It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Walk Back Thursday Vote On Impeachment Inquiry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

originally posted by: Arnie123

Just need 18 seats to flip the House back, retain Senate, RINOs maintain zero grip on power, as Bannon once said, Trump will unleash havoc.

You are comedic gold!
Thanks, I have a liberal arts degree in Communication, that sounds funny 🀭, I don't shy away from the stage πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‰

However, you haven't and have been deadly serious about your opinions, that, right there, is the perverbial punch line to this comedy act we have going on, appreciate the chuckle πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The right wing might be in trouble if they are looking to Tom Brokaw to save them.
...lol, right and conversely the Lefts ill attempt at putting together a valid impeachment case against the POTUS from second and third hand acccounts and already signaled and doomed at the Senate 🀭

Seriously, what did you REALLY THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?

This vote today makes it crystal clear that this inquiry is purely partisan. Not a single Republican supported it, while two Democrats broke ranks to oppose it.

If there was a real crime here, there would be bipartisan support.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Just need 18 seats to flip the House back, retain Senate, RINOs maintain zero grip on power, as Bannon once said, Trump will unleash havoc.

You are comedic gold!
Thanks, I have a liberal arts degree in Communication, that sounds funny 🀭, I don't shy away from the stage πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‰

However, you haven't and have been deadly serious about your opinions, that, right there, is the perverbial punch line to this comedy act we have going on, appreciate the chuckle πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

LOL Keep the humor coming!

Like how you boast about a degree in communications and follow with this word salad.

"However, you haven't and have been deadly serious about your opinions, that, right there, is the perverbial punch line to this comedy act we have going on, appreciate the chuckle"

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

The right wing might be in trouble if they are looking to Tom Brokaw to save them.
...lol, right and conversely the Lefts ill attempt at putting together a valid impeachment case against the POTUS from second and third hand acccounts and already signaled and doomed at the Senate 🀭

Seriously, what did you REALLY THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?

This vote today makes it crystal clear that this inquiry is purely partisan. Not a single Republican supported it, while two Democrats broke ranks to oppose it.

The vote was on process not crime.

I suspect it will be a more difficult vote for the few GOP with a soul left when articles of impeachment are voted on.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Good job missing the point.

The guy who literally wrote the book on Richard Nixon's impeachment is admitting that he doesn't see any crime to impeach Trump over.
A lot of people don't, except the left and those that hold water for them.

This is there next Mueller and it was always doomed from the start. Like, the Democrats actually think the American people are that stupid, its no wonder Trump ran circles around them, they haven't caught up with the times.

Todays impeachment vote saw ZERO republican support and two Dem defectors, this isn't a Bi Partisan thing, it is totally Partisan and it is damning in every optical sense on just how bad the Democrat party has fallen.

They hold judge and jury in secret, now they will stand alone as well and the American people will say,

"If this was so damning, why is this not Bipartisan? The Dems aren't telling us something and the GOP is screaming for transparency, well as a tax paying American, I want to know too!"

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

"If this was so damning, why is this not Bipartisan? The Dems aren't telling us something and the GOP is screaming for transparency, well as a tax paying American, I want to know too!"

Or maybe they will say "Trump is embarrassment to the country who broke the law and tried to extort Ukraine to help him in the 2020 election and got caught. The GOP is sinking to new lows to try and help him cover it up."

American's are not as dumb as the GOP and Trump in his "Great and unmatched wisdom" imagine them to be.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So there was no due process prior to this vote?

Not sure what you mean. The only real "due process" argument I've seen Trump make is claiming that he has the right to face his accuser (aka: the original whistleblower). That part of due process only comes in a trial, not during an investigation. In this case, the trial only comes if articles of impeachment pass through the HoR and move on to the Senate.

Do you know of any valid due process that he's been denied during an investigation?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

What gives you that impression? Republicans are renowned for their ability to curtail outliers in the party and get the entire party onboard whatever directives come from above. You'd have to stretch your imagination to assume the opposite is the standard.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I suspect it will be a more difficult vote for the few GOP with a soul left when articles of impeachment are voted on.

