It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh oh! McKamey's Manor again! (Haunted House)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This place has been famous for a few years now.
If you sign the waiver and volunteer, maybe you’re as sick as the guy running it.

It wouldn’t still be a thing if there weren’t people into it.

It’s not like people don’t know what they are signing up for.

Leave the law out of it.
edit on 30-10-2019 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

my issue is that :

i view this a " predatory sadism " they are offering the " lure " of a substantial cash " prize "

the " prize " is a farce - hidden behind a insane 40 page legalease caveat - that allows them to be sadists and never pay out

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
a reply to: JAGStorm

those things are NOT against the law. The things I mentioned are against the law. So I really do not understand your point.

I personally do not think any new laws need creating. Seems torture and maiming of people is already covered.

The things they are doing in the haunted house are not against the law. They are only against the law without consent.
If I love to eat my own vomit (I don't but just for arguments sake) If I love it, and eat it at my house, is that against the law?
No, if I go to a haunted house and I eat it, why is it against the law there? It's not.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Sorry, but having your fingernails pulled out by someone and waterboarding are both considered "torture" and both are absolutely against the law.

Consent does not matter.

Eating your own puke or even someone else's puke = not against the law, just gross.

My opinion is that the waterboarding and pulling of fingernails does not happen, it's a lie.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
brilliant marketing

and even better that fox picked it up, because that is exactly what the house owner wants AND the participants want.

i watched one of those 600 pound fat people shows for 5 minutes the other day, cause i forgot to change the channel.
the chick gets stuck inside a car.
yet, there she is, on tv, SHOWING herself get stuck in the car.

and i guarantee you, she told everyone in her 'social media' hey im on 600 pound fattie show tonite, watch me get stuck in a car and 'cry' about it.

people will do anything to be famous. its pathetic. yes it is damn cool to be famous, but at least TRY to do something creative, not be a dancer in blackface for the inter-nationalizts who run the media.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Sorry, but having your fingernails pulled out by someone and waterboarding are both considered "torture" and both are absolutely against the law.

The United States Federal law does not list a specific criminal determination for consensual BDSM acts. Some states specifically address the idea of "consent to BDSM acts" within their assault laws, such as the state of New Jersey, which defines "simple assault" to be "a disorderly persons offense unless committed in a fight or scuffle entered into by mutual consent, in which case it is a petty disorderly persons offense".

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well, what is the law specific to Tennessee? Post that for us.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, what is the law specific to Tennessee? Post that for us.

Man people are getting lazy on ATS, click those fingers and you look it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

None that I'm able to locate.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Well McKamey denies the waterboarding allegations. I have yet to find anyone claiming they had their fingernails pulled out.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Even if they were true consensual acts like that are not considered torture in most states and would fall under something like simple assault even if they were illegal.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

He posted a law from another state in response to my claim that torture is against the law. I could have simply dismissed it completely as not being relevant to TN.

I am still pretty confidant that waterboarding and pulling fingernails is illegal in all states, since torture is against the law.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Even if they were true consensual acts like that are not considered torture in most states and would fall under something like simple assault even if they were illegal.

Assault is against the law. I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

No, I posted the Federal take on BDSM and the quote clearly showed that 'some states' have their own statutes. You're also wrong about what you think is illegal across the country, if one person consents to be 'tortured' by another the Federal government doesn't care.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Assault is against the law. I rest my case.

You need to show it's considered assault in Tennessee, your opinion is not really relevant.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Just because the water "looks dirty" doesnt mean it is. It's all psychological and McKamey makes a claim that hypnosis and power of suggestion are tools used to create the experience. If you really want to be truly horrified, take a trip to a local chicken processing plant. Never have I seen more frightening scenes that unfortunately were all reality.

I had to stop eating chicken for awhile, truly a horrible experience was my quick glimpse of how chicken is processed. And I am no animal rights activist or vegan, just someone truly horrified. As for shutting down something you have never participated in, nor have taken part in, is rather petty. The article I read has McKamey claiming that background checks are done on workers and participants and no one who has a record is allowed, so more than skeptical of the reddit users claims.

McKamey himself consumes no alcohol, no drugs, and never has by his on admission. He claims that films are made to protect against claims made against his brand of theater. Many times he has had participates claim that something happened that did not, and the films prove the claims false and only products of the psychological techniques utilized.

If you are frightened of spaghetti sauce or fake blood then dont participate. But to call and cry for it to be shutdown because of water that looks dirty shows the nanny state some people live in. They wouldn't ever truly jeopardize anyone and since it can be stopped at any point by the participants or by workers its moot. Hollywood displays much more psychological terror on the big screen than these haunted houses or terror houses.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Waterboarding? Having your fingernails pulled out?

Please find me anywhere in the states where this would be considered "legal". You wont. It's not.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I'm not here arguing in a court of law. And I certainly don't intend on doing any Google search to back up my claims/opinion.

If you think that waterboarding and pulling out fingernails would somehow NOT be against the law, good on you.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Do you know how the law works? It not a list of things you can do, it's a list of things you cannot do. If you don't have a particular statute in Tennessee preventing specific BDSM behavior than it's legal until one is passed.

This is how it works:

...Tennessee’s laws on assault and consent closely align with what the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom has laid out as ideal...

www.utdailybeacon.com... html" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Source

You're free to dig into the NCSF deigns to be consent and get back to us.

edit on 30-10-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm not here arguing in a court of law.

You're arguing that you know the law and are insistent about that point.

And I certainly don't intend on doing any Google search to back up my claims/opinion.

Lazy? Check. I did it for you.

If you think that waterboarding and pulling out fingernails would somehow NOT be against the law, good on you.

If I ask someone to waterboard me it isn't illegal, particularly if I signed off on a consent form and had myself recorded doing as such.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join