It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House has Published Their Impeach Resolution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Except that everything the Minority does has to be asked for and approved by Schiff. He has the power to say no to everything they want to do. It's a smokescreen, a well-written sham like everything Schiff does is.

I suspect it is more to do with keeping it relevant with regards calling witnesses and not subpoenaing someone like Steel and going off on a tangent. Know most here won't agree.

If I were a betting man I'd bet the farm that Schiff won't allow much if anything to happen on the Republican side. He has already stopped a witness (or more) from answering Republican questions, which flies in the face of every ethical process in our country's history. He has demonstrated in hearings that he's making things up as he goes, in his statements and his actions. This group of Democrats is much different from any former group, they don't care about the law, about precedent or the Constitution. Every single step they've taken since January 21st, 2017 has been to remove Trump. They will not stop until someone grows big enough balls to step in legally and put a halt to it.

Deep in my soul I hope the AG and IG have enough evidence to bury a large portion of high-ranking congressional members, no matter which party, deep in the pits of hell because that's where they belong.

And no, I'm not kidding.

Has there been a legal challenge or are they playing within the rules?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
If the Dems had the votes they would have officially impeached already.

They don’t.
They won’t.

All they can do is howl at the noon and try to use the specter of impeachment to try to influence public opinion.

It’s the death throes of the Dems short lived reign of power in the Trump era.

Democrats are impeaching Trump because they say he is trying to influence the 2020 election.

Democrats are influencing the 2020 election by impeaching Trump.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
well it seems this got delayed again and the constant back and forth between dems and republicans over this and even the Flynn case keeps going back and forth(flyn got his court case postponed like his lawyer wanted) and now the dems are delaying a vote and some dems even saying they wont vote for it and of course the republican senates response to the issue

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They don’t.
They won’t.

All they can do is howl at the noon and try to use the specter of impeachment to try to influence public opinion.

Democrats are impeaching Trump because they say he is trying to influence the 2020 election.

Democrats are influencing the 2020 election because Trump attempted to influence the 2020 election.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well let's reflect a bit on history. How many presidents did not know that Colorado was not on the border of Mexico ? How many presidents thought the continental army seized the airports from the BrItish ? How many presidents admitted to sexual harassment ?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well if Adam Schiff Told Witnesses They Don’t Have To Answer GOP Questions. That would make the whole thing one sided and all in favor for the democrats.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Except that everything the Minority does has to be asked for and approved by Schiff. He has the power to say no to everything they want to do. It's a smokescreen, a well-written sham like everything Schiff does is.

I suspect it is more to do with keeping it relevant with regards calling witnesses and not subpoenaing someone like Steel and going off on a tangent. Know most here won't agree.

If I were a betting man I'd bet the farm that Schiff won't allow much if anything to happen on the Republican side. He has already stopped a witness (or more) from answering Republican questions, which flies in the face of every ethical process in our country's history. He has demonstrated in hearings that he's making things up as he goes, in his statements and his actions. This group of Democrats is much different from any former group, they don't care about the law, about precedent or the Constitution. Every single step they've taken since January 21st, 2017 has been to remove Trump. They will not stop until someone grows big enough balls to step in legally and put a halt to it.

Deep in my soul I hope the AG and IG have enough evidence to bury a large portion of high-ranking congressional members, no matter which party, deep in the pits of hell because that's where they belong.

And no, I'm not kidding.

They are skirting the rules by calling non-subpoenas real subpoenas for one, claiming they must be followed when the fact is they don't. They have changed the rules so many times over the last three years (or at least moved the goalposts) no one except them has a good grasp of what they're trying to do. Now that I say that, I'm not sure they know what they're doing. The biggest problem aside from that is no one until recently has had any sort of pushback from the Republican side except Trump. It seems like most of the Republicans are spineless pussies. All this time Pelosi and Schiff have been claiming that have all the evidence they need to impeach, but here we are. So regarding the law... start with Flynn and go from there.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

They don’t.
They won’t.

