It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35A drops below $80M

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Lockheed and the Pentagon have reached an agreement for Lot 12-14 of F-35 purchases. Beginning in Lot 13, the F-35A, with engine, will be $79.2M. This drops to $77.9M in Lot 14. The total purchase will be for 478 aircraft to all customers, and a total of $34B.

This is a 12% drop in price from Lot 11. The B will see a drop from $108M in Lot 12, to $101M by Lot 14. The C will go from $103M to $94.4M. The breakdown for lot 12 will be 48 As for the USAF, 20 Bs for the USMC, 9 Cs for the USN, 12 As for Norway, 15 As for Australia, 8 As and 2 Bs for Italy, and associated parts and engineering costs. The order includes 149 aircraft in Lot 12 (down from 157), 160 in Lot 13, and 169 in Lot 14.

www.f35.com...

edit on 10/29/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
They won't go to Germany.
Maybe the F18, because of "nuclear capability".
For the German airforce, yupp...

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Lockheed and the Pentagon have reached an agreement for Lot 12-14 of F-35 purchases. Beginning in Lot 13, the F-35A, with engine, will be $79.2M. This drops to $77.9M in Lot 14. The total purchase will be for 478 aircraft to all customers, and a total of $34B.

This is a 12% drop in price from Lot 11. The B will see a drop from $108M in Lot 12, to $101M by Lot 14. The C will go from $103M to $94.4M. The breakdown for lot 12 will be 48 As for the USAF, 20 Bs for the USMC, 9 Cs for the USN, 12 As for Norway, 15 As for Australia, 8 As and 2 Bs for Italy, and associated parts and engineering costs.

www.f35.com...

That is good news.

Can you explain what the term "lot" entails. I see that when describing Lockheed aircraft, but never with Boeing aircraft.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools
Batch/group I think

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Each purchase is assigned a lot number. So these will be the 12th, 13th, and 14th purchase.
edit on 10/29/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It is the running cost of those fighter planes per hour that is shocking to the average Joe on the street , The RAF tornado was something like £ 70k per hour to keep airborne .

What is the f35 per hour with maintenance

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

In 2018 it was $44,000/ flight hour. The aim is $25,000 by 2025, although they'll probably be looking at 2030 or later to get there.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

In 2018 it was $44,000/ flight hour. The aim is $25,000 by 2025, although they'll probably be looking at 2030 or later to get there.

It has come down a lot in the last 4 years to fly the f35 ,But it still bugs my brain to think Musk can launch a rocket and the fuel only costs 200k to get to orbit and if his latest venture can get to Orbit successfully things might even get cheaper , Ditto Britians thinking on its Aircraft carriers stroke money pits America went with the Nuclear option 50 years ago UK .com really love their gas guzzlers more than America
America has its V8s man and Nuclear carriers that need fueled every 25+ years . The Brits had the English Electric lightning and carriers that drink fuel like a Alcoholic range 0 but getting some plane to climb 50.000 ft in a minute and go to over 60-100k ft and 1500 Mph is so 1960s . I can remember watching one go vertical above my head at a airshow in 73 somewhere in England , we seem to being going sideways ever since with the technology in Aircraft and Aerospace

edit on 29/10/2019 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As fun as a space fighter would be, we're not going to see them any time soon. Technology plateaus, and we're reaching one of them. When you consider the fact that the first heavier than air flight took place 116 years ago though, we've basically sprinted to where we are in terms of airspace science.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Loved those Zepplins of the20z-30s and if they went with the original Orion project of the 50s , we ulbe a luher i need a new wireless kky board bud ,

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Decent gear up your way?

So the B model is forcast to be lower than a Typhoon by batch 14 and has substantially lower running costs than a Tornado going off the above quote.

Britain, as an Island, has chosen to have a carrier capability so needed to procure an air wing. As such both needed modernising. We could have chosen to go nuclear if we wanted. As far as I understand our sub reactors are developed and built here. I happen to thing we have a pretty good capability now all things considered

No idea why Musk came into your argument.

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well the X-37B didn't spend 780 days in space looking at the moon! So who knows what that thing has been up to.

I haven't followed the F-35 in a long time....are there any new countries on board? Or are all those purchases from the original batch of partner countries?

Pretty sure Germany wasn't on there....

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Poland hasn't formally joined yet, but signed the LOI for 32 initial aircraft. Five or six others are considering joining. A couple of the original customers are adding airframes.

posted on Nov, 1 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: RexKramerPRT

Decent gear up your way?

So the B model is forcast to be lower than a Typhoon by batch 14 and has substantially lower running costs than a Tornado going off the above quote.

Britain, as an Island, has chosen to have a carrier capability so needed to procure an air wing. As such both needed modernising. We could have chosen to go nuclear if we wanted. As far as I understand our sub reactors are developed and built here. I happen to thing we have a pretty good capability now all things considered

No idea why Musk came into your argument.

The keyboard is now fixed from the curse of the crumbs or maybe it is the twice a year joint warier exercises going on in my area that play havoc with electronics , it is annoying to look at a screen and see five minutes typing become 4 letters on a screen

On adventia with Dementia , that speaks volumes in my case that i cannot

I did in my teens work on a HVAC renovation at the Dounreay plant en.wikipedia.org... and like Zaphod do get about and know the price of gas and bread , And how hard it is to keep those oil burners fed every three days on fuel and the support ships that takes which the Uk does not have due to budget cuts , but i did enjoy seeing the new carrier refuel last week

One thing is for sure not many in the uk government have read or understood the art of war , supply and demand ?
France shafted us with the 3rd carrier and the costs and they shafted Russia with 2 carriers that were built , so never trust the French .

America has a 600 billion spend and the uk 50 billion on defense budgets huge in comparison to others , The West has Elon Musk to give a percentage to for bread and circus acts and the East has Kim rocket man Jong maybe get those 2 a percentage of what we spend yearly to entertain the masses because what they are putting out now is 1950-60s tech at best . Brits are crap business men they were ahead of the Germans with engines and showed them how they worked pre ww2 same with the Russians and the mig engine we gave them , We are great at thinking things up but lousy at marketing them

Space X was from a cartoon in the 60s and Elons new rocket is a 50s look , i only hope he watches space 1999 and gets a better tube train than he is planning for LA

Decent gear up your way? This aint called the HIGHlands for nothing man

new topics

top topics

join