Then by that admission there will be no GOP votes for impeachment.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

Do you know of any valid due process that he's been denied during an investigation?

Don't expect anyone to answer that question.

The FOX News talking heads skipped over the difference between and investigation and trial when they told their viewers to be angry about due process.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

This has been an investigation like a room full of chimps on meth is a think-tank.

This is a farce, a witch hunt, a travesty of justice.

Kangaroo courts are looking in on this and are getting jealous.

This is so reminiscent of a Banana Republic that the ghost of Carmen Miranda has come back just to haunt the House Chambers.

I've let loose with farts with more substance than the democrats have.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I f i was senate majority leader i would put out a statement that we will not even enter this into the record and it dies before even reaching the senate.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
a reply to: Extorris
You know what the best part of all this is? Trump ain’t going nowhere and he’s going to be your prez for another 4 long yrs. Here have a tissue on me.

You rage against a process because the evidence is damning.

That's just it, it isn't damning, it's a pathetic overreach by a bunch of cowards and hypocrites that are to clueless to do anything productive for the country.

Lets put asides the legalities against Trump for a min, The dem party wants to get rid of someone for making a phone call, to possibly have a politician in their party investigated for corruption. That's really it in a nutshell and you all act like he's committed some atrocious war crime against humanity and the sky is falling. Its the most absurd and shallowest charge I've ever heard against a President, ever. The people of this country think its a eff'n joke and I'm talking Republicans and Dems. The only reason that some dems in general are onboard with this farce is because of their unadulterated hatred for the man, they couldn't care less about the phone call and most don't see it as a big deal, they're just adhering to their favorite dem policy of "by any means necessary.

You're a bunch of butthurt whiny crybabies, grow the eff up.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So that's a no, you don't know of any valid due process that he's been denied during the investigation.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Wayfarer

I f i was senate majority leader i would put out a statement that we will not even enter this into the record and it dies before even reaching the senate.

Honestly I think it makes no difference. Trump die hard supporters aren't going to be swayed by whatever evidence is presented, and anyone who is probably already is swayed at this point. Although I think McConnell will allow the vote to be held, I doubt there would really be any great effect one way or another if he didn't.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

So that's a no, you don't know of any valid due process that he's been denied during the investigation.

The ability for republicans to subpoena
The ability for the republicans to ask questions
The ability for the republicans to attend
The ability for legal council for the president to attend and ask questions

Jesus!

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The ability for republicans to subpoena

That's not due process as far as Trump's rights go.

The ability for the republicans to ask questions
The ability for the republicans to attend

They did have those abilities. You've been lied to. Over 40 republican's were members of the committees holding the closed door testimony sessions. Many even skipped out on their duty to do such so that they could stage the "SCIF raid" where they stormed the SCIF and illegally took their cellphones in.

The ability for legal council for the president to attend and ask questions

Technically not due process at all as far as investigations go. Nixon and Clinton never had that ability, but this privilege has been granted to Trump's lawyers going forward through the vote that passed today.

Jesus is right!

edit on 10/31/19 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Since it's "that day", I have to ask if there were any reports of "The Demon Cat". It supposedly shows up when the Republic is in dire health.

This isn't as much a sham as it is the ugly woman disrobing in public. Nobody wants to see it, but nobody can dare look away from the horrors they're experiencing. Watching the rights of due process get gutted by P-2 members is beyond terrifying.

Oddly though, I'm wondering if the S/T thought this whole thing out at all? Even Pelosi seem to be hinting that people should change their votes when she sounded off the final count. I wonder who will survive the weekend at this point.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This is what I call the Schiff Show...
Schiff is the prosecutor, judge, jury and a lying piece of leaking scum.

The Demoncrats are possessed by Hillary demons, this is why they picked Halloween for impeachment inquiry rules.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join