It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House response to Impeachment Inquiry Vote

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
😃Trump's submarines have all launched 4 torpedoes each,

and the lone Democrat battleship can't maneuver out of the array.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
I'm looking forward now to the ballot box rooting out some RINOs and the Republican party heading back towards actually being conservative.

That would have to start from the top since the lifelong Dem and current RINO Trump rules the party now.

It would be nice to head back towards actual conservatives who believe in balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility instead of trillion dollar deficits, who believe in free trade instead of tariff wars, etc.. The list goes on...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
a reply to: MiddleInsite

www.vox.com... yeah sure the house starts impeachment but the senate tries and or convicts or aqquits and going by this well it aint gonna go to conviction in senate

Trump ally and Senate Judiciary Chair Lindsey Graham, who’s at the forefront of this push in the upper chamber, introduced a resolution on Thursday that condemns the House inquiry and its interviews with impeachment witnesses behind closed doors. The resolution, which has 50 Republican cosponsors, also urges the House to hold a formal vote to initiate an impeachment inquiry, a move that could give lawmakers in the minority more power to subpoena witnesses. Three Republicans have yet to sign onto the measure including Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Mitt Romney (R-UT). “If you believe you have a case against the president, vote to open up an inquiry,” Graham said in a press conference announcing the resolution, which is also cosponsored by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
so with it looking like baring any insane type of game changing evidence the house impeachment attempts is an exercise in futility

You quoted Vox.

I will take the time to be embarrassed for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

ah lol i try to use liberal sources so the liberals dont just go "its from fox" not a fan of vox but when a news agency that hates trump posts something that is good for trump it makes me smile and saves the usual deflection of "fox news is drumphs mouth piece" argument that pops up all the time

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

ah lol i try to use liberal sources so the liberals dont just go "its from fox" not a fan of vox but when a news agency that hates trump posts something that is good for trump it makes me smile and saves the usual deflection of "fox news is drumphs mouth piece" argument that pops up all the time

You have a valid point.

I just think that any time Vox is linked to anywhere on the internet, a kitten dies.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: MiddleInsite

www.vox.com... yeah sure the house starts impeachment but the senate tries and or convicts or aqquits and going by this well it aint gonna go to conviction in senate

Trump ally and Senate Judiciary Chair Lindsey Graham, who’s at the forefront of this push in the upper chamber, introduced a resolution on Thursday that condemns the House inquiry and its interviews with impeachment witnesses behind closed doors. The resolution, which has 50 Republican cosponsors, also urges the House to hold a formal vote to initiate an impeachment inquiry, a move that could give lawmakers in the minority more power to subpoena witnesses. Three Republicans have yet to sign onto the measure including Sens. Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), Mitt Romney (R-UT). “If you believe you have a case against the president, vote to open up an inquiry,” Graham said in a press conference announcing the resolution, which is also cosponsored by Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
so with it looking like baring any insane type of game changing evidence the house impeachment attempts is an exercise in futility

You quoted Vox.

I will take the time to be embarrassed for you.

We'll see you sometime next week if you plan to give that the proper time.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You have a valid point.

I just think that any time Vox is linked to anywhere on the internet, a kitten dies.

...from incredulous laughter...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

I'm looking forward now to the ballot box rooting out some RINOs and the Republican party heading back towards actually being conservative.

That would have to start from the top since the lifelong Dem and current RINO Trump rules the party now.

It would be nice to head back towards actual conservatives who believe in balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility instead of trillion dollar deficits, who believe in free trade instead of tariff wars, etc.. The list goes on...

I think he's right on the current tariff work he's doing.

I also completely disagree with the last few spending bills he has signed.

We really need to get back to a conservative party and a liberal party.

The term "liberal" doesn't even mean what it did 40 years ago.... both parties are infested with Progressives and career criminals.

A "Classic" Liberal, for instance, was for a limited government and a balanced budget.

They just had different thoughts on where the money we actually had should be spent.

My father is one of those.

