It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transcript of Zelensky phone call and evidence of cover-up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You certainly have the right to have your own opinion on Vindman and his actions. For me, I think he's a credible witness and he's just telling the truth. He seems like a upright type of person.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Goedhardt

There is only one-sided ‘evidence’, leaked by a partisan politician, who has some trouble with the truth in his statements in the past:

Please try the ‘shoe on the other foot’ test end tell me you think this is fair.

Maybe you should try that "shoe on the other foot thing" when it comes to another partisan politician who's had trouble with the truth in the past..

The argument over whether or not Democrats have the authority to make judgments on Trump has NOTHING to do with the direct quotes made by Vindman.

And you dont get to gatekeep who responds to your thread and what they respond with.

It's the mud pit, and staying completely on topic isn't required in the rules for this sub-forum. Maybe you need to check that out before trying to tell other members how they can respond to your thread.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

"He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue," the rough transcript cites Zelensky as saying.
Vindman's testimony that some specific details were left out of the rough transcript adds further insight about how the White House handled the call and Democrats' concerns that the Trump administration engaged in a coverup."

You mean to tell me 5 pages of double spaced text isn't 30 minutes of conversation?

Shenanigans.

Your comment has nothing to do with anything of the thread topic. Vindman said the transcript changed the words of what was said.

It has everything to do with it. Obviously there was a lot left out, which includes what Vindman was talking about.

Or do you believe that nothing was left out of it, even though that's what your OP is about?

My OP is not about what was left out. I was quoting what Vindman said and what it meant. I think what Vindman said seems to indicate there was a cover-up. This is enough for me for it to be given to the Senate for the members of the Senate to decide.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
yep
he has a venue to express his view
he chose NOT to use such
he simply has a different opinion than his cic
he can resign
or he can stow it

as to the accuracy of the "transcript"
trump did not write it
the issue would be with those who did
that will in no way get hung on potus

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

It seems it's not just a violation of election laws and quid pro quo. There seems to be evidence from Vindman's testimony there may have been some obstruction of justice issues:

Vindman was on the call and heard the conversation real-time. From Vindman's opening statement, ""I was concerned by the call. I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen, and I was worried about the implications for the U.S. government's support of Ukraine,"

"Vindman also said that he would have edited the transcript to specifically show that Zelensky mentioned Burisma -- the company that hired Hunter Biden -- rather than just "the company," according to sources."

"He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue," the rough transcript cites Zelensky as saying.

Vindman's testimony that some specific details were left out of the rough transcript adds further insight about how the White House handled the call and Democrats' concerns that the Trump administration engaged in a coverup."

Vindman says White House omitted Trump's reference to Biden tapes in transcript of Zelensky call

Republicans need to stop blaming Democrats for what Trump did to himself or continues to do to himself.

"I did not think it was proper to demand that a foreign government investigate a U.S. citizen"

Show us in the transcript where Trump "demanded" anything. Opinion or fact?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

There is only one-sided ‘evidence’, leaked by a partisan politician, who has some trouble with the truth in his statements in the past:

Please try the ‘shoe on the other foot’ test end tell me you think this is fair.

Maybe you should try that "shoe on the other foot thing" when it comes to another partisan politician who's had trouble with the truth in the past..

The argument over whether or not Democrats have the authority to make judgments on Trump has NOTHING to do with the direct quotes made by Vindman.

And you dont get to gatekeep who responds to your thread and what they respond with.

It's the mud pit, and staying completely on topic isn't required in the rules for this sub-forum. Maybe you need to check that out before trying to tell other members how they can respond to your thread.

I don't disagree with your comments on gatekeeping.

Regardless of your meaningless non-sequitor trying to derail the thread, I believe the Vindman quotes to be damning evidence against Trump.

edit on 30-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

trump did not write it

And if Trump gave the order that the transcript should be edited?

link   
Yeah I'm not so sure, here is this article, food for thought.

www.nytimes.com...=https://t.co/Sths3Tjmbc

This dude sought to alter the transcripts and he failed when it was stored on the secure servers, thus running to Schiff.

There are literally a half a dozen transcribers on this calls.

If I didn't know any better, this IS the WB...

edit on 30-10-2019 by Arnie123 because: Heh

link   

I don't disagree with your comments on gatekeeping.

Regardless of your meaningless non-sequitor trying to derail the thread, I believe the Vindman quotes to be damning evidence against Trump.

As do I.

Hence the comments I made.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What if a VP of another country told Obama he was not getting a new trade deal unless Lynch was fired. Oh, and he better fire her in 6 hours.

Think about that for a minute.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Like has already been pointed out numerous times. The full transcript is already released and the transcript was done like all other phone call transcripts. All this dude is doing is trying to spin the news without anything to back up his claims. The Dems were caught with their pants down when Trump released the transcript plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Apparently even more Pentagon officials will be interviewed. trump stepped in it ...

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The full transcript is already released and the transcript was done like all other phone call transcripts.

Do you have a link to the full transcript? All I can find is a memo released by the white house that says "this is not a transcript".

