It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor Was Right: CERN to begin producing Black Holes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I worked at CERN (and recently visited) for a long time.

I also was involved in the LHC effort.

There will be no black hole at CERN, end of story, and I don't care for Titor's rant and rave.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Does anyone know when the accelerator at CERN will be actually ready for use?

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

in 2007.

for more info, check www.cern.ch

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey

In 2007. There are several stories on Yahoo today that have pictures; that sucker is huge.

news.search.yahoo.com...

Kudos to the author of this thead for starting current info on Titors theory, we need more of them.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Countermeasures

Iow: Even my mother could have made that prediction...

Again, can you prove this? That cern was planning on building mini black holes.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Originally posted by Countermeasures

Iow: Even my mother could have made that prediction...

Again, can you prove this? That cern was planning on building mini black holes.

I have been searching, and I can't find any articles prior to 2001 suggesting that CERN and the LHC might produce black holes...strange that scientists suddently found themselves on this train of thought in 2001...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Someone just needs to create a black hole big enough to put the Bush administration in and all will be fine!

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus

Originally posted by Neon Haze
I still maintain that there is no way a time traveller can travel back to a point before the time machine was created. to do that you really would have to break some fundamental physics...

Once you are not bound by time...the concepts of before and after have absolutely no meaning. If you are dislodged from time, then time is no longer linear...the rules of linear time no longer apply.

That is one possible interpretation...

Personally I like o think of Time as the movement of matter through multi dimensional space... So I think that to travel through time you have to be able to move matter through multidimensional space without actually travelling.

You see if you take away the time dimension to our space no life or movement exists, almost like pause on your video.

However.........

There is a principle on Quantum physics called the uncertainty principle.
Simply put it states that every possible outcome could and can happen at the same time.....

so time could be considered the process of selection of many number of possible outcomes..... an infinite number of possible outcomes....

So to travel through time you would actually have to be able to realise and revert the universe to an earlier rendition of itself.... But if you had the power to do that why not just change the universe to what ever you wanted because that is frankly the power of Gods....

Science and Religion seldom mix.... that is where philosophy comes in...

Neon.

As for the MHC at Cern.... IT CAN AND WILL PRODUCE MICRO BLACK HOLES..... part of it's main purpose apart from trying to detect more fundamental matter.

HAZE....

[edit on 8-3-2005 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You see if you take away the time dimension to our space no life or movement exists, almost like pause on your video.

Actually time itself does not exist. It is simply a way for us to measure change. The only way to eliminate time is to become unchangeable. This is the nature of eternity.

So going back in time involves more than tracking backwards in time itself...you must find a way into parallel universes. Time does't help. That's like saying you can travel from New York to Los Angeles by running your finger along a ruler until you get there.

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geneticus

Originally posted by Nygdan
This is hardly a prediction. Its part of what people have allways hoped CERN could do.

Indeed, titor was able to say this because it was already established that it'd try to do this...

And most damningly, the whole titor story was lifted, in detail, from a fictional book.

I'd like to see an article mentioning how CERN was planning on creating black holes prior to John Titor's predictions

Do you think then that the research came up out of nowhere? Or that it jumped from nothing to getting time at cern to make black holes?

Also, which book did Titor copy?

I beleive it was called 'alas babylon'.

The way Titor described it, the localized distortion field created by holding two microsingularities in close proximity dislodges the occupants of the field from time

You do realize that thats a lot of pseudo-scientific babble right? Its meaningless. The [babble] lets you travel thru time. Even if the whole thing is true, and titor is from the future, that stuff is still babble, because its meaningless in the hear and now. 'We don't know how titor travels thru time', is all that can be said.

Martial Law would probably do the trick.

Sure, one can make up all sorts of possiblities that can make civil war. Problem is, the titor mythos is a radical right militia movement wet dream. The scum in the city are the ones who give up their rights, and the folks in the country proudly maintain them, and the 'battle lines' parrallel the 2000 election districts, with democrats in the cities and republicans on the good side. Any 'situation' that is dreamt up almost invariably invovles bush doingsomething crazy. I can't see bush getting democrats in the cities to side with him in a civil war against the rest of the country.
One could say 'well I'll wait and see', but why bother? its all bunkum.

Indigo_child
Can you prove that?