Democrats are influencing the 2020 election because Trump attempted to influence the 2020 election.

Bull. The Dems are ruining their own chances and Biden should have been brought up on extortion charges as soon as that video was released. That is unacceptable.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

They don’t.
They won’t.

I'm

trying to influence the 2020 election.

link   

originally posted by: hoss53
Well let's reflect a bit on history. How many presidents did not know that Colorado was not on the border of Mexico ? How many presidents thought the continental army seized the airports from the BrItish ? How many presidents admitted to sexual harassment ?

😃 🐇 You know that was a "targeted" joke by Trump right ?

link   

And no, I'm not kidding.

They are skirting the rules by calling non-subpoenas real subpoenas for one, claiming they must be followed when the fact is they don't. They have changed the rules so many times over the last three years (or at least moved the goalposts) no one except them has a good grasp of what they're trying to do. Now that I say that, I'm not sure they know what they're doing. The biggest problem aside from that is no one until recently has had any sort of pushback from the Republican side except Trump. It seems like most of the Republicans are spineless pussies. All this time Pelosi and Schiff have been claiming that have all the evidence they need to impeach, but here we are. So regarding the law... start with Flynn and go from there.

When is a subpoena a non-subpoena and what rules have changed in the last three years?

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

They don’t.
They won’t.

I'm

trying to influence the 2020 election.

As is your democratic Right.
edit on 29/10/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

And no, I'm not kidding.

When is a subpoena a non-subpoena and what rules have changed in the last three years?

When they call it a subpoena but it has no actual legal power to compel the individual to testify.

Really? You haven't been watching the hearings over the last year? Nadler and Schiff both have moved the rules around to suit their needs OR ignored them entirely. They've been called out by Republicans but it falls on deaf ears because the Dems are in power so they get away with it. Honestly, you need to pay attention to the hearings and see it for yourself. If it were the other way around, Dems would be rioting in the streets.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I don't think it's so broad. I believe their focus is on the whistle blower complaint.

But I might be wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Be happy.

Because if there isn't it will make them look bad.

Now on the other hand...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I wouldn't hold my breath.

But I'll make some popcorn.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
I say this in all seriousness: something is very wrong with our society. Trump is no worse than Obama or bush, I would argue he’s leagues better but even if you don’t agree.......the democrats are acting like Trump is Satan in the flesh and they must stop him at any and all cost for the greater good.
One party will always hate the President. It has always been that way. Given the genius of our constitution, it’s probably by design.
But the democrats (this time) are acting as if they’re extras in the movie idiocracy.

Ummm...that's because of the upcoming SCOTUS vacancies...that's what this is all about...possibly three more during the next term...possibly one more during this term...

YouSir

That’s a good point that I haven’t forgotten, but there’s always something at stake at every election and it always feels like the only thing that matters. This is different. Trump smears have dominated the headlines every day for 3 years. People are on TV right now defending ISIS over Trump just because giving credit to Trump feels like they are complimenting Charles Manson.
Yes the Supreme Court is a huge deal. But this is different. This is a symptom of devolution

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Is the house not having a vote to start an impeachment inquiry the right thing to do?

Yes, absolutely - should have been done a long time ago. This is what gives them the extra-orginary powers (subpoena, etc) related to impeachment.

So again I ask, since this was called a formal impeachment inquiry, by the Speaker of the House, and no vote has been taken, and many left folks have claimed that a vote is not needed, my question is, if nothing is wrong with any of this, then why is there a sudden change of course and why is a vote being taken at all?

And I said, because they realize they know the way they were going about it was illegitimate, and if they didn't do this, the would only end up looking like the fools that they are.

I'm afraid this is the best I can do to clear things up.

All you are doing is making it clear that - again - you have me confused with something someone else must have said.

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hoss53

I see you’ve looked over Obama not knowing how many states are in the union. But at least he’s not orange, right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join