It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under appreciated movies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This sci-fi flick from 1987 rocked!

THE HIDDEN

The trailer doesn´t do the film justice. If you can see it on Netflix, believe me, it cranks!
edit on 29-10-2019 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Dark skies

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Here are a few horror flicks I've found under appreciated or at least maybe you haven't heard of them.

If you like Zombie movies and don't mind reading subtitles then catch "Train to Busan". It really stands out in the zombie genre.

"You're Next" was a breath of fresh air in the horror genre. It's a family gathering turned on its head when they start getting killed one by one, except one of the guests unexpectedly fights back.

I think James Gunn's directorial debut "Slither" was overlooked. It's horror/comedy that tries not take itself too serious.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Watch MOMENTO!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: toolgal462
the End with Burt Reynolds and dom Delouise. Funny #!
Scrooge the musical with Albert Finney. My fav version by far
Rosemary's Baby is best horror movie. I don't know if you would consider it overlooked.

The End was hilarious, Burt was always good in those roles. Drinking the sour milk after taking a handful of pills, then spitting it all out looks like Walt Disney threw up LOL. Bargaining with God when he was going drown himself in the ocean. Definitely a film subject they probably would not do today or it would catch some grief over it/

Everything about that movie makes me crack up! It never gets old.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Great thread, always find some gems between these links, so think i should also contribute.

For scifi:

Moon 44 1990- Made in the Aliens area and also shares that vibe a bit.

For humor/action:

Lock Stock and two Smoking Barrels 1998- Pulp Fiction type movie but from UK with lots of humor.
If you like this type there is also 'Snatch 2000'

For Horror:

The Dyatlov Pass Incident 2013 - Bit of teener/jumpscare movie but it gets dark in the end, and that story...

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

This is one my kids loved when they got old enough to handle "scary" movies. Low budget but still good -

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Funny, the very first thing I thought of as I was clicking the link to read your OP was UHF....

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Gehenna on Netflix everything about it from effects to acting to visual feel screams horrible B flick but watch it all the way through the story line actually impressed me for a horror flick.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Full movie

A waste of an hour and a half...

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Possibly the worst accent ever. Tim Curry is mostly brilliant but Congo was a dud.

Maybe not underappreciated but it's so old that most people have never heard of it - Arsenic and Old Lace. Freaking classic.

"But honey, Niagara Falls"

"It does? Well, let it"

Don't forget the masterpiece that is Chicken Run.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Very good call. Don Johnson as the dog is priceless. Haven't seen that in thirty years or so. Guess I'll have to watch it again.

posted on Oct, 31 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'll add Heathers to this list.

<< 1   >>

join