Considering that you take vague translations about iron bolts to mean nuclear missiles and advanced techonolgoy, I suppose I can prove that using a recipe for black pudding.

Here's a popular press article about the science and history of black holes. It notes

Einstein showed us that matter and energy are equivalent, so you can also make a black hole by pushing a huge amount of energy into a tiny volume. For those kinds of experiments, there's an obvious choice: particle accelerators.

The point is, the idea is not something that you have to be from the future to have thought of, and its not happening 'accidentally' either.

\There are 9 months to go to 2006.

And there have not been Waco type events each month. Prediction failed.

That is actually true there was quite a bit of unrest around election time

He was talking about civil unrest, not people whining about their guy not winning.

There is an issue that could cause a civil war - a draft and a war with Iran

Which doesn't fit in at allin the titor scenario. But, agian, we can easily imagine a situation in which civil war might be provoked and the Russians nuke the US. Heck, someone did so and passed it off as a story from a time traveler.

aelita
I worked at CERN (and recently visited) for a long time.

So when are you going to give John Titor credit for inventing black holes?!!
Seriously tho, what did you do there?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Nydgan,

With all due respect, but you are not the best person to consult on science. Especially, after your comments in my thread. It appears you do not even understood the very basics of science. So for you say actual science is pseudo science babble, when you 've called actual science "wrong" should just be ignored. I mean come on a lot of the physics I had to point out to you is taught in high school.

Whoever Titor was, Nydgan, he understood science and physics at a level beyond your own.

Considering that you take vague translations about iron bolts to mean nuclear missiles and advanced techonolgoy, I suppose I can prove that using a recipe for black pudding.

Nydgan, just shut up. Firstly, we are not talking about my thread here, and secondly you really shouldn't have any mouth to speak about that, after your performance in that thread.

Einstein showed us that matter and energy are equivalent, so you can also make a black hole by pushing a huge amount of energy into a tiny volume. For those kinds of experiments, there's an obvious choice: particle accelerators.

So where does it say that CERN is planning on building microsingularities - mini blackholes.

There are 9 months to go to 2006. The prediction fails after 2006, before then, no one can say his predictions have failed. However, I can trust you, to say that though. You are quite infamous for saying x,y and z is wrong, no matter how devoid of actual sense that maybe.

He was talking about civil unrest, not people whining about their guy not winning.

No, actually, theres quite a bit of unrest. There are still a small minority who are prepared for going to civil war. In fact, didn't Kerry say to Bush that there was a danger of civil war. I am sure i heard that.

Which doesn't fit in at allin the titor scenario.

Yes, it does. He said the deterioation of the middle east situation will lead to western instability. I suppose you did not read this - does not surpise me.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
An artificially created singularity would be more likely to fall to the center of the planet and suck up the whole Earth killing us all than lead to a time travel machine.

I still think Titor is a fake.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I saw something about this on the educational chanell. Some black dude was talking about being possible to go back in time only within the time the time machine was on. Meaning if we turned it on now and left it on till 2050 we would only be able to travel in the small time frame time machine is on. But as soon as the time machine (which hes working on now) is turned on for the first time it would start receiving messages. Its actually some very very intresting stuff. I just wonder if it would be possible to make a mini black hole. If that happend what would happen if you stick your finger in it?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't even state that CERN will actually succeed with creating a black hole of any size, only time can tell, not john titor, but here is just an example that the thought of creating/investigating micro-singularities was already entertained and hitting the mainstream BEFORE the John Titor hoax popped up around November 2000:

www.space.com...

You will probably find much more before that date if you start seriously digging using some DejaVu engine...

3. "We don't know what's on Mars yet."

A direct quote from John Titor, pulled from www.johntitor.com under the link 'John's World 2036'.

Even if a nuclear was occured between then and now and wiped out all existing evidence of the Red Rover mission and the Mars pictures, someone would still remember it. Hell, John Titor is 6 years old right now; he should remember it in 2036!

Here's more of the quote:

"No mission to Mars but we are working on it. There is a group working
on the idea of gravity displacement to get into space but the calculations
and error rate are very large obstacles to overcome."

Other points of critique on the Titor Story:

en.wikipedia.org...

