It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   

He breaks it down like this...

a black hole's event horrizon always will increase in size because of the energy being enveloped in the singularity causes it to get larger this is due to the second law of thermal dinamics.

So you make a black hole in a point in space where there is a lot of matter to absorb the black hole's event horizon will get biger and more stuff will be able to flow in the more stuff that goes in the larger the event horizon gets..

see where I am going with this?

Yeah, but what about the gravitational field that could prevent the mini-black hole to increase in size? That's how JT theory worked I think­.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First firings sched for NOV 2007

CERN FIRINGS

Not that I believe TITOR

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I still think this is a bad move without further research into the properties of a minature singularity. I think that it might have dire conciquences for a large portion of the globe if left unchecked.

Although a lot smarter people are working on this thain me.

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Fictional use of two black holes in mutual orbit to produce a time machine:

Paul Preuss The Gates of Heaven 1980

Fictional creation of mini-black holes by CERN, requiring a time communication machine as a plot device to repair the damage caused:

Paul Hogan Thrice Upon A Time

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Quoted from whatukno...

a black hole's event horrizon always will increase in size because of the energy being enveloped in the singularity causes it to get larger this is due to the second law of thermal dinamics.

And I quite agree,however if the BH is held in a vacuum would it be usable as a propulsion source?would it even work?

Scientists being as they are,(i.e."what happens when we prod this?)they are probably working towards making a BH,and if I've understood all the mad jargon I've read over the years,a small BH will collapse if not"fed".

On the positive side,what about having a Black Hole Trashcan?

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bmxgimp
Quoted from whatukno...

Not just right. There is Hawkings radiation into play also. Their claim based on hawkings theorie is that very small black holes will 'bleed' out and decay in no time and therefore it's safe.

Check my old thread about this cern and blackhole thing:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If the theorie is right we are safe.

The only thing that disturbs me on this is, that it is a theorie and not ever confirmed through an observation until now.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That all seems to have been covered,then.

"Vacuum Instability"Sounds kinda innocent,doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by Denied

Will they accidentally discover "Time Travel"?

Time Travel would be awesome, but I would settle for sucking France into a blackhole.

Yeeehahahaha That's funny

Though me thinks if France got sucked into a black hole then the UK may get hit by a tsunami lol

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 5-2-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The LHC and the possibility of creating Blacks holes has been around for nearly 22 years.
So John Titor could have just read about this information in the last 22 years.

CERN Research on LHC

It was initially conceived 22 years ago and the construction was approved 10 years later.

LHC milestone triple jump

So I don't think has predicted anything here...

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

John Titor predicted that the CERN insisutution would accidentally discover the technology that allows for time travel. So far, his predictions have been tracking well with reality...CERN is now underway building their biggest-ever proton-proton collider. Some researchers have now pointed out that one result might be the creation of "Mini Black Holes", or as John Titor called them...microsingularities...

.... it's a Hadron-Hadron Collider... its being used to identify "The" fundamental particle... these particles theoretically exist in everything so how would identifying them cause a blackhole? it makes'a no sense!

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
im just curious abotu this time traveller guy, doesnt the fact that he even did "time travel" to the past means that hes already changed the timelines by even hinting at his story, now that we know about him and his predictions do start coming true wont we be able to stop them before these wars start. as we know the outcome and none of us really wants them to happen

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
They are building the Stargate into the Time continuum
Oh No !

~Blink~

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i didnt read this entire thread, but... Wouldnt a tiny black hole have a really really low gravitational pull? why are people so scared of the idea of making tiny black holes?

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
oh man.....i just read in The Week about CERN and how they expect to find tiny black holes but that they won't do anything. AND that they are testing the STRING THEORY - no way it could all be so similar. Also, with the economy and the Georgia/Russia thing, the fact that the US is quickly deteriorating financially while China and other major countries are flourishing, and the grim warning that this economic crisis is worse than the Great Depression and bread lines will eventually be forming....let's all just hold on tight!

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by e 2 e k 1 a 7

This is definetly quite a interesting breakthrough - "Creating" Black holes!

Although i do agree that this is quite a dangerous event, due to the unknowns of the event - My worry would be this..

Are we going to see people literally trying to "alter history?" like with the movie timecop.. it's a obvious question that does need answering, along with many others! Time travel itself is a dangerous event, let alone tweaking history to favor your own outcome.

think about it..

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It is very possible!but john titor said that C.E.R.N. didn't know what they created at first.so it would be a while before they would anounce it assuming the government doesent cover up the descovery.remember the military had control of the first time machine using this technolagy so it possible we may never know about time travel and the john titor incodent.it was a military unit that had controll of these machines.so it would be labeld hillily classified! no one would know of the testing and developement of the C204 gravity distorton time displacement unit if it were ever created.just remember he said he was from an alternate year 2036 that had a 2% diffrance from our own timeline.he also changed the future by talking about his time!proabily for the best...john titor was taking a big risk talking about all this.i think he proabily was dissornablely discharged and arrested for blabing about this online if his "world line" colided with ours somehow.my poind is just saying "people wont belive me so it's my best defence"just doesnt cut it when you are in a military cort when it comes to top secret info.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Black hole's are perhap's the very reason for this time space contuui's exsitance, the creation of one however would be the act of an imbecile because theoretical physic's aside we do not know how to control one. they are tempting as a source of energy and what tin pot wearing general would not want to be able to drop a black hole bomb on his enemy.