AND... I'm drifting my own thread... ~facepalm~.

edit on 29-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

hrrm i always thought that was what happened when buzzfeed got shared but for the kitties i will try to not use vox any more ,before buzzfeed being the whipping boy it was gawker but hulk hogan sued the bejesus out of them and they got taken off the board . does this mean we get to blame them for grumpy cat dying(vox)?

more on topic Romney is getting grief from members of the GOP but at least seems to be in semi good spirits about it thehill.com...

Romney’s allies, however, have argued he is more concerned about the future of the country and the Republican Party than how he is viewed by GOP colleagues on Capitol Hill. “He’s more concerned about his legacy in terms of his family, his faith, his country and his party than about this place,” a Republican source familiar with Romney’s thinking said about his motivations. Romney often likes to quip “my future is behind me,” and makes clear his chief concern is what kind of future his 24 grandchildren will inherit. In other words, Romney’s not looking to set himself up for a future presidential run by clashing with party leadership, an approach that’s been taken by other GOP senators, such as Sen. Ted Cruz (Texas) and the late Sen. John McCain (Ariz.). Republican senators praise Romney as “funny” and “gracious” and acknowledge he has one of the most impressive résumés in the Senate Republican conference. He laughed with colleagues Tuesday after the unmasking of his secret Twitter account under the nom de plume Pierre Delecto, which he used occasionally to defend himself. “He took a fair amount of ribbing about it,” said a Republican senator, who requested anonymity to talk about the banter within the Republican conference, noting that Romney took the teasing in stride. Republican National Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel, Romney’s niece, even got into the act at Tuesday’s Republican luncheon by telling GOP senators to call her Ronna “Delecto,” according to a lawmaker at the meeting.
it also seems like the vox article talked about that the bulk of the republican senators are fully united behind the president (50+pence) and it does seem while some are irked by Romneys comments were mostly jovial about it and it does not even really seem to get to Mitt him self

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I just hope not all Dem Voter base are that childish and stupid into thinking that voting for dems would give them free stuff or saving the climate by imposing taxes.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I just hope not all Dem Voter base are that childish and stupid into thinking that voting for dems would give them free stuff or saving the climate by imposing taxes.

Just anecdotal evidence here, but I have a rather large extended family (100+) that have mostly been hardcore Democratic voters forever.

There are a few left that will vote D no matter what as of this point.

The rest are in the bag for Trump in 2020.

I don't think that the current "impeachment thingey" is helping the Democratic cause at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
We don't really have a proper political term for minimum government-maximum freedom.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
We don't really have a proper political term for minimum government-maximum freedom.

It's called conservatism.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Nope. Conservatism just has a different set of preferred authoritarian abuses than liberalism.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
OhOh !! 😃

DC Circuit Court of Appeals has issued an emergency stay blocking the release of the Mueller grand jury materials to the House Judiciary Committee

All three judges Obama appointees as well...

Maybe they have figured out that the original request was breaking the law?

Good find Xuen!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Nope. Conservatism just has a different set of preferred authoritarian abuses than liberalism.

So Conservatism, which has as its core value a smaller government and limited Federal interference into State's rights, is authoritarian to you?

OK then!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
What did you guys think was the likely action of a Motion to Stay filed with the Appellate Court?

Don't let simple logic distract from the crowing though. LOL.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

What did you guys think was the likely action of a Motion to Stay filed with the Appellate Court?

Don't let simple logic distract from the crowing though. LOL.

Because they didn't think the judge should tell the AG to break existing law by authorizing the release of the material?

Seriously, a case is coming soon to the SCOTUS which is finally going to fix lower court Judges throwing Motions around that conflict with existing law or the Constitutional powers of other branches.

I'm looking forward to it, since we now have more Origionalists in the SC then we do political activists.

Thanks again Trump!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What existing law was the AG told to break?

You don't have "origionalists" whatever you think that is, you have a right libertarian and a frat boy punk that can't hold his liquor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join