It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Walk Back Thursday Vote On Impeachment Inquiry

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: Extorris
You keep making the same pathetic statement. Ukraine’s prez didn’t even know the money was being held at the time of the call.

What are you jabbering about?
Why would he need to know the money was held up at the time of the call?
He already knew that Giulliani and crew were pressuring them to Interfere in the 2020 election for months and asked Taylor and others what to do about it.
And he sure as hell found out why the aid was held up after the call and asked Pence about it at their meeting a few weeks later.

He also asked Taylor

On Sept. 5, Mr. Taylor testified, Mr. Zelensky met in Kiev with Senators Ron Johnson, Republican of Wisconsin, and Christopher S. Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut.

Mr. Zelensky’s first question, Mr. Taylor said, was about the security aid. The senators responded, Mr. Taylor said, that Mr. Zelensky “should not jeopardize bipartisan support by getting drawn into U.S. domestic politics.”

But Mr. Sondland was still pressing for a commitment from Mr. Zelensky, and was pressing him to do a CNN interview in which he would talk about pursuing the investigations sought by Mr. Trump.

Just because Trump made the demand before Zelinsky realized the Aid wasn't coming until he complied makes it no less extortion.

And Zelinsky knew for months that Trump's minions wanted them to interfere in the 2020 election.

The Aid was just twisting the screws.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It’s somewhat of a prerequisite 101 for extortion. How do you extort someone without them knowing you have any leverage on them? You don’t.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
And the Ukrainian president said he wasnot pressured.
You know
The guy participating in the call.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dems: Trump robbed a bank!

Trump: Ummm, nope.

Bank: Ummm, nope.

Dems: The bank was robbed because we believe the bank was robbed!

Bank: WTF?

Trump: Seriously, WTF?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

oh no you dont. bill DID have due process rights. he was allowed a attorney as well as the ability to get witnesses.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: derfreebie

They forget that your are supposed to leave it on someone else’s doorstep. *shrug*

So when do the recall petitions start to be circulated this year?

If it was up to me, Ahab.. it would be 3 days after the DECLAS. But with that
supposedly humongous clodhopper dropping onto Martha McCallum's desk I
expect five minutes after I'm dead, the coast is clear for all kinds of debauchery.
This neighborhood consensus locally hasn't even noticed as much as Steny Hoyer
for administrative stumbling.. much less abandoning due process to GET Mr.T.
If the tipping point is 20% of the people fully awake for ANY positive citizen
action from a petition drive--- this year at all would be a waste of toilet tissue.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

It’s somewhat of a prerequisite 101 for extortion. How do you extort someone without them knowing you have any leverage on them? You don’t.

It is Mafia 101 for extortion. You don't burn down a shop and then ask for money from the owner. You first ask for tax from a shop owner. The owner says he will think about it and then a week later the garbage stops being collected, the mail stops being delivered and the police stop patrolling the street, then a window gets broken and eventually your shop will catch fire.

In this scenario, Zelinskey and his Aides were told for months what Trump wanted and they had asked US Diplomats like Taylor and others what to do about it. This is backed up by testimony of multiple witnesses present at meetings. Taylor told them not to get involved in US Elections. THAT is when Trump decided to turn the screw by withholding the Military Aid.

This is where you pretend to still not understand.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Dems: Trump robbed a bank!

Trump's Chief of staff: It happen's all the time, get over it!

Trump: Ummm, nope.

Trump: Here's a video of me running around the bank with a gun, my bank visit was Perfect! Some people say it is the most perfect bank visit in history!

Bank: Ummm, nope.

Bank: Ummmm...So is that lunatic that tried to rob us in charge of the police and everyone's safety here at the bank? I mean if we explain what happened do we stop getting any protection from the police? Cuz their is a mob of criminals in the lobby and that nut job seems to be good friends with them and we need help with this. This is awkward..We'd rather not get involved.

Dems: The bank was robbed because we believe the bank was robbed!

Congress: We now have testimony and depositions from a dozen witnesses explaining the heist planning and execution and robbery.

Bank: WTF?

Bank: No comment.

Trump: Seriously, WTF?

Trump: I am President. I am above the law.

edit on 1-11-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
None of which explains the Ukrainian presidents statements of the event
No pressure
No corruption

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
None of which explains the Ukrainian presidents statements of the event
No pressure
No corruption

I think that you aping WH propaganda "No Pressure" "No Corruption" "Perfect Call" is beneath you, but I guess you set that bar and no one else.

Here is an objective timeline with testimony and docs to back it up.

www.npr.org...

You can come to your own conclusions for your own benefit.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am fascinated by those who don't trust politicians (almost every poster here including myself) suddenly holding up Zelensky as an unimpeachably (pun) honest man in order to support Mr. Trump.

Consider Ukraine's position geopolitically. Do you think they are going to do anything to irritate the Trump?

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Further, it really doesn't matter what Zelensky feels.

It's not about him, it's about the President.

The President INTENDED to trade money for political gain from a foreign power. Is that ILLEGAL?

Probably not. The President has broad diplomatic powers.

Our standard though should not be could he do it but SHOULD he do it.

That's why the House has the broad power of impeachment.

To balance that, that's why the Senate has the sole power to acquit or remove.

BALANCE.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris
a reply to: Wardaddy454

off-topic, but here you go. Start a new thread if you want to play tennis on the issue.

United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334 of 2016 states that Israel's settlement activity constitutes a "flagrant violation" of international law and has "no legal validity". It demands that Israel stop such activity and fulfill its obligations as an occupying power under the Fourth Geneva Convention.

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny how the one with de facto control of the territory is labeled the "occupier". Which helps I suppose, when nothing else works. Why, from what I'm reading, Israel adheres to everything within article 4, except this. And by and large, this looks like an interpretation of the convention. Do the Geneva conventions apply to Hamas? No.

on Tuesday, William B. Taylor Jr., the top United States diplomat in Kiev, told House impeachment investigators that the freeze was directly linked to Mr. Trump’s demand.

In fact, word of the aid freeze had gotten to high-level Ukrainian officials by the first week in August, according to interviews and documents obtained by The New York Times.

The problem was not bureaucratic, the Ukrainians were told. To address it, they were advised, they should reach out to Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, according to the interviews and records.

The timing of the communications, which have not previously been reported, shows that Ukraine was aware the White House was holding up the funds weeks earlier than acknowledged.

It also means that the Ukrainian government was aware of the freeze during most of the period in August when Mr. Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and two American diplomats were pressing President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine to make a public commitment to the investigations.

I'm assuming this is after Taylor met with an aid to Adam Schiff, just days after the first "WB" complaint. My question is this. Why would Taylor have to ask Sondland about quid pro quo, over text message, if he knew that the freeze was directly related to Trump's "demand"?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join