It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Walk Back Thursday Vote On Impeachment Inquiry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Well that didn't last long. I guess there must be some shaky dems.

“We are going to have to consider whether or not it is ready to go on Thursday,” Hoyer said.

I wonder if mr hoyer knows that nancy released the rules they're expected to vote on... Oh wait of course he does. So that must mean there aren't quite enough votes. I mean, if we have to consider whether or not it's ready to go and the resolution is already written the only thing that would not be ready to go is the votes, right?

Link

We already know about one democrat defector...
edit on 30-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

My guess is that the liberals just want to milk this a little longer before it flops around on the floor and dies.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Just imagine the optics of the vote being delayed! White House and Republicans will seize on this!

I hope enough Dems still have the backbone to think for themselves. Not to be forced by Nancy to vote some way.

This proces stinks of corruption.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
DP
edit on 30-10-2019 by Goedhardt because: Loading error on page, Double post...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

It would be so funny if they had to delay it because they didn't have votes. It's not out of the realm of possibilities.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

votes are not the Only reason for a delay...

Pelosi is trying to change the Rules and Investigative Process for Impeachment (which involves the 'Inquiry' forum, along with 2 other committees)
and I believe Pelosi does not have the Secretive 'Inquiry' process all sewed up tight, yet

Her 'Inquiry' Panel of Partisan Democrats refuse to use what usual Legal Proceedings consider 'Evidence'... the Secret 'Inquiry' sessions build their case on Innuendo + hearsay + biased interpetation of facts... and that's the narrative the Dems want sent to the Senate Hearings

Pelosi must have discovered a faulty clause in her 'Inquiry' scheme

I don't expect much support or following with my take on the whole Impeachment boondoggle that's going on, but as time goes by then maybe others will see into the muddied waters-of-this-Pelosi scheme to harass Trump and to radically change the Impeachment benchmark
edit on th31157243374730092019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

votes are not the Only reason for a delay...

Pelosi is trying to change the Rules and Investigative Process for Impeachment (which involves the 'Inquiry' forum, along with 2 other committees)
and I believe Pelosi does not have the Secretive 'Inquiry' process all sewed up tight, yet

Her 'Inquiry' Panel of Partisan Democrats refuse to use what usual Legal Proceedings consider 'Evidence'... the Secret 'Inquiry' sessions build their case on Innuendo + hearsay + biased interpetation of facts... and that's the narrative the Dems want sent to the Senate Hearings

Pelosi must have discovered a faulty clause in her 'Inquiry' scheme

I think you are totally right! And I like the way you say it

It is sad that the media is not doing its work. They should call it what it is: a partisan effort to undo an election, in secret... sidelining any opposition. Going on, when 3 earlier votes said: no impeachment

The lack of honest media is the greatest threat to Democracy. The Dems do what politicians do. It is to be expected. The media do NOT do what they are supposed to do. Unfortunately, this is also expected...

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That’s exactly why they delayed it .

The red state democrats are afraid to stick their neck out .

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Well they have all day to fix it lol

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
They still havent sound a whistleblower yet.
A sax player , oboe player , and Daffy Duck all turned them down.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The last couple of times I heard Pelosi say she had the votes she was dead wrong.

Remember when she said Trump would not be President and you could take it to the bank. She literally said that twice in an interview. She also said Trump did not have the Senate votes for wall funding when Trump was telling her he did when he sat down with her and Chuck.

As far as I know, she has not said she has the votes for this inquiry. Maybe she does but it doesn't look like it. I don't even think she has the balls to say it this time.

edit on 30-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   

So that must mean there aren't quite enough votes. I mean, if we have to consider whether or not it's ready to go and the resolution is already written the only thing that would not be ready to go is the votes, right?

would you vote to impeach based on this garbage?
a difference of opinion on how the potus conducted diplomacy?
based on 2nd and 3rd hand information from unelected bureaucrats?

I would not.
I would wager many dems would not either.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Dear Lord.

They don't even have the votes for an "Inquiry" and they want us to believe that Trump broke some law somewhere bad enough for impeachment.

Democrats. A party for those who need to wear a helmet when they toilet.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I'm sorry but leftist liberal progs all assured us that was a flawless slam dunk case, so what's happening Lefties.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Goedhardt

thanks

I said not so long ago... It is evident that civil uprightness has left the Political realm...Once Upon a Time there was a political discipline called Loyal Opposition, when the guy you voted for lost the Election But You still respected the Opposition Party President (even though they suked)

and the 'Press', Media were not fixated on smearing the elected President, before Clinton there remained a bit of the old Loyal Opposition mentality between the 2 or 3 major political party's... but it is completely disappeared after the 2016 election cycle

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

My guess is that the liberals just want to milk this a little longer before it flops around on the floor and dies.

I think their only goal here is to keep talking about impeachment for the sake of keeping the idea in the back of people's minds to make them think Trump actually did something worth impeachment. It's like the saying "If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it." They have no intention of actually trying to impeach him because they know he didn't do anything wrong with his phone call. They just want people to think he did by constantly talking about how they're going to impeach him (but never actually do). It's a very basic manipulation tactic.
Remember, Adam Schiff outright MADE UP the contents of the transcript of Trump's phone call during a congressional hearing - he literally lied about what Trump said during the call. These people are lying, manipulative snakes who will do anything they possibly can to oppose their political opponents.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
I'm sorry but leftist liberal progs all assured us that was a flawless slam dunk case, so what's happening Lefties.

I think the liberals in the house are just trying to help out their friends and buddies in the news media to help out with their failing ratings.

This is becoming like a charade. Leftists accused Trump of fake news yet its the liberals themselves who are now pushing and creating fake news on this front.

Rather then spending the whole 4 years focusing on actual issues. The liberals have being trying so hard with this Russian collision nonsense.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
One guy saying they have to "see" if they are ready is not them walking anything back.
He is trying to say the language is not correct for this vote that is all.

The vote is still scheduled for Thursday. It has not been delayed or cancelled.
edit on 10302019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
when that "one guy" is stenny hoyer.....
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Hoyer, who controls the floor schedule, would not fully commit to holding the vote on Thursday.
“We are going to have to consider whether or not it is ready to go on Thursday,” Hoyer said.

do you even know who he is???
nancy does
they do not get along

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The House Schedule is empty for Oct 31 😃

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join