It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Has Nothing To Do With Trump!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sprockets2000

Of course, we know that.

They've stopped thinking about this as simply differences in ways to be and started making it out as a moral crusade of good v. evil. As far as they are concerned, they're good and we're evil, and in that cause, the ends will always justify the means. That's also why no productive discussion can ever take place on anything nor will they ever even attempt to see things our way for even a second.

If we don't bow to them soon, they'll start trying to kill us at some point.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Big difference between gossip and actually using the government bud what a straw man

a reply to: Xcalibur254

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Very very true... Whats funny is when Mitt Romney was running for President back in the day, he was looked at as a evil, racist, blah blah blah person by the left/left media.... but once he said "orange man bad", he became a darling to the left... funny how that works

The best one with Romney was how awful it was his dog road on top of the car in a crate once, but they all loved Obama who actually ate dogs as regular matter of course for a period of time.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Close your eyes and imagine the US with Hillary as president.

Now open them and thank a Trump voter.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Let's do the context thing here Ket. Yes he has said he ate dog as a child in Indonesia where eating dog was customary with many people there. He was somewhere between five and nine and a child and ate what was given to him to eat.

www.abc.net.au...

I remember back then when the Vietnam incursion ended and multitudes of Vietnamese came here. All of a sudden dogs went missing from the parks in our city and strays were not to be found. Dinner. It was not against their customs as it is with ours.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

As much as the vision of Clinton with my eyes closed is a nightmare, do I really have to open my eyes? That is a nightmare as well. So thanks Trump voters. Thanks but no thanks. We all will be better of with both of them well out of the way.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It doesn't matter what Trump was trying to do if he violated the law while doing it. A President has to be held accountable to our laws and the constitution or everything that America is, is dead.

It's telling you care more about protecting the leader of your party than you do protecting the constitution.

Sounds to me a lot like Comey's reasoning when he chose not to prosecute Hillary Clinton for the private email servers. "She didn't intend to break the law, so we should let it slide." (This is, of course, a paraphrase of what he said)
edit on 30-10-2019 by BomSquad because: responded to wrong post

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Let me say this;

I do not agree with some of your wording.
I do agree with your intention.

For me there is no left or right.
There are good ideas and bad ideas, sometimes from the left, sometimes from the right and sometimes from the unknown.

I do know politics before Trump made me puke, Maybe he is one of them/it...

But to me it seems as right now, he is the most refreshing in decades.

edit on 30-10-2019 by EartOccupant because: Voter Fraud.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: DBCowboy

As much as the vision of Clinton with my eyes closed is a nightmare, do I really have to open my eyes? That is a nightmare as well. So thanks Trump voters. Thanks but no thanks. We all will be better of with both of them well out of the way.

Awww, sorry life sucks so bad for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

And? Many of these are the same voters who throw a conniption fit over farming practices and are vegan and vegetarian. Context on the eating of an animal won't matter to them. As far as they're concerned, meat is murder when it suits them to play that card.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sprockets2000
The truth is actually worse about Liberals.

Opinions are not facts. Truth is saying something like the sky is blue. Saying the Liberals are worse is an opinion.

Why is it Republicans never believe they have opinions. Why is it Republicans always think they are "right". Why is it Republicans always think their own opinions are facts.

Those of us on the right know that the left could care less about the what the president supposedly did.

I'm sure there's political corruption on both sides. I bet the Democrats can be just as corrupt as the Republicans. I think we have to agree the rule of law and the Constitution takes precedence over party. I said it.

I don't think there are many right wingers on ATS willing to put the rule-of-law before their party's well-being. At least I haven't heard anyone from the right say if Trump broke the law he should be punished.

I'm still waiting for you right wingers to put Hillary in jail. Please, if she broke any laws jail the beotch. What are you waiting for? Either there's no evidence Obama or the Clintons have broken any laws of Republicans are completely incompetent when it comes to governing.

We all know if this was a Democrat president, it would have been laughed away as a right wing conspiracy the first day and that would be the end of that.

Before Obama even took the oath Republicans were boasting the Obama president would be a failure. And it was. Obama's presidency was the biggest failure in my lifetime. Obama got less of his agenda done than any other president in my lifetime.

GWB was the most effective presiident. GWB got more of his agenda done than any other president in my lifetime. The problem with the Patriot Act, endless wars in the ME, and the 2008 banking crisis GWB's agenda and legacy is not my favorite.

