It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Walk Back Thursday Vote On Impeachment Inquiry

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: xuenchen

Due process has been codified with this new Resolution.

They can take their due process and this impeachment and shove it up their arse. The fact that they ignore their own criminal acts and corruption while proclaiming to have some sort of moral high ground above others that are actually less corrupt than they are, disgust me to no end. They’re a eff’n disgrace to mankind and this country, period. The further they continue this impeachment nonsense the more pissed off I get. It wouldn’t bother me so much if they would assume some responsibility and hold themselves accountable for their own wrong doings, but they don’t have the courage to do so. Hypocritical cowards they are.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The outcome is that it grants Trump and his attorneys more ability in this level of the investigation than Nixon or Clinton were granted.

You should quote & link the part(s) in the actual Resolution that support your theories.

(( hint: H.Res.660 )) 😃

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You've perfectly described both of our corrupt parties. LOL

Ignoring their own criminal acts and corruption while proclaiming to have some sort of moral high ground above others is called D.C. politics.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

originally posted by: Extorris

a reply to: redmage

I feel sorry for the Dems due to the precedent they set today.

I feel sorry for the GOP due to the President they have today.

It's an unending torrent of damning testimony:

Top NSC Russia official confirms key testimony linking Trump to quid pro quo
www.politico.com...

Yet, they are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Lipstick on a pig. Americans are not that stupid.

Everyone knows the GOP are raging about process because the facts damning and indefensible.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

They can take their due process and this impeachment and shove it up their arse. The fact that they ignore their own criminal acts and corruption while proclaiming

TLDR

Trump is POTUS. He abused his power and extorted a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 election.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

It’s an unending torrent of BS is what it is and has been for three yrs. I feel sorry for the people blind and ignorant enough to support these clowns.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

It’s an unending torrent of BS is what it is and has been for three yrs. I feel sorry for the people blind and ignorant enough to support these clowns.

Your shtick seems to be lots of general vitriol with no substance.

Just from the opening statements of witnesses that have worked for the POTUS, it is thoroughly damning.

If you sincerely cared about corruption you wouldn't have written hundreds of posts on ATS trying to defend the POTUS through false equivalencies and the very, very tired ....he did it too!!! defense that a child might employ.

Can't take these posts seriously.

You can shout about the Dems but can't acknowledge any of the glaring current Criminality of the President of the United States.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

www.politico.com...

Yet, they are trying to make the best of a bad situation.

Lipstick on a pig. Americans are not that stupid.

Everyone knows the GOP are raging about process because the facts damning and indefensible.

As an American, what I have seen is Dems crying to impeach Trump before he was inaugurated. 3 years that they have evidence that he colluded with Russia. Now, trying to say he was using his position to coerce a foriegn government for personal gain in the coming election.

Facts are that Burisma investigation in Ukraine was re-opened in February. Months before this phone call.

Smart Americans will be questioning what was so bad about the Republicans amendments for the Resolution. They were providing a fair and balanced investigation for all. I imagine those smart Americans will begin to question which party really is looking out for minorities in America? Who is really wanting to be more transparent?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They can take their due process and this impeachment and shove it up their arse. The fact that they ignore their own criminal acts and corruption while proclaiming

TLDR

Trump is POTUS. He abused his power and extorted a foreign government to interfere in the 2020 election.

Oh, BS! Keep saying that until you convince yourself. Your post proves my point, your party and the people who support it are made up of cowards and hypocrites that can’t admit to their own wrongs.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Oh, BS! Keep saying that until you convince yourself. Your post proves my point, your party and the people who support it are made up of cowards and hypocrites that can’t admit to their own wrongs.

Again, you perfectly describe both of our corrupt political parties. lol

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris
You know what the best part of all this is? Trump ain’t going nowhere and he’s going to be your prez for another 4 long yrs. Here have a tissue on me.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

So there was no due process prior to this vote?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

TLDR

False.

As a matter of fact, todays impeachment resolution saw ZERO republican votes and TWO Democrat defectors.

The American people see past the BS, so much so that Pelosis is on twitter BEGGING for GOP votes on the resolution.

No one belives this crap and certainly your tainted opinion doesm't change minds, it only serves to fight you and your ilk, to eat crow and continue to be wrong.

Sexual assualt Allegations.
Targeting his family.
Targeting his finances.
Russian Collusion via Mueller.
Fishing Exp via Mueller.
Obstruction attempt via Mueller.