Here is a theory that is both related and unrelated to this, if you like the big bang you will like this.

gravity is thousand'd of time's weaker than almost any other known force as can be demostrated by placing a magnet over a larger piece of iron, electro magentic force will defeat gravity and lift the metal.
Matter lenses but doese not produce gravity and there is a theory gravity emanate's from elsewere maybe subspace.

At the centre of any large mass objest such as that create's it's own gravity well it is pressure and electrostatic attraction that hold's it together as all matter is around that point therefore gravity would pull outward on that point but it would be a very small point.

Now imagine the collapse of a supermassive star forming it into a TRUE black hole, time and space stop at the event horizon, now what do you think happened at the centre as it collapsed it must have pulled outward with equal force but on a very small point from all direction's and formed an internal event horizon around it, perhap's rupturing the time space field and exploding hyperspace energy into normal space allowing it to coalesce into energy, time matter and space that may have formed a new time space continuui (what most people call the universe but it is only a tiny part of the whole), now there is another effect to the formation of a black hole, remember how I said the event horizon is the point at which time and space stop it also homogenises any parrallel reality's that coexist at that point and at it's formation may send a pulse at the speed of light outward that acts like a zipper drawing these reality back into a single combinant reality which is why when you were holding your keys in your right hand and suddenly realise they are in your left or why when you reread that book parts are missing and the story seem's a bit different.

There is a theory that black hole's undergoe a process called quantumne evaporation but it would be more acurate to call it closing i.e. it shrink's untill it disappear's, the smaller it get's the faster it shrink's but the event horizon maintain's it's arterial bleed of gravity from subspace at a constant rate until it is completely gone.
An observer inside the new universe would upon checking the furthest astronomical object's find they are accelerating apart and one day they would be too far apart to see but he would search for a mythical long wavelength anti gravity force, the black hole was spinning and it's center shifted so he would not knowing this wonder why the mass of the universe was asymetrically displaced and decide it was there but we could not see it so he would call it dark matter and/but upon analysing it he would find some dark matter but not enough.

In the end long after his time the remnent's of his universe would have spread so far that near entropy would have occured and at that point they would encounter the event horizon surrounding it undergoing spaghetification and complete unravelling of the superfield and the gravity that had given birth to that universe would fianlly destroy it as the internal event horizon vanished along with all it held at the same time as the external event horizon, now time in the new universe flowed relatively far faster that time outside the parent black hole, time and space are not linear.

And by that reasoning based on current astronomical analysis are we inside a black hole inside a universe just like our's but with time flowing far more slowly and using quantumne science will we one day be able to travel between these contiuii by finding the exact centre of each and moving into a parrallel reality were the black hole responsable doese not exist then using quantumne tunneling step to the point of the centre of each universi if we are travelling inward or outward into a tiny point that was to become our universe and step out of it through quantumne tunneling to explore those continuii.

doese this discount god, no and I personally am a christian so despite some making science there only religeon I feel this doese not discount god.
edit on 28-1-2013 by LABTECH767 because: big finger's and small key's

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.therealityfiles.com...

The basics of time travel will begin for you at CERN in about a year when they announce their ability to create microsingularities, and end in 2034 with the building of the first “time machine.” The unit I have is called a GE C204 gravity-distortion unit. It’s about 5-feet-long and 2-feet-by-2-feet square. The C204 unit is accurate from 50 to 60 years a jump and travels at about ten years an hour at 100% power.

During operation the C204 is usually placed inside a vehicle. The gravity field generated by the unit overtakes you very quickly. You feel a tug toward the unit similar to rising quickly in an elevator, and it continues to rise based on the power setting. Outside, the vehicle appears to accelerate as the light is bent around it. After that, it appears to fade to black and remains totally black outside the vehicle until the unit is turned off.

Can you travel to a place and time of your choice?

The distortion unit has operational limits. The unit I have begins to “break away” at about 60 years. In other words, if I wanted to go back 2,000 years and meet Christ, there is a good chance I would end up on a worldline where he was never born.

What would happen if you met yourself in another timeline?

Nothing would happen. The universe is made up of infinite worldlines where everything is possible and has a 100% chance of happening. Therefore, there are no paradoxes.

2034.. mark ur calendars folks? wonder how long after will time travel take to become commercial, and in the interim, if the government will bother attempting to mess with timelines considering the theory that timelines are 'parallel'?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

Great... I can go back and tell mu stupid younger self not to piss on my brain by partying and drinking three times a week...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join