It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK General Election set for December 12th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
At last some movement , Parliament has finally agreed to let BoJo call the election for December 12th ... HoHoHo !

Not exactly what I wanted for Christmas but at least now we have a chance of sorting this thing out and hopefully clearing some of them out , here's hoping the Labour party and Lib-Dems have their balloons burst and their Turkey well and truly stuffed.

By a margin of 438 votes to 20, the House of Commons approved legislation paving the way for the first December election since 1923.

The bill is still to be approved by the Lords but could become law by the end of the week.

If that happens, there will be a five-week campaign up to polling day.

The prime minister has said the public must be "given a choice" over the future of Brexit and the country.
www.bbc.co.uk...

The only question is ... who do I vote for.

edit on 29-10-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Gonna be a crazy few weeks.

Very difficult to predict any kind of outcome I think given how turbulent our politics is right now.

I do think it will be a hung parliament but it’s who will lead it that I think is the question that’s very hard to predict an answer to.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hear hear lets vote these traitors out

Cons need a pact with Brexit Party and theyll clean up

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think it's possible the Tories will win a majority because the general public are sick of the constant delay and bickering , BoJo has delivered what Parliament wanted yet they still placed hurdles for him to jump.

I could be wrong it's just a feeling but at least we don't have too long to wait.

Latest polling looks bleak for the opposition.
www.mirror.co.uk...
edit on 29-10-2019 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Man o man.......there's going to be some foaming mouths and gnashing teeth come the 12th. Can you even imagine how insane this is going to be on the 11th.

And in the end it'll be out with the old in with the old more or less same self-serving wakners you've got at the moment.

Certainly the drama rivals the US political situation for it's level of absurdity.... but then again that's actually the world wide new normal for politics I suppose.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

Man o man.......there's going to be some foaming mouths and gnashing teeth come the 12th. Can you even imagine how insane this is going to be on the 11th.

And in the end it'll be out with the old in with the old more or less same self-serving wakners you've got at the moment.

Certainly the drama rivals the US political situation for it's level of absurdity.... but then again that's actually the world wide new normal for politics I suppose.

I think the public have had enough tbh going to be a clear majority and a remainiac drabbing

voter ID is a must

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

voter ID is a must

Seconded.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You could be right but time will tell.

My concern is that there is no clear majority and we end up the same situation we have now or even the insane prospect of a second election

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Didnt even vote in the referendum, tbh i was Pro Eu up until 2015, 2016 i didnt care,m would say i was 50/50 and i never expected a fair election, back then i would say alot of people i knew didnt vote or care, but one this i have seen is the public get very p***** off with westminster and just about everybody has seen their blatant disregard for democracy, i dont know many for remain or labour, its a solid brexit party or cons here now, labour are getting wiped out

im expecting lib dems to do well, they seemed to have played it well enongh to the "not so well informed voters" who dont really follow politics but see them as an alternative to the big two, who they know have caused carnage

Brexit party will do much better than the polls suggested

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm suffering from a bad case of Mandella Effect.

I would have sworn I read a story a few hours ago that said the Dec. 12 vote had been postponed to January. Something about students on Christmas vacation. Also, something about the vote being approved only on the condition that a No-Deal Brexit was taken off the table.

I read this post and checked for the article I read and I'm not seeing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Well, give this a go. It's quite revealing. I expect it will be updated over the next month.

Vote for Policies

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Not sure i'll be in London on the 12th, let alone England but lets hope the Brexit mess is ended once and for all.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You could be right but time will tell.

My concern is that there is no clear majority and we end up the same situation we have now or even the insane prospect of a second election

I will absolutely cry with laughter at you if the Tories win a massive majority (or the Brexit party). I can just imagine you and Andy06 crying into your haggis (Probably vegan haggis as well)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Hear hear lets vote these traitors out

Cons need a pact with Brexit Party and theyll clean up

Way to go I would say ...... But Boris has ruled it out. I think

he needs to consider, it would be to his benefit.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JPtruther

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You could be right but time will tell, I cry every time I see it, it is quite honestly the most evil creation in human history, it’s horrors unmatched.

I will absolutely cry with laughter at you if the Tories win a massive majority (or the Brexit party). I can just imagine you and Andy06 crying into your haggis (Probably vegan haggis as well)

Vegan haggis is a abomination to mankind, I cry every time I se one, it is the most evil creation of man, it’s horrors unmatched on earth or in hell

If they don’t get a majority or the brexit party get less seats than the SNP can I laugh at you like a child?
edit on 29-10-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JPtruther

Hey, stop trolling.

Back to topic. On the news this morning there was an MP saying he got confused with the vote and many Labour MPs did not mean to vote for the 12th December date. They did so erroneously. They thought it was a vote for something else, and the SMS messages being sent out by the Whips office telling them what to do was contradictory.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
A lot of traditional Labour voters who support Brexit and feel abandoned by the Labour Party will never vote Tory, especially in northern Labour held seats......but they would consider voting for The Brexit Party.

To prevent a hung parliament I'd like to see some sort of Brexit/Tory pact.

But my quandary is post-Brexit; I don't want any of the major parties in power and I think the leaders of all of those parties are thoroughly unsuitable for high office....as a sadly missed member was oft to say; I wouldn't trust any of them to look after my pint when I went to the toilet let alone run this country.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For the first time ever I’ve considered voting Tory just to get us out of Europe and respect the referendum. However, I just can’t vote for those sociopathic reps of the elite.

Corbyn’s always been someone I feel I trust to finally be true to the promises broken over and over by the city of London loving new labour.

It’s certainly fool hardy for labour to agree to an election prior to brexit being resolved (after which the brexiteer labour deserters will return).

But it’s done now and folk like me, caught between a desire to leave the EU and a belief in Corbyn have to make a tough choice. I hope, like me they find themselves choosing the only leader in generations to signal a true upheaval of our hugely corrupted society.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

I can't vote Labour , Chairman Corbyn is as weak as dishwater and has problems running his own party yet alone the country , the thought of Diane Abbott as Home Secretary sends a chill down my spine.

It's a tough choice but as it stands I may have to hold my nose and vote Tory ... I know I'll probably regret it but as much as I like Farage as an irritant I don't want him in government.
edit on 2-11-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Nigel Farage has told the BBC he will not be standing for election in the General Election.

The Brexit Party leader told the BBC's Andrew Marr he had thought "very hard" but had decided he could "serve the cause better" by supporting his party's 600 candidates "across the UK".

"I don't want to be in politics for the rest of my life," he said.

Mr Farage, who has stood for Parliament seven times previously, also criticised PM Boris Johnson's new Brexit deal.

He told BBC One's Andrew Marr show the deal agreed earlier this month was "virtually worse that being in the EU".

"If Boris Johnson was going for a genuine Brexit, we wouldn't need to fight against him in this election," he said.
www.bbc.co.uk...

I find that a curious decision for a man who started a political party with the intention of Fighting to help achieve Brexit as any Brexit party candidates elected to Parliament will not have their leader in the House with them , I think Nigel is preparing to walk away again.
Can't say I blame him as the odds of achieving a meaningful Brexit look dead in the water.

Personally I'm not sure I'm even going to vote this time , what's the point when the deal on the table is not a deal I support.

Que será, será

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join