But here is the truth you need to realize, it has NOTHING, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH TRUMP

Yes it's hardball politics. But Trump is his own worse enemy. He's stuck his own foot so far down his own mouth you should stop blaming Democrats and start telling Trump to shut his pie-hole.

Put on your thinking caps.
Remember George Bush Jr, year 2000.
Remember how crazy the left went and claimed he stole the election with some vote machines.
Even to this day it is believed he stole the election.
If you actually do research he won Florida by 500 votes fair and square.

Obviously you are the one who has not done the research. He did steal the election. He wasn't voted in. The election was decided by judges. There was all kinds of voter suppression going on with fake lists of felons. Thousands of people with name collisions were not counted. Just remember the super long lines of voters were not found in any Republican districts! And the gerrymandering of the 2010 census by the Republicans is the worse in all of history. I was really surprised the Democrats took back the House. I really thought it was impossible.

The point is, it doesn't matter who our guy is, its our guy. The left doesn't really want Democracy, do they? They want
democracy that is "progressive" democracy that goes the way they want it.

Democrats are not going to roll over and die just because they do not agree with your hateful opinions on what our public policies should be.

Mark my words, and remember this post. The next time a conservative president wins again, youll see the same damn thing, just different tactics.

I seem to remember Republicans were exactly the same way to Clinton and Obama.

I think the problem with Republicans is they confuse criticisms of public policies with personal attacks. At some point we have to agree having a disagreement over public policies is not a personal attack. I can be against the endless wars in the Middle East and still be supporting the troops.

edit on 30-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If a Democratic President was doing the same things Trump is doing while trying to legally argue he's above the law you better believe I'd be right here saying the same things.

You know, I know and everyone knows that is an outright LIE. NO YOU WOULD NOT. End of discussion for me.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

With that many words... One know one is picking sides.

Instead of joining good ideas.

edit on 30-10-2019 by EartOccupant because: Sidekicked

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

With that many words... One know one is picking sides.

Instead of joining good ideas.

I'm sorry I spoke in long complete sentences. I will try to do better next time. I wanted to disagree but I did not want be insulting while doing it.

edit on 30-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

That would bless my left brain-half with the utmost pleasure impulse!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Close your eyes and imagine the US with Hillary as president.
Now open them and thank a Trump voter.

I have to agree with you. As a liberal Democrat Hillary as president would be just as bad as having Trump as president.

The problem with Hillary is she is a centrist whatever that means. All I know is in her biography, she admitted to working on Barry Goldwater's presidential campaign in college. Hillary is clearly a Nixon type Republican.

Can you imagine what the Republican outrage would be if any Republican candidate admitted to working on McGovern's presidential campaign in college. It would immediately make the candidate disqualified from the nomination.

The Democratic party has been taken over by the Republicans. How Hillary stole the nomination from Sanders is well-documented.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

That would bless my left brain-half with the utmost pleasure impulse!

Trump broke the law. He should be impeached.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Unlike most posters on ATS these days I don't suffer from political amnesia.

Republicans on ATS posted the same # about Clinton and Obama as you read about Trump. The only thing that has changed is forcefulness of the language, which is slightly more abusive and is a sign of the times rather than anything really new.

Anyone who claims differently/tried to make out it didn't happen is a hypocrite - all you have to do is search back far enough in the threads here and you'll find the vitriol - the so called "Trump derangement syndrome" is exactly the same as the BS hysteria the right posted about Obama, and the left posted about Bush, and the right posted about Clinton etc.

Its just that people have (deliberately) short memories, because it suits them.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Trump is exposing the madness of political reality.

He should be rewarded.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
You're right. For me at least, it isn't about Donald Trump. It could be anyone in his place and I'd be saying the same things.

Because the issue here is that everyone on the right doesn't care whether he breaks the law or not.

You all believe you are constantly in the right for everything you do, so whatever Trump does, regardless of whether it breaks the law or violates the constitution is ok. And that's crap. If a Democratic President was doing the same things Trump is doing while trying to legally argue he's above the law you better believe I'd be right here saying the same things.

At this point, it's nothing more than constitutionalists versus party loyalists.

It’s all about Trump with you, he owns you. I don’t ever see you calling the left out when they break the law or violate the constitution, you ignore it because, well.....orange man bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join