It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The House has Published Their Impeach Resolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

originally posted by: xuenchen

First thought, this is bad for Trump. Means Dems are ready to move forward.

Actually, Trump (and Republican Allies) has these Democrats chasing shadows and they are falling for it.

Every move is calculated and analyzed to a "-T-" 😃

The final Joke will be on Democrats as usual 😃

This move is a Dem move though.

And so far it's their only move.

All prior moves by Trump, The White House, and Republicans has been brilliantly executed.

That's why Democrats are in the corner they're in right now with no way of escape.

😎 🐇

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Schiff's "moves" from today's witness failure 😃

Adam Schiff Told Witnesses They Don’t Have To Answer GOP Questions. What?

House Minority Whip Steve Scalise accused House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff Tuesday of undermining Republicans during the impeachment hearing against President Donald Trump when he told witnesses they didn’t have to answer questions posed by Republicans.

“Adam Schiff, is claiming that this is a fair process by saying that Republicans are allowed to ask questions. He gets to choose all the witnesses – him and himself only – which means its not a fair process on its face,” Scalise said.

“Even (Schiff’s) claim now that Republicans can ask questions has been undermined because now he’s directing witnesses not to answer questions that he doesn’t want the witnesses to answer if they’re asked by Republicans,” said Scalise, who spoke to reporters after the hearing with Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: tanstaafl

It is nothing until it is voted on.

It is a resolution. Once it is voted on, it is a resolution that either passed, or failed to pass.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
why does anything need to be done if this is all super perfect?

I think you have me confused with someone else...

Please go back and figure out who you are responding to.

I'm just holding Impeachment Process 101 classes...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

The Dem's are trying to mitigate damage they have
already done by not following the rules.

They are afraid if they call it an impeachment resolution
that moderate Dems in swing states will suffer for it.

“It’s not an impeachment resolution."
— House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

www.foxnews.com...

Further, they are required by House rules to give the
notice 72 hours ahead of time.

That, along with many of the unacceptable rule changes
will cause the Republicans in The Senate to reject anything
that comes of it.

edit on 29-10-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

why does anything need to be done if this is all super perfect?

I think you have me confused with someone else...

Please go back and figure out who you are responding to.

I'm just holding Impeachment Process 101 classes...

no sport, it's you. See, you seem to be teaching the class here. You have stated that this is all good to go, and happening the way it should. So my question to you is, "why do things need to change if they are all so perfect?" If you need that broken down any, just let me know.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What are the numbers in the house and is it a simple majority vote? Genuine question.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

So from what I am reading this resolution is going to allow the ranking minority member to call witnesses, subpoena, interrogate them, etc. Though, I have questions regarding this application, since it also seems to state that the ranking majority member can dispute the requests?

Am I reading that correctly? It seems to be a resolution to confirm that they may continue to dig just to find some crime anywhere on the President that they may use instead of investigating a specific allegation.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Except that everything the Minority does has to be asked for and approved by Schiff. He has the power to say no to everything they want to do. It's a smokescreen, a well-written sham like everything Schiff does is.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

no sport, it's you. See, you seem to be teaching the class here. You have stated that this is all good to go, and happening the way it should.

Eh? Where did I state any such thing?

As I said - you are confused.

If you need that broken down any, just let me know.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

i hadnt heard of possible 3 but had heard Ginsberg and Bryer mentioned figured tomas would only retire if he had health issues in trumps second term

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I heard on the news on the way home that the Republicans are voting no on this. I don't blame them they are voting on something they no nothing about. Ever think that all the whistleblowers are being coached behind those closed doors instead of being asked questions.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: burntheships

If you've been following you'd know it's not.

This is them looking into things to see if there's an offense or not.

There’s not

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: burntheships

If you've been following you'd know it's not.

This is them looking into things to see if there's an offense or not.

Oh I've been following along, all the back to when
Hillary announced her run for POTUS.

Most recently, I began to pay very close attention
when James Comey let her off the hook for her
crimes. Then all though the Russia hoax, and then
through all of the Peter Strzok texts where he
and his mistress and Andrew McCabe continued
the insurance policy, all the presidents men etc.

This is criminal activity that is going to be
uncovered and properly prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

no sport, it's you. See, you seem to be teaching the class here. You have stated that this is all good to go, and happening the way it should.

Eh? Where did I state any such thing?

As I said - you are confused.

If you need that broken down any, just let me know.

Is the house not having a vote to start an impeachment inquiry the right thing to do?

The NY times reported this:

WASHINGTON — Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Tuesday that the House would initiate a formal impeachment inquiry against President Trump, charging him with betraying his oath of office and the nation’s security by seeking to enlist a foreign power to tarnish a rival for his own political gain.

www.nytimes.com...

You stated that you were "I'm just holding Impeachment Process 101 classes..."

So again I ask, since this was called a formal impeachment inquiry, by the Speaker of the House, and no vote has been taken, and many left folks have claimed that a vote is not needed, my question is, if nothing is wrong with any of this, then why is there a sudden change of course and why is a vote being taken at all?

I'm afraid this is the best I can do to clear things up.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think the democrats are having a tough time with this because they are building a criminal case with no crime.

If there was a crime, it's simple.

Vote to impeach.

But there hasn't been a crime so they're trying to do everything they can to prosecute a crime without actually identifying what that crime actually is.

The democrats are, to put it bluntly, a bunch of doorknob-humping retards.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
Except that everything the Minority does has to be asked for and approved by Schiff. He has the power to say no to everything they want to do. It's a smokescreen, a well-written sham like everything Schiff does is.

I suspect it is more to do with keeping it relevant with regards calling witnesses and not subpoenaing someone like Steel and going off on a tangent. Know most here won't agree.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If the Dems had the votes they would have officially impeached already.

They don’t.
They won’t.

All they can do is howl at the noon and try to use the specter of impeachment to try to influence public opinion.

It’s the death throes of the Dems short lived reign of power in the Trump era.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

I suspect it is more to do with keeping it relevant with regards calling witnesses and not subpoenaing someone like Steel and going off on a tangent. Know most here won't agree.

If I were a betting man I'd bet the farm that Schiff won't allow much if anything to happen on the Republican side. He has already stopped a witness (or more) from answering Republican questions, which flies in the face of every ethical process in our country's history. He has demonstrated in hearings that he's making things up as he goes, in his statements and his actions. This group of Democrats is much different from any former group, they don't care about the law, about precedent or the Constitution. Every single step they've taken since January 21st, 2017 has been to remove Trump. They will not stop until someone grows big enough balls to step in legally and put a halt to it.

Deep in my soul I hope the AG and IG have enough evidence to bury a large portion of high-ranking congressional members, no matter which party, deep in the pits of hell because that's where they belong.

And no, I'm not kidding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join