It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Blew up an Innocent man’s House in search of an Armed Shoplifter Too bad, Court rules!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
We really have great Judges in this country don't we. We also have great laws; To Serve and Protect the Government & Politicians! The rest? Judges all over the place here in the USA bleed all over themselves for an Illegal Immigrant and the criminals among us yet look at what they now ruled on this guy. I wonder whether his Homeowners Insurance was void due to the involvement of police. In brief this sucks.

Please look at the pictures of what they did to the house. Yes possibly necessary but to simply screw the homeowner?

The Washington Post

When they were finished, it looked as though the Greenwood Village, Colo., police had blasted rockets through the house. Projectiles were still lodged in the walls. Glass and wooden paneling crumbled on the ground below the gaping holes, and inside, the family’s belongings and furniture appeared thrashed in a heap of insulation and drywall. Leo Lech, who rented the home to his son, thought it looked like al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden’s compound after the raid that killed him. But now it was just a neighborhood crime scene, the suburban home where an armed Walmart shoplifting suspect randomly barricaded himself after fleeing the store on a June afternoon in 2015. For 19 hours, the suspect holed up in a bathroom as a SWAT team fired gas munition and 40-millimeter rounds through the windows, drove an armored vehicle through the doors, tossed flash-bang grenades inside and used explosives to blow out the walls.

edit on 30-10-2019 by Waterglass because: added

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I wonder if you can get a rider on homeowner's insurance to cover police destroying your house when you are an innocent party?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Whatever happened to just talking to people?

Did they fire all the negotiators?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Every law in the USA always seems to be written to protect the criminal element. Including the criminal element in protecting local, state and federal governments from their constituents when the constituents are simply "tread" on.

Didn't one law that was enacted here serve to protect the citizens from housing and feeding British solders in the Revolutionary war?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

They love to shoot there boom booms. All this over a shoplifting incident? Possibly the guy should sue the store who called the police.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just thought of something.
What if the shoplifter had run into a church instead of that guys house?
Would the police have blown up the church? A church that likely pays no property taxes?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
These kinds of stories make me angry.

This is completely senseless and uncalled for! I could see it if the guy was some kind of a mass-murderer, but this is just way off the reservation!

Police State!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

SWAT officers attempted to enter the home on one occasion but retreated after believing they heard Seacat fire several rounds.

They believe? What was his weapon, a toy pistol that shoots blankets? A .22?

This is just wrong, how the family is treated now. A big go f yourself from all the involved instances...great!
edit on 30-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

A toy pistol that shoots blankets would be amazing.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I'm not big on the GoFundMe stuff unless I am the recipient but I think this case needs to go to the Supreme Court as there is precedent against this ruling. Hopefully he gets some pro bono or there is some fundraising that allows him to proceed.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Yeah translation, sorry. What I want to say is, that justification is a bit weak looking instead they took apart the house.

I get safety for the officers who risk their lives. In a way, it is the fault of the higher ups because they can not take steps for reparation. If those who ruled against reparations would care, the discussion point about the officers decision would not be on the table.

That could be a fund for example. Blame it on the criminal as an argument even. The home does not look that expensive either so take things into hands. I am not sure if I read it was rented, so that one is even more affected.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

there's a thread about this on here some where, posted right after it happened.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Any sources other that WP? Might as well be CNN.

Next we'll find out it's really just the set of the next Terminator movie.

All else aside, cops doing their job. "If true"... man I hate that phrase, it seems a bit excessive. I guess whatever it takes to catch a perp. What happened to precision incursion? And how does this guy know what Bin Laden's compound looked like? Just a weird story.

Anyway, the owner needs to go after the perp, not police or the city. It's the perps responsibility for any damages incurred by the crime. But, of course, he's probably broke, so the lawyers wasted time and money going after everyone else. All around a sh*t show.

Ok, I'm done ranting. Pardon
edit on 30-10-2019 by SilentWindofDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I mean....

The guy tried to run over a cop and then shot at them. I know WaPo is a bastion of accurate journalism, but they seem to have left out some key details of the story this time.

Yea, it sucks that this dude had his house wrecked because a guy who had tried to kill cops chose his house to hide, eat his food, shoot up with drugs a couple of times, etc., and the decent thing to have done would be to at least offset some of the damage caused. But it ain’t like the PD just showed up and started blasting walls open from the very beginning, nor was it all over a couple of belts.
edit on 30-10-2019 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Nuts. I check everything I put out there so as to not duplicate someone else's thread. Sorry
edit on 31-10-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

the thread wasn't about the court ruling, it was about the incident. i tried to find it, if i recall it was one of the many cop bashing threads.

don't get me wrong, i think the city, state or what ever government entity should take care of these peoples house whether it's repair or tear down and rebuild.

but also i realize that Law Enforcement can't always control what a perpetrator does during their attempt to flee. They have to respond in kind, or just let them go. now if they do the latter perpetrators will start to think that if they fight and run more aggressively than they all ready do. fairly soon if there will be more lawlessness and people will be crying about Law enforcement aren't doing enough to protect them and their property.

criminals and thugs don't give a sh@@ about joe and jenny six pack so long as they can kill, steal, beat, and get away with it and it doesn't matter who they hurt doing it.

edit on 31-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join