suffer, or die at birth, or live in poverty/famine, because that doesn't make sense? Which means there is NO God, only people, who may die at birth, live in poverty and famine, or live a healthy, long life, and die at an old age?

If that's what you believe, then when we die on Earth, that's it?! Is that what you believe happens to us?

Have you ever known someone close to you pass away, in front of you?

Why don't you actually read what I said before you post nonsense. I was referring to the fact that if you do not believe in God, specifically your God, then you are going to hell right?

Well, what about the children who die before they are at the age to make a decision about God? What about the people born with problems, that they cannot even grasp a concept of a God. Are all these children and and people going to hell? Or does God say "oh, I eill make an exception for them.

And how about the people who lead good, honest lives, and spend their life helping people, but are not religious. These people deserve to go to hell becsuse a sociopathic God cannot handle the fact that they did not worship him? What type of intelligent bring eould think that way? Oh wait! thst was how people thought thousands of years ago when they wrote the bible!

As for deaths. You do realise that God has commanded the deaths of innocent men, women and children in the bible?

Oh, but he loves them!

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

This thread details perfectly for all to see the atheist is only interested
in a limited amount of evidence set by the protocols of science. Science
limits it self to the study only of natural reality. And the only reason I can
see, is demonstrated perfectly in this thread.

Until next time take of yourselves and each other.

Its all to see that you are absolutly clueless, and have dodged questions thrown at you, while still saying we have no evidence, while giving absolutly not evidence that your book is the word of God, or evidence that their is no God!

That's all you have done!

It's because of science that we know how suns are formed. How planets are formed, how galaxies are formed. We know about particles and atoms, any of that mentioned in your book? No! Just stupid impossible stories that have been proven wrong time and time again.

Why are they not mentioned in your book? Because no one knew about them at the time. No one new about the birth and death of suns, planets, galaxies etc

Is that a coincidence?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

It's hard to imagine why atheists like Jay persist when it's obvious
they're only looking to self justify humanity's own concocted non sense and
lies. It's just the love of the free ride with no one to thank and no one
to answer to in the end. But the end does come.

" The fool says there is no God! Then comes death then judgement."

Psalm 14: 1
edit on 15-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Jay asking for evidence for God is lunacy when the evidence is every
where and you deny it. That takes a lunatic.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why don't you actually read what I said before you post nonsense. I was referring to the fact that if you do not believe in God, specifically your God, then you are going to hell right?

Well, what about the children who die before they are at the age to make a decision about God? What about the people born with problems, that they cannot even grasp a concept of a God. Are all these children and and people going to hell? Or does God say "oh, I eill make an exception for them.

And how about the people who lead good, honest lives, and spend their life helping people, but are not religious. These people deserve to go to hell becsuse a sociopathic God cannot handle the fact that they did not worship him? What type of intelligent bring eould think that way? Oh wait! thst was how people thought thousands of years ago when they wrote the bible!

As for deaths. You do realise that God has commanded the deaths of innocent men, women and children in the bible?

Oh, but he loves them!

You think there is a different God, for each religion? Or we choose a God, among several Gods, which exist?

What was said about a specific structure to build, for the worship of our God, and to worship his only son, Jesus Christ?

Or to worship Buddha, or Allah, or any other God, or religion, in a building? Or to worship God four times a day, in four directions, or face God's wrath, if you don't comply...

Tell me where the Bible mentions a place to worship God, and/or worship Christ, because why else would they have built thousands and thousands of churches, over the centuries, if it wasn't stated in the Bible, and stated specifically that to worship God, and Christ, we must build structures on Earth, where all must go, once a week, at least, to worship God, and Christ, and to hold up specific people, who speak in those structures, build to worship God, and they should be admired as if they are above all mortals, although not Gods, themselves, while they are speaking for God, or are closer to God than mere mortals are, at least.

Any of that ever said, in the Bible? No.

Anyone mention a pope, or cardinals, to bleat about what God says, what God wants, why God wishes those things, why we should believe they speak for God, on Earth?

What percentage of the Bible speaks against evils, and what percentage speaks in support of evils?

The vast majority speaks against evils, right?

Why do you think the Bible supports evil, that their God supports evil, in a book that speaks against all evils, throughout the entire book, except in a few sentences?

Why would the Bible speak against evil, in all forms, in all ways, repeatedly.....if it was supporting evil? You're argument is pure nonsense. If a few examples conflict with everything else in the book, it's been put into the book later on, by people who want to support such evils, themselves. The conflict is blatantly obvious, is it not?

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I realize how many times we've been over this and how you refuse to
grasp it.

Maybe this will help?

edit on 15-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
What has science done for people, and the Earth, in a few centuries..?

It's created massive weapons which kill thousands at a time, for one thing.

It's created diseases that have killed millions, and other diseases which could kill a lot more, in the future!

It's blended food with hormones, and chemicals, which cause autism, and other wonderful things, in newborn infants!

Trust science, obey science, the one, true God, all knowing!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

It's hard to imagine why atheists like Jay persist when it's obvious
they're only looking to self justify humanity's own concocted non sense and
lies. It's just the love of the free ride with no one to thank and no one
to answer to in the end. But the end does come.

" The fool says there is no God! Then comes death then judgement."

Psalm 14: 1

Why is it you never quote the horrible brutal verses in the bible?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Thank you for dodging my questions with your ramblings! I will ask you again! If God loves his children, why did he command the slaughter of innocent men, women and children? Would you kill your own children? What would happen if you killed your own children? How would people look at you once they found out what you done?

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

No one wants to complete your silly circle. If you're not happy with God
take it up with him.

Because I don't have any reason to post any of those verses? LOLWTF?

edit on 16-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

This post just shows how delusional you are!

What has science done for people, and the Earth, in a few centuries..?

And what has religon done? Caused countless wars killing millions of people. Religon has brought sexism, racism, anti homosexual, terrorism. I could go on on on!

It's created massive weapons which kill thousands at a time, for one thing.

America is a Christian country right? Yet have the biggest militery budget in the world! Weapons do not kill, people do! And how many governments around the world are religous?

Who tells and pays scientists to make these new technology? That's right, the government's around the world. A lot of them religious!

It's created diseases that have killed millions, and other diseases which could kill a lot more, in the future!

Can you post these diseases these scientists have created?

It's blended food with hormones, and chemicals, which cause autism, and other wonderful things, in newborn infants!

Where is your evidence for this? I do not mean conspiracies, I mean evidence!

Trust science, obey science, the one, true God, all knowing!

Load of rubbish! As usual!

posted on Nov, 16 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No one wants to complete your silly circle. If you're not happy with God
take it up with him.

Because I don't have any reason to post any of those verses? LOLWTF?

Dodging again! Why take it to God? He does not exist!

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join