Some argue that all these inconsistencies in the Titor story arise because he altered the timeline, again , unproved, unrealistic, unverifiable excuse, mostly done by people who weren't paying much attention during math class and want to create some margin of uncertainty, breathingspace if you like, for alien abductions, Reptillians, Greys etc to exist as well.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

[edit on 9-3-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
An artificially created singularity would be more likely to fall to the center of the planet and suck up the whole Earth killing us all than lead to a time travel machine.

I still think Titor is a fake.

You are not wrong.... there is no known way of containing a Singularity large enough to sustain itself...

any Micro Black Hole that was large enough would in fact sink through the earth and gradually eat away at the core until it caused a major disturbance at the surface....

There was a Sci-Fi Book I read ages ago about a discovery of an Alien communications device that used micro singualrites to communicate through gravity waves...

In the story they in advertently released the energy/grav field that was used to contain the mini black holes and they went straight through the floor and killed someone before sinking to the core of the planet. at the end of the book it focused on the the effects the black hole had...

firstly it sucked in the core of the planet... which caused major devistation on the surface (Earth quake - Reversed Volcano's etc...) It then went on to devour the entire planet.... Fast forward the hole get's larger and starts to move towards the local star......

hehehe

Anyway...

Neon....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

not the best person to consult on science. Especially, after your comments in my thread. It appears you do not even understood the very basics of science.

Your projection is irrelevant.

I mean come on a lot of the physics I had to point out to you is taught in high school.

Are you talking about your inept and incompetent atttempts at understanding basic atomic theory and chemistry?

just shut up.

Uhm....no. Nazi.

So where does it say that CERN is planning on building microsingularities - mini blackholes.

If you are incapable of understanding the connection between people talking about using particle accelerators to create miniblack holes, then I simply don't know what to say.

The prediction fails after 2006,

By your standards perhaps, but by reasonable standards a prediction that says 'Waco events every month' fails after the first month of no waco events, and is untenable when you are three months in and still, not a single Waco event.

There are still a small minority who are prepared for going to civil war.

And are they democrats or republicans? Are the bush supporters or anti-bush? The American Federal Empire, in the titor story, is made up of consituents of the Democratic Party, and is headed by the unamed federal administration. So the titor story requires that people in the cities give up their civil rights in exchange for protection from President Bush, and fight against people the rest of the country. This is plainly unrealistic and silly.

In fact, didn't Kerry say to Bush that there was a danger of civil war. I am sure i heard that.

Irrelevant. Thats not 'unrest'. Civil Unrest is disorder and violence, not whining.

Yes, it does. He said the deterioation of the middle east situation will lead to western instability.

And should I have to create footnotes to show that that too, like the CERN blackhole idea, is not original?

It leads to the cities becoming the bastion of the AFE with liberals and democrats living under the flag of Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz Rove and Rummsfeld, and has them polarized against the Red States. Its nonesense. The guy who made up the titor story, or rather copied it from a fictional book, had no way of knowing the current political situation, which is the exact reverse of what his scenario requires.

djohnsto77

These are 'micro' blackholes, they're too small to do anything like that, and they 'evaporate' via 'hawking radiation' into nothingness.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

There are 9 months to go to 2006.

Yes, but 2004 is gone.

And I can guarentee you with 100% accuracy that there will be no civil war this year.
That notion is actually laughable.

Do you honestly believe that? I mean really...do you seriously believe that in the space of just 9 months that the US will somehow magically be split into at least two different sides that are willing to give up their comforts, go to war, and kill their fellow citizens on the other side?

There's not an issue on earth that can or will cause the US to do that right now.

I remember Titor said that the war starts this year, but no one realizes it until 2008 until it is brought to our doorstep. How come everyone oversees this detail?

-Chris

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I can't believe we have yet another, Titor thread....what's the deal people...........add to an existing one already.........sheeeeesh!

What I can't believe is that you make an effort to purposely go on each Titor thread and post the same thing over again.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
I remember Titor said that the war starts this year, but no one realizes it until 2008

He says that by then its undeniable. He also says that there's an event like the Waco event in january, february, and march of this year, and there hasn't been.

He also gives a photo of a pen laser being bent by a 'microsingularity', while all other light remains fine.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Titor seems like an itch, annoying but one can't help but scratching....

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join