All completely failed and NOW you're trying to tell us that a CIA whistleblower, aka Partisan SPY, with no first hand knowledge and several other analysist and transcribers to boot is going to be Trumps downfall from an otherwise ordinary call?

Pitiful.

Pathetic.

However, not nearly as pathetic as the BS you people try to push and think will stick.

It won't and just to insure your absolute defeat, the Senate Republicans will can this the moment it hits the floor, thus nullifying all your ill attempts at removing a duly elected POTUS.

You people made the first move, live and deal with it.

Just need 18 seats to flip the House back, retain Senate, RINOs maintain zero grip on power, as Bannon once said, Trump will unleash havoc.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Arnie123 because: Oops.

edit on 31-10-2019 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Tom Brokaw Admits Democrats Lack ‘the Goods’ to Impeach Trump

Brokaw is on the road touting his new book, The Fall of Richard Nixon, which I can’t wait to read, and knows of what he speaks. At age 33, NBC handed him the White House correspondent’s job in the summer of 1973, one year after the Watergate break-in, eight months after Nixon’s resounding re-election victory, and a year before the president would be forced to resign in disgrace.

Speaking to Mitchell on the far-left MSNBC Tuesday, Brokaw said, “The big difference” between Trump and Nixon is that today, Democrats “still don’t have what you call ‘the goods’ on this president in terms of breaking the law and being an impeachable target for them.”

“They’re going to start the process, but they don’t have the same kind of clarity that the people who were opposed to Richard Nixon had because it was so clear that these were criminal acts that he was involved in,” he added.

(bolding mine.)

The article helpfully sums up what "the goods" were for both Nixon and Clinton:

The goods on Nixon were very easy to understand, which is why he resigned before he could be impeached… We had the president of the United States on tape authorizing a payoff to silence the Watergate burglars, an obvious criminal conspiracy and blatant act of obstruction.

In the case of Bill Clinton, there was a blatant act of perjury and a solid case for witness tampering. In the end, the American people (including yours truly — although I did not like him) did not believe these crimes rose to the level of overturning a presidential election, but they were still crimes.

In the case of Trump, we have... the president on tape telling the president of Ukraine he needs to get tough on corruption before we given him a bunch of money.

Uh, wait a sec. This supposed to be a crime somehow? Doesn't foreign aid always come with caveats? Why would anyone want it otherwise?

That is the difference. Trump's offenses are entirely political. They're "crimes" because the Democrats want them to be, rather than because any normal person would consider them crimes.

Dems are trying to claim that investigating Burisma is tampering with next year's election, but then why should Biden get a pass on what looks like a clear case of bribery just because he's running for president? Shouldn't presidential candidates be held to a higher standard than the average person, not a lower standard?

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Extorris
You know what the best part of all this is? Trump ain’t going nowhere and he’s going to be your prez for another 4 long yrs. Here have a tissue on me.

I don't care if Trump goes anywhere, although I doubt he will be re-elected. He is the first president in history never to pass the 50% mark for approval, lost the popular vote margin by an unprecedented percentage etc. etc.

Either way, the truth matters.

You rage against a process because the evidence is damning.

I just care that the evidence come out. If the Senate GOP vote to exonerate him in the face of that evidence, they can carry that vote into 2020 and the history books.

Sunlight is my priority. If Trump shrivels in it or survives is less important.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

The right wing might be in trouble if they are looking to Tom Brokaw to save them.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Just need 18 seats to flip the House back, retain Senate, RINOs maintain zero grip on power, as Bannon once said, Trump will unleash havoc.

You are comedic gold!

link   

The right wing might be in trouble if they are looking to Tom Brokaw to save them.
...lol, right and conversely the Lefts ill attempt at putting together a valid impeachment case against the POTUS from second and third hand acccounts and already signaled and doomed at the Senate 🤭

Seriously, what did you REALLY THINK WAS GOING TO HAPPEN?

link   

I feel sorry for the Dems due to the precedent they set today. One year from election, will they realize how stupid they were in passing this resolution that gives all control to the majority party, when they become the minority party themselves?

Completely no forethought towards future repercussions. Sadly, this seems to be their childish stance in all political agendas. They want what they want and that is all that matters.

The Democrats believe there will never be a Republican majority in the House, again.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Good job missing the point.

The guy who literally wrote the book on Richard Nixon's impeachment is admitting that he doesn't see any crime to impeach Trump over.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join