It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Impeachemt Vote

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Word is there is not one Republican vote to push this in the Senate. If that is true, what is the point. Lindsay Graham is saying it won't pass the Senate.

So why even push it. The odds of it going any further is about as close to zero as possible. Nobody is losing their seat over this mess. They will not vote to impeach him. Doing so they lose their job. They are not losing their job over it and many will if they do it.

So what is the point. A bunch of he said she said. He already gave the phone call. It's not bullet proof. If it was they would have already gone for the jugular.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Optics!

Its all about portraying Trump in the media in such a negative light all the way to the election!

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Optics!

Its all about portraying Trump in the media in such a negative light all the way to the election!

Pretty sure the media has portrayed trump in a negative light since before he was POTUS.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This should not be a partisan issue. It should be an ethic and moral issue.

Trump has abused the power of Presidency. He does not represent the people, he represents his ego and his wealth. If he had nothing to hide then he would make his tax returns transparent.

We have someone who is so egotistical that he refuses to admit he is wrong, ever. Look at the Central Park 5 case and how he refuses to apologize to the boys that he paid for newspaper's ads to call for their execution, even after they were exonerated. Not only did he refuse to apologize, he criticized New York for settling with them.

This is a man with no moral backbone. He is an egotistical and narcissistic maniac who refuses to take no for an answer. Not only does he believes he has presidential immunity, he believes that immunity extends to investigating him in anyway. That is not how the President of the United States behaves, that is the behaviour of a tyrant.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Optics!

Pretty sure the media has portrayed trump in a negative light since before he was POTUS.

They have, but they cannot stop. They're all in, this is a game of keeps. You don't attempt a coup against the President and expect a ''good try better luck next time'' certificate when you lose.

There was a decade of deliberate corruption and they really though she would win, so they didnt bother to hide it.

Their ''insurance policy'' has failed, they're slowly being exposed.

Any hesitation or easing of the pressure will expose the entire coup.

Its 100% forward at all times until the final chance is put into play (aka Kennedy in Dallas) or he's impeached and muddied so much no one listens to him.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Perhaps however I'm not convinced trumps an outsider, I believe he's one of the swamp monsters playing the saviour.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Perhaps however I'm not convinced trumps an outsider, I believe he's one of the swamp monsters playing the saviour.

Nah,

They wouldn't go after him with such passion..
They've tried everything they could to bring him down.. If Trump was in on it, they'd never have allowed Ukraine / Biden to be revealed - that would have been planned better.

They wouldn't have allowed Strzok, Page, Comey, Mccabe corruption to come out.

Manafort, Flynn etc wouldn't have been taken to trial.

And... the media wouldn't have been exposed!... no way Trumps an insider playing the game with them... they've lost more than they'd have ever gained!

edit on 30/10/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Trump is a lot of things in my opinion: an unwitting agent of cultural chaos, a useful idiot for McConnell, a symptom of a failing society and bittersweet comic relief.

In my opinion, the House should have started impeachment the day after the Mueller Report was published. Volume II is all the roadmap needed ... even the Keystone Kops could catch this blundering boob.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You want Trump out?...get a decent candidate. I'd vote for anyone better than him too. You got nothing but tears.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Well no $h#! Sherlock!

Trump was elected because the democrats rigged the primaries so Hillary won. This upset many of us to settling for Trump. Unfortunately he has not stepped up to the plate and has not become the President we wanted(and needed). I will concede that he is a much better choice than Hillary.

I want Trump to be a great president, unfortunately he has been disappointing. It's not too late, he can still be great if he can be humble enough to listen to his critics.

Impeachment is not what America wants or needs. We need the President to know his boundries, to lead and unite the people, not cause a great divide.

The Democratic party has yet to give us a candidate that inspires hope and inspiration like Trump has. For the sake of the co7ntry I want Trump to do good, even if it's unpopular and even if it makes him humble himself.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Trump has abused the power of Presidency. He does not represent the people, he represents his ego and his wealth. If he had nothing to hide then he would make his tax returns transparent.

We have someone who is so egotistical that he refuses to admit he is wrong, ever. Look at the Central Park 5 case and how he refuses to apologize to the boys that he paid for newspaper's ads to call for their execution, even after they were exonerated. Not only did he refuse to apologize, he criticized New York for settling with them.

This is a man with no moral backbone. He is an egotistical and narcissistic maniac who refuses to take no for an answer. Not only does he believes he has presidential immunity, he believes that immunity extends to investigating him in anyway. That is not how the President of the United States behaves, that is the behaviour of a tyrant.

This tired old hateful view is like a ship listing dead in the
water and coming apart at the seems on ruff seas. With it's demo lib crew
confused and fearful with no captain at the helm.

I'm sure glad I'm on the good ship America with a president who loves
his country and who denied the evil bitch. lol
edit on 30-10-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

List his crimes in order of severity. I don't think you actually know.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Look, I can't stand trump as a person, he's a complete asshat, however, as president he's doing a good job. He's far from a tyrant, and has been under constant battle for no other reason than Hillary lost.

To discredit what he's accomplished as president because of his personality, well that's pretty effing superficial, and maybe the person you hate the most faces you every day in the mirror.

It's a sad day in America when half the country hates the president not on policy, but feelsies. You really need to grow up and look past the person, and look at policy.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

I'm tired of having a hateful President! The most hateful President since the Calvin KKK Coolidge era.

Criticism is a good thing but you Trump lovers call any criticism, no matter how much it is deserved hate against the President.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I'm tired of having a hateful President! The most hateful President since the Calvin KKK Coolidge era.

Criticism is a good thing but you Trump lovers call any criticism, no matter how much it is deserved hate against the President.

So criticizing the President for having two scoops of ice cream is valid and not simply hate? No...just no. The criticisms have been petty and rediculous. He may be a arrogant dickwad but sometimes leaders need to be dicks to motivate others into action.

His actions of policy making has not been bad for America. He has actually accomplished a lot within his administration that if he was Obama, everyone would be singing praises. It goes unreported by MSM...but the Senate Republicans have come to realize this unpolished character has the strength to tackle the BS and still get the job done.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I think he accomplished more than expected for a guy who took so many arrows and bullets since first day.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Why would there be any vote confirmations up or down before the House process runs its course?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Just think about it. Who hates him?

Liberals (radicals), globalists, progressives, RINOs.....

They probably hate me because I'm Christian or just because I eat meat.

Irrational hate.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I see a number of posters regularly claiming that even though they may not like Mr. Trump they respect him because he has accomplished so many amazing things in his Presidency.

What are his top three accomplishments, as that has come into the discussion as a part of the reason why the Senate should reject any impeachment from the House?

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

1) Tax cuts, I don't care about the rich, I'm middle class and seeing an extra $4k per year

2) Trade negotiations, new trade deals that favor the US more are being implemented

3) Booming economy, combined with all time low unemployment rates.

you asked for 3

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join