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

UNCLASSIFIED
Declassified by order of the President
September 24, 2019

MEMORANDUM OF TELEPHONE CONVERSATION
SUBJECT: Telephone Conversation with President Zelenskyy of Ukraine
Participants: President Zelenskyy of Ukraine
Notetakers: The White House Situation Room
Date, Time July 25, 2019, 9:03-9:33 am EDT
and Place: Residence

The President: Congratulations on a great victory. We all watched from the United States and you did a terrific job. The way you came from behind, somebody who wasn't given much of a chance, and you ended up winning easily. It's a fantastic achievement. Congratulations.

President Zelenskyy: You are absolutely right Mr. President. We did win big and we worked hard for this. We worked a lot but I would like to confess to you that I had an opportunity to learn from you. We used quite a few of your skills and knowledge and were able to use it as an example for our elections and yes it is true that these were unique elections. We were in a unique situation that we were able to achieve a unique success. I'm able to tell you the following; the first time you called me to congratulate me when I won my presidential election, and the second time you are now calling me when my party won the parliamentary election. I think I should run more often so you can call me more often and we can talk over the phone more often.

The President: (laughter) That's a very good idea. I think your country is very happy about that.

President Zelenskyy: Well yes, to tell you the truth, we are trying to work hard because we wanted to drain the swamp here in our country. We brought in many many new people. Not the old politicians, not the typical politicians, because we want to have a new format and a new type of government. You are a great teacher for us and in that.

The President: Well it is very nice of you to say that. I will say that we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing and they should be helping you more than they are. Germany does almost nothing for you. All they do is talk and I think it's something that you should really ask them about. When I was speaking to Angela Merkel she talks Ukraine, but she ·doesn't do anything. A lot of the European countries are the same way so I think it's something you want to look at but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine. I wouldn't say that it's reciprocal necessarily because things are happening that are not good but the United States has been very very good to Ukraine.

President Zelenskyy: Yes you are absolutely right. Not only 100%, but actually 1000% and I can tell you the following; I did talk to Angela Merkel and I did meet with her I also met and talked with Macron and I told them that they are not doing quite as much as they need to be doing on the issues with the sanctions. They are not enforcing the sanctions. They are not working as much as they should work for Ukraine. It turns out that even though logically, the European Union should be our biggest partner but technically the United States is a much bigger partner than the European Union and I'm very grateful to you for that because the United States is doing quite a lot for Ukraine. Much more than the European Union especially when we are talking about sanctions against the Russian Federation. I would also like to thank you for your great support in the area of defense. We are ready to continue to cooperate for the next steps specifically we are almost. ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

The President: I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it. There are a lot of things that went on, the whole situation. I think you're surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you saw yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you do it if that's possible.

President Zelenskyy: Yes it is very important for me and everything that you just mentioned earlier. For me as a President, it is very important and we are open for any future cooperation. We are ready to open a new page on cooperation in relations between the United States and Ukraine. For that purpose, I just recalled our ambassador from United States and he will be replaced by a very competent and very experienced ambassador who will work hard on making sure that our two nations are getting closer. I would also like and hope to see him having your trust and your confidence and have personal relations with you so we can cooperate even more so. I will personally tell you that one of my assistants spoke with Mr. Giuliani just recently and we are hoping very much that Mr. Giuliani will be able to travel to Ukraine and we will meet once he comes to Ukraine. I just wanted to assure you once again that you have nobody but friends around us. I will make sure that I surround myself with the best and most experienced people. I also wanted to tell you that we are friends. We are great friends and you Mr. President have friends in our country so we can continue our strategic partnership. I also plan to surround myself with great people and in addition to that investigation, I guarantee as the President of Ukraine that all the investigations will be done openly and candidly.. That I can assure you.

The President: Good because I heard you had a prosecutor who was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor of New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General. Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States, the woman, was bad news and the people she was dealing with in the Ukraine were bad news so I just want to let you know that. The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

President Zelenskyy: I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all, I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved, by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look into the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of the investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that a

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

trump did not write it

And if Trump gave the order that the transcript should be edited?

if the sky falls tomorrow?

seriously?

how about if trump ate children for dinner last night in the white house?
how about that?

it is just as likely.....

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Fair?

lol

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Apparently even more Pentagon officials will be interviewed. trump stepped in it ...

www.rawstory.com...

Your emotionally contrived hit pieces have zero merit.

You might as well source GP, tDB or Vox as well if you want to take those routes and hope others try to take your bait.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

www.rawstory.com...

lol
sure

as if they get to question motivation

more unelected bureaucrats crying wolf

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So certainly the investigators will interrogate the actual transcribers of this telephone call to confirm whether Vindmann's biased memory opinion after the fact is accurate? Telephone game as a kid is fun, but has no place as evidence in a legal proceeding. Thus why they have multiple transcribers to ensure the most accurate transcription.
edit on 10 30 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The full transcript is already released and the transcript was done like all other phone call transcripts.

Do you have a link to the full transcript? All I can find is a memo released by the white house that says "this is not a transcript".

Whitehouse.gov

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join